Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
Like Tree26Likes

Default Re: Jelly Bean bugs/issues

Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    When you go into another app directly from another app, for example, the Task bar, and you long press hold home to get to app manager, the last app doesnt show. You have to press home and go to the home screen for you to long press home and access it via that way
    On mine, long pressing the home key shows the LAST app I was using, but not the current app. Which makes sense, since if you want to go the current app you're already there and don't need to press the home key at all. What a long press won't bring up are widgets. So if the previous "app" you used was a widget, it won't show up. But I've had no issues with true apps not showing up in the list.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    On mine, long pressing the home key shows the LAST app I was using, but not the current app. Which makes sense, since if you want to go the current app you're already there and don't need to press the home key at all. What a long press won't bring up are widgets. So if the previous "app" you used was a widget, it won't show up. But I've had no issues with true apps not showing up in the list.
    I thought the same as you until I went to the home screen and then long pressed the home key. One sees more apps.

Swyped from my SPH-L710

Your complaint was that it didn't show the LAST app. In my case, it most certainly does.

I just did a long press from within my email app. I see 15 "recent" apps listed. Went back to my home screen and did a long press. There are....1, 2, .......15 apps listed. I'm pretty sure they're the same ones.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

I've heard its mainly Google Now that's doing a good part of the battery drain
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyGTA View Post
    Worse battery life, a lot worse. Gotta see if it's a rogue app going crazy.

Liked what I did or helped you out? A simple "thanks" would be great!
    If you want me to reply to you in a quick fashion hit the "reply with quote" or send me a message so it can be done
    Samsung Intercept(retired), HTC Hero(retired), Motorola Atrix 2(game phone"let's see what new ROM I can put on this today"), Samsung Galaxy S3(main phone), Asus Nexus 7(better than my parents iPad)

I don't think that's accurate. I leave gNow active all the time, and it never appears on the list of apps using the most battery.

OK, again the phone auto-updated as I posted in this thread before, post #228:Jelly Bean bugs/issues and is causing phone to hang/reboot randomly.

Just to make sure I get this resolved correctly this time, my plan is:
    1. Backup apps/contacts/media/settings etc... with My Backup app (assuming it can go through without the phone rebooting). Save the backups onto a PC for safe keeping.
    2. Factory reset
    3. Immediately install all updates, including latest JB update
    4. Copy backup back to phone and restore apps/contacts/etc... with My Backup app.

Is this the correct way to fix or are there other recommendations? Thanks. Also, by restoring with My Backup there is no chance I'll be restoring the issue causing the reboots, right? It only restores data/apps not part of the android OS though, correct?

Anybody else have problem with loude speaker sound in calls with the nexus 4?
    Even though my "in call" volume is set to lowest point it hurts my ear almost every time i answer or make a call.
    But if i use my finger and move the volume to full, and then back to lowest point then the sound gets much lower!
    Next time its loud again even if its on lowest setting.

Nexus 4, android 4.2.2 (same problem in 4.2.1)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Alpejohn, this is a forum for the Samsung Galaxy S3. I don't think many of us know very much about the Nexus 4.

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Alpejohn, this is a forum for the Samsung Galaxy S3. I don't think many of us know very much about the Nexus 4.
    Oh sorry!! I used the tapatalk and didnt remember that this thread was for the s3

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I love my new Galaxy S3, but when it comes to music, I've had nothing but problems. First, when I tried to drag and drop music, a bunch of my files just didn't appear. So I used Windows Media Player to synchronize music instead. Same problem. I re-formatted my card and loaded some music, seemingly no problem. But last night when I loaded some newly acquired music, it would only play 2 or 3 seconds of every song, then skip to the next one. This morning, that artist doesn't even exist on my phone...... I had hoped that getting a new and fancy "smart phone" would eliminate my need to carry my ipod with me.... but apparently not.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by byeblackberry View Post
    Rooted for free tethering is stealing and you don't pay for it. PS: if you rob a bank do not post it in a forum.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    It's the providers that are stealing from us. Verizon just lost a lawsuit with the FCC. It basically said that Verizon cannot charge for data that you are already paying for in your plan. So If your ona new verizon plan, you should not be charged extra by using your phone as a hotspot/tethering.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011