Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

Default Re: I've Got Jelly Bean on My GS3 and This Is What I Think!

Quote Originally Posted by oskar1995 View Post
    Frosty, I'm also seeing what looks like pretty rough battery life right now. As has been noted I certainly want to give it a couple of battery cycles before I think its a problem, but so far I do have some concerns.
    You guys are not considering the novelty factor. Just wait a few days, then decide. Don't obsess about it yet. Other people have suggested resetting the device..and have said that fixes the "battery life".

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Now I am at 62% with 5h,7m,19s of usage. Is that good or bad?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smooches680 View Post
    Now I am at 62% with 5h,7m,19s of usage. Is that good or bad?

It all depends on way too many variables which is why I don't know why everyone freaks out about battery life. I want to use my phone to its fullest potential so I just carry extra batteries and STFU about it, lol....with my sg2 I was changing or charging by 1pm daily. Now I go to about 5pm. With this update it looks like I will be about the same once I stop playing with the newness of it.

I have two oem batteries and a wall charger, I pop one battery out and the dead one in each day when I need to. I charge to 100% every night. I also have two cheapy non-oem batteries (which do not allow for nfc use) that I have in my purse for back up. I also have a power bank in my car for emergencies I'm able to do anything I want on my phone and I'm not constantly worried about whether Wi-Fi is on, GPS, Bluetooth, etc etc...I just use my phone how I want.

Those who brag about all their battery life, so what. I have a week's worth of power, too...lol

Quote Originally Posted by EVO_girl View Post
    It all depends on way too many variables which is why I don't know why everyone freaks out about battery life. I want to use my phone to its fullest potential so I just carry extra batteries and STFU about it, lol....with my sg2 I was changing or charging by 1pm daily. Now I go to about 5pm. With this update it looks like I will be about the same once I stop playing with the newness of it.

I have two oem batteries and a wall charger, I pop one battery out and the dead one in each day when I need to. I charge to 100% every night. I also have two cheapy non-oem batteries (which do not allow for nfc use) that I have in my purse for back up. I also have a power bank in my car for emergencies I'm able to do anything I want on my phone and I'm not constantly worried about whether Wi-Fi is on, GPS, Bluetooth, etc etc...I just use my phone how I want.

Those who brag about all their battery life, so what. I have a week's worth of power, too...lol

I feel you on that, I just keep my charger on hand all the time.

ihbsbA likes this.

I think its really cool of Sprint to take there bloatware off the phone. At least I can't find it in the app drawer anymore. Its as stock as possible from a US carrier.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Is there a way to remove the Sprint text from the lock screen and notification drawer?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  

ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Click This View Post
    Is there a way to remove the Sprint text from the lock screen and notification drawer?
    I imagine you would have to root your phone to be able to remove that.
    Jeff
    Galaxy S3, Epic 4G Touch, Photon, Evo, Pre, Pixi, Moto Q, BB Curve, PPC-6700
    Addicted to cell phones since 1998

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

All the people complaining about battery life, just disable Google Now... you will loose the silly cards appearing out of nowhere with silly facts, but you will see a much better battery life...

My news ticker on the lock screen isn't scrolling anymore since downloading JB, that sucks but everything else is smooth....

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

The Car-dock mode, aux-out through the microUSB and charging is back in the Sprint release! These features were removed in the European and pre-release versions and apparently Samsung have listened to the "fire-storm" of users that requested this. If you are using an OEM Dock, or an aftermarket Dock like our iBOLT.co product everything works as it should. I've attached screen shots supplied by user "Demetrius jr" (Thanks for your help!) as well as a link to the YouTube video he just made. We are contacting Samsung asking for confirmation that the AT&T, T-mobile, Verizon and US Cellular version will have these features "back" but it appears logical they will be in the there... I've Got Jelly Bean on My GS3 and This Is What I Think!-screenshot_2012-10-27-10-59-59.pngI've Got Jelly Bean on My GS3 and This Is What I Think!-screenshot_2012-10-27-21-51-52.png

Quote Originally Posted by dchamero View Post
    All the people complaining about battery life, just disable Google Now... you will loose the silly cards appearing out of nowhere with silly facts, but you will see a much better battery life...
    But Google now is best feature... But my battery life is bad even with extended battery

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    poopie35 likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #62  

ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by dchamero View Post
    While I certainly understand the idea behind disabling for better battery life, I typically take the approach that if my phone has a feature, I'd like to use that feature. I'm intrigued by what Google Now can do and will be using it. That being said, at this point, it's an observation. My expectation is with a couple of battery cycles and such, that my battery life would improve.
    Jeff

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelPe View Post
    The Car-dock mode, aux-out through the microUSB and charging is back in the Sprint release! These features were removed in the European and pre-release versions and apparently Samsung have listened to the "fire-storm" of users that requested this. If you are using an OEM Dock, or an aftermarket Dock like our iBOLT.co product everything works as it should. I've attached screen shots supplied by user "Demetrius jr" (Thanks for your help!) as well as a link to the YouTube video he just made. We are contacting Samsung asking for confirmation that the AT&T, T-mobile, Verizon and US Cellular version will have these features "back" but it appears logical they will be in the there... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-27-10-59-59.png 
Views:	156 
Size:	365.7 KB 
ID:	43400Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-27-21-51-52.png 
Views:	157 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	43401

Omg...I want this dock....is it a car dock? Point me!

Global Posts
    2,814 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

Omg...I want this dock....is it a car dock? Point me!

Yes !
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue
    Thanked by:
    ihbsbA 

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djjr50 View Post
    Yes !
    I assume the vehicle requires either Bluetooth capability or an auxiliary port to play through the car speakers, correct? My car has neither, so can I still use it? (Without an unused cable laying around?)

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelPe View Post
    The Car-dock mode, aux-out through the microUSB and charging is back in the Sprint release! These features were removed in the European and pre-release versions and apparently Samsung have listened to the "fire-storm" of users that requested this. If you are using an OEM Dock, or an aftermarket Dock like our iBOLT.co product everything works as it should. I've attached screen shots supplied by user "Demetrius jr" (Thanks for your help!) as well as a link to the YouTube video he just made. We are contacting Samsung asking for confirmation that the AT&T, T-mobile, Verizon and US Cellular version will have these features "back" but it appears logical they will be in the there... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-27-10-59-59.png 
Views:	156 
Size:	365.7 KB 
ID:	43400Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-27-21-51-52.png 
Views:	157 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	43401

How do you get it into that mode? Looks pretty cool lol.

Global Posts
    2,814 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

I assume the vehicle requires either Bluetooth capability or an auxiliary port to play through the car speakers, correct? My car has neither, so can I still use it? (Without an unused cable laying around?)

The sound is exported through the microusb port, which has an 3.5mm aux port. In your situation, you can either upgrade your stereo or use an fm transmitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe113 View Post
    How do you get it into that mode? Looks pretty cool lol.
    This is Car Home Ultra, a paid app in the play store. It launches automatically when I dock it.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Yes and no... You can use the Dock to get your S 3 into car-mode and with "automatic" charging. Download the CarHome Ultra application and use the 30 boxes (5 sets of 6 boxes) to link to your favorite apps, speed dial numbers or whatever and your driving experience will be terrific. If you want to listen to music from the phone through the car-stereo, a quality Bluetooth receiver with integrated FM sender is probably your best bet since you don't have a 3.5 mm jack or Bluetooth with A2DP support in your car-stereo (only a small percentage of cars have it...). I'm sure some Forum users can recommend some good products for this? Good luck setting up your optimal driving experience...
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #69  

ROM
    Stock for now

Does anyone remember how big the text block in the messaging app was before the update. It seems to be a bit bigger in JB and takes up a little more of the screen. I know it seems like something silly, but just trying to make sure I'm not crazy :-)
    Jeff

Just manually updated my phone to JB! Thanks again to qbking77 for the great information and videos!
    Easter came early or late, depends on how you look at it.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Since nobody replied to my earlier question, I'm going to assume that Flash still works?????

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

I installed super video and it told me I needed to install Adobe flash player, so I don't know if that means I didn't have it before ? I hadn't tried any websites with flash prior, but my guess is no, it doesn't come with it. You can do a Google search for the previous apk, that's how I installed it.I used the ics version, it works.

Global Posts
    2,814 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

When I upgraded, flash was still installed. But you can still install the apk.

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djjr50 View Post
    The sound is exported through the microusb port, which has an 3.5mm aux port. In your situation, you can either upgrade your stereo or use an fm transmitter.
    This is Car Home Ultra, a paid app in the play store. It launches automatically when I dock it.
    If I upgrade my stereo, it's going to include everything I would use my phone for, negating the need for the car dock - lol

Global Posts
    2,814 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

If I upgrade my stereo, it's going to include everything I would use my phone for, negating the need for the car dock - lol
    I'm not sure of a car radio that can hold and charge your device. Maybe you plan on putting it on your lap or center console, but I use my dock to keep my phone in the line of sight do I don't have to look down or away from the road.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast