[HOW TO] Manually Update to Official Jelly Bean LJ7

qbngator

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm debating doing the manual update. If I do, what would happen once the OTA tries to push to the phone? Secondly, can the zip file be erased from the SD card after installation? Thank you.

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm debating doing the manual update. If I do, what would happen once the OTA tries to push to the phone? Secondly, can the zip file be erased from the SD card after installation? Thank you.

If you update manually, it wont ask you to update OTA. (that is my experience when I did this for my Epic 4G Touch)

Muffspring18

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Tried this and I know I was on LI3 rooted. I'm in stock recovery and it keeps aborting the update. Says , "assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/system/etc/NOTICE.html.gz" , and the a whole bunch of numbers. Now I can't even boot into my phone because its stuck on the boot animation. If anyone has any ideas, I could use them. Thanks

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Tried this and I know I was on LI3 rooted. I'm in stock recovery and it keeps aborting the update. Says , "assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/system/etc/NOTICE.html.gz" , and the a whole bunch of numbers. Now I can't even boot into my phone because its stuck on the boot animation. If anyone has any ideas, I could use them. Thanks

Should be an easy fix. Shut off phone boot into recovery and do a factory reset and restart. That will probably fix you up.

Oscarillo1

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
It worked really good. Thanks. I had JB on my pad and now on my phone. Love it. Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

qbngator

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded zip file to SD card as instructed, powered down and powered up holding buttons, but the Download folder where the zip file is located doesn't show up no matter what I try. Any suggestions?

illiniah

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded zip file to SD card as instructed, powered down and powered up holding buttons, but the Download folder where the zip file is located doesn't show up no matter what I try. Any suggestions?
I did not put my file into a folder but just on the external SD card at the root level

nuyawker2000@

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a few questions, 1st off I am a newbie to roms/rooting etc. Following a few of qbking77's videos I rooted LG8, then unrooted to LIE and I am now on LJ7 with 4.1.1 JB. His tethering video I followed seemed to work fine til doing JB 4.1.1 it does not stop the circle just spins saying please wait while stopping. My question is how do I root my GS3 again, am I supposed to flash new modems on JB 4.1.1 also do I just redo the tethering?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Herduc

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to delete the file from your SD card, use the phone's my files app to select the file and delete it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance