Jellybean- any one not receiving email notifications after update?

Hokus84

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
All and all, loving the Jellybean... Only thing is that my email accounts won't sync and notifications are not happening... Any one else have this? How to fix? Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Is it Gmail you use? If so, go clear the data and force it to stop - then open your Gmail app and let it all sync again. If you use the email app, I don't know if that will work, but that's always a good first step, in my opinion. (Clearing data)

All and all, loving the Jellybean... Only thing is that my email accounts won't sync and notifications are not happening... Any one else have this? How to fix? Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

BajaGadget

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes, mine is doing the same thing. I found the settings in email for frequency to get new messages. That's good at 15 minutes.
In the main Settings menu, Email, it says "Sync disabled" next to both my email accounts.
I found that this is because I have Sync turned off in the notification menu toggle. (on purpose)

Here's the thing, if i turn Sync on, then Google app starts syncing all my stuff, which I don't want happenning except when I'm at home on wifi.

My setup worked fine before the OS was updated to JB. Email came in as I received it with Sync toggle turned off. I had a task to turn on sync every morning at 6:00, while docked and on wifi. That task only works with the sync toggle. I can't make it turn all the Google sync settings on/off. There are 10 of them!

Anyone know how to make email work with Sync off?
TIA

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, mine is doing the same thing. I found the settings in email for frequency to get new messages. That's good at 15 minutes.
In the main Settings menu, Email, it says "Sync disabled" next to both my email accounts.
I found that this is because I have Sync turned off in the notification menu toggle. (on purpose)

Here's the thing, if i turn Sync on, then Google app starts syncing all my stuff, which I don't want happenning except when I'm at home on wifi.

My setup worked fine before the OS was updated to JB. Email came in as I received it with Sync toggle turned off. I had a task to turn on sync every morning at 6:00, while docked and on wifi. That task only works with the sync toggle. I can't make it turn all the Google sync settings on/off. There are 10 of them!

TIA

Those things sync once and then just when changes are made.. why would you turn it off??

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

SombreroUno

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I updated using the "framework" method on my completely stock S3. At first I was not getting the notifications, but now, everything is working fine. Didn't do anything, my plan was to read up on it in here before I tried anything. Two days later everything was all good..

vonnie30

May 7, 2013
Visit site
yes I have the same problem I updated 2 days ago, no I have no sound or the blue led light does not light up when I receive email, do you know how to fix the problem:(

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
TIA

You can't sync anything if you turn sync completely off. You can, however, control what Google syncs. Go to Settings, scroll down to accounts, and tap Google. Then tap your account. You can uncheck everything but email, preventing them from syncing. But if you do this, they won't sync when on WiFi, either.

Another option is to make all Google services sync only when connected to WiFi. In Settings, Tap Data Usage, and scroll down below the graph. Tap on Google Services, and scroll down and tap Restrict Background Data. This will prevent Google from doing background data transfers when you're not on WiFi. I think that you can still sync email manually by opening the Gmail app and tapping the sync icon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12