Simultaneous data and voice working for anyone else?
So I was on call and my friend asked me to watch a youtube video and as I was getting ready to hang up to search for the video, I noticed that youtube app opened and loaded videos while I was on call. So I kept talking and searched for my video and played it, all while I was on call, and I checked my wifi was turned off. I have just recently switched to S3 so I may not know the whole story about this device's capability to do simultaneous voice and data, but last time I checked, Sprint/CDMA didn't support it without LTE. Although I am in an area where LTE is slowly lighting up, but I didn't see any "4G" icon. All I saw was "3G" icon on my device while I was accessing data and voice simultaneously. Has anyone else seen it too? Or is this a feature from Sprint/GS3 that I just didn't know about?
- 10-25-2012, 02:16 PM #2
- 10-25-2012, 02:25 PM #3
- 1,544 Posts
Re: Simultaneous data and voice working for anyone else?
The galaxy s3 for Sprint can do simultaneous voice and data. They put two radios in the phone.. One for data and one for voice (if I'm not mistaken) so this is why you can do data and voice on 3g and while on 4g LTE (where available).
Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
- 10-25-2012, 03:24 PM #5
- 10-25-2012, 09:10 PM #6
- 10-25-2012, 09:13 PM #7
- 10-26-2012, 02:35 AM #8
- By Frankie15 in forum Bionic Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 13Last Post: 01-24-2012, 05:15 PM
- By balancesheet in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 2Last Post: 01-20-2012, 10:31 AM
- By mcaspe1 in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 19Last Post: 10-22-2011, 11:42 PM
- By dammitman in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 7Last Post: 10-11-2011, 04:11 PM
- By tmeader in forum LG Optimus S Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 03-05-2011, 09:43 AM