Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Default Re: Jelly Bean bugs/issues

Quote Originally Posted by bdmridgback View Post
    Your paying for unlimited phone data, not unlimited hotspot data for your PC, tablet, TV, and friends that hang with you to tether off of. That us why it is extra. Sprint knows that you can only use so much data in a month with just your phone but making it a hotspot you could have up to 10 other things tethered off it using up to 10 times the data.

You don't pay for that! And when all these people abuse it and Sprint take it away, it won't be fair to us having to pay extra for "unlimited".

Sent from my Innovative Sprint JB'ed Galaxy S3
    Data is Data, there is no diff and its unlimited, no where in my contract does it define type of Data! A rose by any other name is still a rose.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Battery seemed to drain much quicker on 3G, but after letting it die and charging it back up it seems to be almost as good as it used to be. Wifi battery life is just as good as it's always been. Since updating to JB, the status bar is dark grey instead of black now. This probably shouldn't annoy me as much as it does but with many of my apps having either a black or holo theme, the lighter status bar up top is noticeable.

I've had my brightness go down when in car dock even though it's not on automatic. Weird. Happened twice.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

To solve most of the problems eveybody is having do a factory reset that should solve most of the problems either do it from the settings or what I found best is to do it through stock recovery

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw07 View Post
    To solve most of the problems eveybody is having do a factory reset that should solve most of the problems either do it from the settings or what I found best is to do it through stock recovery
    But who wants to lose all the data?

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
    Data is Data, there is no diff and its unlimited, no where in my contract does it define type of Data! A rose by any other name is still a rose.
    Except where your carrier explicitly forbids tethering unless you purchase a plan that includes it. No crying when rates go up or tiered data plans come to sprint!

Have you ever read your contract? It's right there!

Here's a link, read it and stop your yapping about "unlimited is unlimited" and "it's not in my contract"...

It's right at the top:

Examples of prohibited data uses: Sprint data services are provided solely for purposes of web surfing, sending and receiving email, photographs and other similar messaging activities, and the non-continuous streaming of videos, downloading of files or on line gaming. Our data services may not be used: (i) to generate excessive amounts of Internet traffic through the continuous, unattended streaming, downloading or uploading of videos or other files or to operate hosting services including, but not limited to, web or gaming hosting; (ii) to maintain continuous active network connections to the Internet such as through a web camera or machine-to-machine connections that do not involve active participation by a person; (iii) to disrupt email use by others using automated or manual routines, including, but not limited to "auto-responders" or cancel bots or other similar routines; (iv) to transmit or facilitate any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, telemarketing, promotional materials,"junk mail", unsolicited commercial or bulk email, or fax; (v) for activities adversely affecting the ability of other people or systems to use either Sprint's wireless services or other parties' Internet-based resources, including, but not limited to, "denial of service" (DoS) attacks against another network host or individual user; (vi) for an activity that connects any device to Personal Computers (including without limitation, laptops), or other equipment for the purpose of transmitting wireless dataover the network (unless customer is usinga plan designated for such usage); or (vi) for any other reason that, in our sole discretion violates our policy of providing service for individual use. Unlimited Use Plans. If you subscribe to rate plans, services or features that are described as unlimited, you should be aware that such "unlimited" plans are subject to these Sprint Prohibited Network Uses.
    Last edited by Mikey47; 10-28-2012 at 08:44 AM.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

ok, enough about this data crap! make another thread if you want to discuss it. back to the original topic!
    Thanked by 11:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

Quote Originally Posted by stas333 View Post
    anyone else with this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jelly Bean bugs/issues-nezuju2u.jpg  

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Not sure if this is isolated to my S3, but noticed after the update that when I open the app drawer it does not have the option to view hidden applications. I had several hidden before the update and then have tried to hide a few after the update and once i check them to hide and they are hidden it does not provide an option to unhide them in the menu. The only way to find them and open them is to go to the market and open them from there. I am missing something here?

ROM
    Stockness

I noticed on mine.... Wi-fi will be on and if I turn it of then Allcast flips on. Then if I turn Allcast off, WI-FI TURNS BACK ON! WTF!!

Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    Not sure if this is isolated to my S3, but noticed after the update that when I open the app drawer it does not have the option to view hidden applications. I had several hidden before the update and then have tried to hide a few after the update and once i check them to hide and they are hidden it does not provide an option to unhide them in the menu. The only way to find them and open them is to go to the market and open them from there. I am missing something here?
    The "Show Hidden Apps" is below the "Hide Applications tab which is off the screen and you have to scroll down to get it. It is still there and works on mine since updated.

Thanked by:
    ttkk1 

Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    I noticed on mine.... Wi-fi will be on and if I turn it of then Allcast flips on. Then if I turn Allcast off, WI-FI TURNS BACK ON! WTF!!

Mine works fine. Nothing turns on or off when toggleing the other. Must be a bug in your update. Try reset.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Ok, I feel Iike and fool, I did not even think to try scrolling. Its there just as you describe. Thanks my friend you saved me from a potential hard reset.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

I can't set my vibration settings the same way anymore. If I lower the vibration all the way down on a sound profile, then set my phone to vibrate the vibration setting remains off. If I raise it up, it's still on when I turn the sound on.

Also, when I receive a text my lock screen stays on. I woke up to my screen on after having received a text over an hour ago. My screen timeout in the display settings is set to 30 seconds.
    Last edited by bp240; 10-28-2012 at 10:30 AM.

A couple of things I have noticed:

Voicemail widget is missing.
    Folders on the home screen no longer close automatically after launching an app.

ROM
    Hydro Rom V1.0

Ive had random phone resets since the update. So far not all that impressed.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Hi,

Got JB on my international S3, Nordic version (NEE, XXDLID). Factory Reset after update.

Havent had any spescial faults exept that the sound/vibration management is pretty lame! (More about that later in my post)

My discovery:
    When turning the phone on silent (without vibration), someone calls me and the phone is quiet. If i get a sms the sound is on in lowest volume. Same happends if its on "vibrate" mode.
    When i adjust the volume, and press the settings button so i can see all the volume rockers, and then manually adjust the ringer volume to zero, the ringer volum logo, notification logo and system logo gets the "no sound but vibration" logo, and the ringer volume and media volume goes to zero but notification volume stays where it was.

As you see here:
    Jelly Bean bugs/issues-2012-10-28-21.07.29.png

Jelly Bean bugs/issues-2012-10-28-21.07.28.png

As you can see, it doesnt adjust the notification volume, even when you choose silent mode in the norification bar.

And back to the vibration control:
    At night, i used to turn off vibration as the phone makes alot of noice laying on my night stand, so no vibration and just lowest sound volume.
    I used Volume Ace as a profile manager, so that was easy to change between all the different settings. Now, i can only choose vibrate on ringer sound in Volume Ace, after upgrading to JB.

But if i now want to turn off vibration, i first have to go to settings, sound, and turn of "sound and vibration" here, then i have to go into settings for message app and turn off sound and vibration, then i have to into settings for each email account and turn off vibration.
    Why on earth(!) have they placed the vibration settings like this? Its so stupid i cant even tell by words! Why cant they have ONE setting that deaktivate vibration for ALL those things as it was on my S2!

Now i end up turning of vibration on everything because i dont bother turning it back on as its a 10 minute job! So what do i need vibration on my super S3 for? I dont know, its just stupid.. And it pisses me off!

Hope they gonna fix this!

Low battery life! Not even 8 hours in wifi today.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jelly Bean bugs/issues-uploadfromtaptalk1351462775629.jpg  

Alpejohn....

Try holding the power button and use silent mode or vibration in the power menu.

Quote Originally Posted by byeblackberry View Post
    Battery life has not changed for me. Still great!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Me Either.... And I'm on my phone a lot doing things

Gs3

Global Posts
    804 Global Posts

Something seems to be up with sound settings, that or I just don't understand them, because I'm not getting sound from go sms's private box..and some other things aren't making noise when they should be...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Ok, I'm not sure if this is just my device but is anyone getting a slightly washed out lock screen?? I use really deep black wallpapers and the one i'm using now looks greyish instead of the nice deep black its suppose to be. I've restarted my phone, soft and hard, turned off certain apps, looked at running processes and checked most, if not, all settings and can't seem to figure it out! I'm also seeing the battery drain that people seem to be talking about. I'm losing about 1% every 5 to 10 minutes on idle! Let me know what you guys know, if anything! Will keep you all posted!

Mikey, it's really not your job to enforce Sprint's TOS. And I seriously doubt anything you post here is going to change anyone's mind. Let it rest.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    Ok, I'm not sure if this is just my device but is anyone getting a slightly washed out lock screen?? I use really deep black wallpapers and the one i'm using now looks greyish instead of the nice deep black its suppose to be. I've restarted my phone, soft and hard, turned off certain apps, looked at running processes and checked most, if not, all settings and can't seem to figure it out! I'm also seeing the battery drain that people seem to be talking about. I'm losing about 1% every 5 to 10 minutes on idle! Let me know what you guys know, if anything! Will keep you all posted!
    You have the water touch "ripple" effect turned on over top of whatever lock screen wallpaper you have. It will give it a real washed out effect.

The "Color" option in the Browser has been replaced with "Brightness" that dictates how bright EVERYTHING is, browser and not. Whereas Color just affected the Browser. So now i have to be switching back and forth all the time. Which is a drag.

The Data/Network indicator on the Notification Bar no longer shows when Bar is pulled down. HUGE pain, for me.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast