Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Angry Re: Jelly Bean bugs/issues

I was so in love with my Galaxy S3 until this stupid Jelly Bean update! Now my battery is awful, the phone resets randomly every day, I can't listen to music without causing a reset...I HATE it. I've read that a corrupt file on the SD card causes the music/reset problem, but this never happened once before the JB update, so what corrupted the file? I have not tried a hard reset--I guess I'll do that tonight--but I've seen plenty of people with these same issues who tried the reset and got no joy, so I'm apprehensive about how mad I'm going to be if that doesn't work. Sync doesn't work now; the Samsung account screen says that sync will be back shortly. I use the Google calendar, and I like for it to sync across all my devices. Why doesn't it work suddenly? I have found nothing to like about JB. Nothing. I cannot use my phone the way I could before. GAH. SUCK.

ROM
    LIH Jelly Bean Leak

Default Re: Jelly Bean bugs/issues

Quote Originally Posted by Shelley Rees View Post
    I was so in love with my Galaxy S3 until this stupid Jelly Bean update! Now my battery is awful, the phone resets randomly every day, I can't listen to music without causing a reset...I HATE it. I've read that a corrupt file on the SD card causes the music/reset problem, but this never happened once before the JB update, so what corrupted the file? I have not tried a hard reset--I guess I'll do that tonight--but I've seen plenty of people with these same issues who tried the reset and got no joy, so I'm apprehensive about how mad I'm going to be if that doesn't work. Sync doesn't work now; the Samsung account screen says that sync will be back shortly. I use the Google calendar, and I like for it to sync across all my devices. Why doesn't it work suddenly? I have found nothing to like about JB. Nothing. I cannot use my phone the way I could before. GAH. SUCK.
    Sorry, but this makes absolutely no sense. There are millions of users that are running great with none of your issues. If I had your problems, I would be into a local Sprint store immediately. JB causes none of these issues. My best guess is that there was some data that was corrupted during the transition stage. You probably have some problems that can be easily fixed by a rep at your local Sprint store. If they cannot fix these issues, they will replace your phone. My guess is that you will be walking out of the store with a phone that is working way faster and more efficient than your outdated ICS OS, and you will love your phone even more than before.
    HTC Touch2 -> Palm Pre -> HTC Evo4G -> Samsung Epic 4G Touch -> Samsung Galaxy S3 -> Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Shelley -

S3 had similar issues. Working perfectly till one night jelly bean update (installed on its own, by the way) and then anytime I ran an app it would lock up and reset 30 seconds into it. It was not the app, it did it on a number of different apps. Searched high and low on the internet and only found one other mention of a similar problem, yours is actually the 2nd similar case I've now heard, but no real solutions. Conveniently I also could not find any way to uninstall the update.

Tried flashing to a factory ROM that was non-wipe, but that didn't help, so had to factory reset. That fixed the problem, and I immediately went to software updates and rejected the update. I'd love to run JB (it runs fine on my Droid Razr HD Maxx) but it made the S3 totally unusable as it would lock and reboot all the time. Obviously this must be a pretty rare bug or we'd hear more about it with the volume of S3s that are out there, but I'll just wait for the next update and hope they fix it. Does anyone know if there is any way to make sure the phone doesn't auto update in the future?
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Albigger View Post
    Shelley -

S3 had similar issues. Working perfectly till one night jelly bean update (installed on its own, by the way) and then anytime I ran an app it would lock up and reset 30 seconds into it. It was not the app, it did it on a number of different apps. Searched high and low on the internet and only found one other mention of a similar problem, yours is actually the 2nd similar case I've now heard, but no real solutions. Conveniently I also could not find any way to uninstall the update.

Tried flashing to a factory ROM that was non-wipe, but that didn't help, so had to factory reset. That fixed the problem, and I immediately went to software updates and rejected the update. I'd love to run JB (it runs fine on my Droid Razr HD Maxx) but it made the S3 totally unusable as it would lock and reboot all the time. Obviously this must be a pretty rare bug or we'd hear more about it with the volume of S3s that are out there, but I'll just wait for the next update and hope they fix it. Does anyone know if there is any way to make sure the phone doesn't auto update in the future?
    Actually if you would have left the update and just did a factory reset from the start you would have been perfectly fine with jb.

If your not on the current build of jb. You can't load an update.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:
    ihbsbA 
    ihbsbA likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    Actually if you would have left the update and just did a factory reset from the start you would have been perfectly fine with jb.

If your not on the current build of jb. You can't load an update.
    Thanks for the suggestions but I'm not sure I follow. You say I could have done a factory reset which is what I did. I'm sure you're right that I could have loaded JB after that and it would have been fine, but I didn't want to chance it. And it didn't stop the fact that I had to do a reset and lose everything.

Your second statement I don't understand either. If I'm not on the current build, there are still OTA updates that push JB correct?
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Albigger View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions but I'm not sure I follow. You say I could have done a factory reset which is what I did. I'm sure you're right that I could have loaded JB after that and it would have been fine, but I didn't want to chance it. And it didn't stop the fact that I had to do a reset and lose everything.

Your second statement I don't understand either. If I'm not on the current build, there are still OTA updates that push JB correct?
    You said you did a factory reset after flashing a no wipe rom. If you would have done the factory reset prior to flashing the no wipe rom, it would have been fixed and you wouldn't have had to flash the rom at all.

You stated you were going to stay away from jb until there is an update to fix your issues. That means you aren't currently on jb. If any update comes out to jb you won't be able to install that update. Updates are cumulative. So if you aren't currently up to date you can't install the next update that comes out.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Hey Skunk, I propose that we have a sticky that says.....

DO THIS AFTER YOU UPDATE TO JB........FACTORY RESET DEVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....this is just ridiculous!

Actually, it's kind of ridiculous that I had to do a factory reset after an update. Because it's a pain in the *** to do a factory reset, and I got no instructions or information with the update that warned me that a reset would probably be necessary, so all I got was a load of hassle. I did the reset and my issues seem to be resolved so far, which is great, but the phone is no better than it was before, as far as I can tell, and the experience was annoying. If you don't want to waste your time with people you deem unworthy of it, just don't respond.

Hey all
    Since the JB, update my Galaxy III says that I have one unread txt message, even after a restore using Kies and deleting all my txt messages as well as removing battery and restarting the device...Any ideas ??? Please help

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts

Actually, it's kind of ridiculous that I had to do a factory reset after an update. Because it's a pain in the *** to do a factory reset, and I got no instructions or information with the update that warned me that a reset would probably be necessary, so all I got was a load of hassle. I did the reset and my issues seem to be resolved so far, which is great, but the phone is no better than it was before, as far as I can tell, and the experience was annoying. If you don't want to waste your time with people you deem unworthy of it, just don't respond.
    The simple truth is, updates work better on a fresh phone. Think about it; how could every update be expected to go flawlessly with so many variables? There are no two phones exactly alike when multiple apps are installed, etc - there's no way every update could be expected to behave the same. Your best bet is always to factory reset. It just makes sense. Email, contacts and apps are ALL restorable - if you don't like setting up your settings again, I don't know what to recommend - there really aren't that many. Most apps have some sort of a backup system or data folders that can be restored to save your progress in games, etc...so it might be a little hassle but far less of one than what you were having after installing an update without a factory reset.

<< Sent from my SG3 using Tapatalk >>

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts

I have a calendar sync issue after the second JB update. Im' now on 4.1.2 ELL4.
    I can't get the calendar to sync between my S3 (S Planner) and Google calendar. It worked flawlessly up till Jan 13th, but since than no sync. Suspect the latest update was installed on the 13th of Jan, but not sure. After updating to JB I performed a hard reset so I believe no 'leftovers' from ICS is causing this (volume up, home, power kind of reset)
    I have two different Gmail accounts/ profiles (work/ private) - neither of them sync Disk and Calendar.

The same two profiles syncs flawlessly to my Galaxt Tab 10.1 on ICS, so I suspect this is related to JB or S3 - or maybe both

Anyone else experiencing such problem? Any ideas on how to rectify?
    JoranG

I have had the stock Jelly Bean 4.1.2 from kies for 2 days (thanks T-Mobile UK for being so slow there) and have noticed that when I receive a call and the phone is in sleep and the screen is black I can hear it ringing but get no options on screen to answer for a couple of seconds before it comes on. Done a factory reset and nothing. Not noticed anyone else has this problem so maybe it's just my phone? Also I don't like that I cant use my volume keys on the side to turn it right down to no sound no vibration anymore, I have to use the power button. Not the worst thing but still annoying.

Have a Galaxy S3

Clock doesn't keep proper time and date. I am with Sprint and I've had the Galaxy S3 since it came on the market. I didn't experience this problem until the software updated to jellybean. I've called Sprint several times with this issue and the response is nil. I've done a hard reset, but to no avail. Sprint's tech support suggested that I do a network reset ##72 78 6# and that didn't work either. I've even tried taking it off the network sync just to see if the phone would keep time from the internal clock, and no luck. The time and the date will not keep, this disrupts the text message order also.

I don't think he was saying it was ridiculous that you didn't know but that the amount of problems that are solved with one are. I could be wrong tho lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Evo 4g lte users are also having issues with the jelly bean update. I so far have not updated mine because of all this update crap. It is frustrating many of us. I know with the evo, people are complaining about the screen going black when making calls and the proximity sensor being messed up.

Sent from my Evo 4g lte using tapatalk 2.

Instagram & EyeEm: kristenhull

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/kristennakasone

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Luvable View Post
    Clock doesn't keep proper time and date. I am with Sprint and I've had the Galaxy S3 since it came on the market. I didn't experience this problem until the software updated to jellybean. I've called Sprint several times with this issue and the response is nil. I've done a hard reset, but to no avail. Sprint's tech support suggested that I do a network reset ##72 78 6# and that didn't work either. I've even tried taking it off the network sync just to see if the phone would keep time from the internal clock, and no luck. The time and the date will not keep, this also disrupts the text message order also.
    For giggles, try turning on GPS and see if that helps.

Swyped from my SPH-L710

Quote Originally Posted by dcharleyultra View Post
    For giggles, try turning on GPS and see if that helps.

Swyped from my SPH-L710
    That's just it... the GPS on my phone is always on.

When you go into another app directly from another app, for example, the Task bar, and you long press hold home to get to app manager, the last app doesnt show. You have to press home and go to the home screen for you to long press home and access it via that way

Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    When you go into another app directly from another app, for example, the Task bar, and you long press hold home to get to app manager, the last app doesnt show. You have to press home and go to the home screen for you to long press home and access it via that way
    Why would this be an issue?

Swyped from my SPH-L710

Quote Originally Posted by dcharleyultra View Post
    Why would this be an issue?

Swyped from my SPH-L710
    because its annoying to go all the way to the homescreen to switch back to the last app you were using....instead of doing it directly from the app itself by long pressing home button

Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    because its annoying to go all the way to the homescreen to switch back to the last app you were using....instead of doing it directly from the app itself by long pressing home button
    I don't believe I'm experiencing this.

Edit: I just experienced what you are referring to. I see what you mean.

Swyped from my SPH-L710

I have the latest update, but this update added a half ball on the left side of my screen. This is very annoying and I cant find a way to remove is. It only shows me some icons I already have on my startscreen and more important, it blocks space when playing games.

Help?

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Bok View Post
    I have the latest update, but this update added a half ball on the left side of my screen. This is very annoying and I cant find a way to remove is. It only shows me some icons I already have on my startscreen and more important, it blocks space when playing games.

Help?
    Sounds like you got a 4.1.2 update with the premium suite. If so that will be normal from my understanding. Are you a Sprint because I didn't think they had pushed that update yet.

is there a fix to the media drain ? would pulling out the sd card before update solve this concern ? is there an eta on the next update ?

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Bok View Post
    Help?
    Can you post a screen shot?

Quote Originally Posted by phippsy84 View Post
    Sounds like you got a 4.1.2 update with the premium suite. If so that will be normal from my understanding. Are you a Sprint because I didn't think they had pushed that update yet.
    His profile says he's from Holland, so it's unlikely he's on Sprint. Even if he's visiting in the U.S.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast