Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Default Re: Jelly Bean bugs/issues

Quote Originally Posted by bdmridgback View Post
    You have the water touch "ripple" effect turned on over top of whatever lock screen wallpaper you have. It will give it a real washed out effect.

Sent from my Innovative Sprint JB'ed Galaxy S3
    Yes I do but it never looked as washed out on ICS as it does with JB now. Not a big deal though. Other than this and the battery drain which is next on my fix list, JB seems to be running fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Jao Ozaki View Post
    The "Color" option in the Browser has been replaced with "Brightness" that dictates how bright EVERYTHING is, browser and not. Whereas Color just affected the Browser. So now i have to be switching back and forth all the time. Which is a drag.

The Data/Network indicator on the Notification Bar no longer shows when Bar is pulled down. HUGE pain, for me.
    From the app drawer, i can no longer LongPress an app and Drag it to AppInfo to see details. This was very handy.

What a paining drag.

Bejeweled 2 is bonked on JB. May have more to do with flash as I think it's a flash based game but not sure.
    Sometimes you are the ball. Sometimes you are the pins.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #54  

Quote Originally Posted by EVO_girl View Post
    Something seems to be up with sound settings, that or I just don't understand them, because I'm not getting sound from go sms's private box..and some other things aren't making noise when they should be...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    i get that with hotmail app sometimes. and it doesnt vibrate anymore.

So figure out it has something to do with the ext sd card. I'm not sure why but i do have the camera save to SD card. I wonder if this keeps the phone awake.

LG G2 Verizon LTE
    Nexus 4 ST TMO
    Galaxy S 3 Sprint LTE [ Retired ]
    Galaxy Tab 10.1 4G Verizon LTE [ Retired ]
    Nexus S 4G [ Retired ]
    Xoom Tablet 3.0 Honeycomb [ Retired ]
    HTC Evo 2.3.3| [ Retired ]
    Palm Pre [ Retired ]

Quote Originally Posted by warriorman616 View Post
    My battery life has decreased a little but I also notice my phone is getting hot to the touch within a minute or two of using it, whatever is causing that could be killing my battery but I have no clue why it is so hot, it is actually burning my hand down by the home button.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Right after updating I noticed my phone heating up. I pulled the battery, restarted my phone, then backed up my sd card and formated the sd card using the phone settings. I then restored the data to my sd card and restarted by phone. Since then everything is great. Battery is as good or better than before. I hope this helps.
    Thanked by 2:

I am having an issue with Google Maps eating up a lot of my battery, since the update. I keep force stopping it but that doesn't help

Turn off goggle now! You should then return to normal battery life.

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

I got this too. Showing media chewing up a big chunk of battery without ever using media. Not sure if google maps shows under this category, but someone said to check the google maps auto update my location. That was turned back on so I turned it off. Lately I've seen the "Gallery" chewing up big chunks of my battery, also with no use. Anyone seen this one and gallery using big chunks of battery?

Quote Originally Posted by clavodulce16 View Post
    IS there anyone else having this issue, MEDIA application is keeping my phone awake for way too long, killing my battery.

Minor: When I plug in my earphones, the icon does not show up in the notification bar. Not really a big deal for me because they work and I know can SEE that they're plugged in.

Otherwise, running great with no noticeable difference in battery consumption.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qbngator View Post
    Minor: When I plug in my earphones, the icon does not show up in the notification bar. Not really a big deal for me because they work and I know can SEE that they're plugged in.

Same here with mine but when using the stock music player for some reason a song out of the blue will play through the phones speaker and not my headphones. If I skip to another song it switches back. That is the only issue I have had so far.

Something new...

Instead of the rubberband effect when you reach the top/bottom/sides of page, there is now no bounce, and there is a blue "haze" that appears to let you know you've reached the end of the page.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qbngator View Post

Check - Settings -> Accessory -> Audio Applications. Checking the box should fix that for you.
    Thanked by 2:
    davem2421 likes this.

Have to agree with the others and say it's just little things. That Sprint WIFI thing reactivated so I had to uncheck it, that was eating some of my battery. The clock on the top right seems a bit dimmer. Some of the setting menus have changed, which I need to explore a bit more. I was a bit disaapointed I didn't see any new wallpapers or ringtones (not a fan of the stock ringtones).

But despite some of the small issues I really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by rick490 View Post
    Right after updating I noticed my phone heating up. I pulled the battery, restarted my phone, then backed up my sd card and formated the sd card using the phone settings. I then restored the data to my sd card and restarted by phone. Since then everything is great. Battery is as good or better than before. I hope this helps.
    My phone is heating up more after the upgrade as well. Only issue I have run across, everything else is great. I was going to try a factory reset tonight, but maybe I will try your trick first instead. Thanks.

I don't think this is a JB issue but does anyone know why apps will stay stuck on download in the google play store??

**EDIT** Nevemind, just needed a restart after I did a factory reset.
    Last edited by GrooveRite; 10-29-2012 at 06:24 PM.

Since upgrading to JellyBean on my Samsung Galaxy S3 I cant remove any homescreens. It just hangs when I try drag one to trash with a "touchwiz" error message which you need to "ok". Please fix ASAP as I got 2 unused screens I want to remove.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  

Quote Originally Posted by shembreakey View Post
    Since upgrading to JellyBean on my Samsung Galaxy S3 I cant remove any homescreens. It just hangs when I try drag one to trash with a "touchwiz" error message which you need to "ok". Please fix ASAP as I got 2 unused screens I want to remove.
    i had the same problem. do a full factory reset. one the phone is up and running, the first thing you do it remove whatever screens you dont want.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #69  

does anyone get a message when shutting off mobile data that you wont be able to use youtube and such? how do i turn that off?

Well, since JB update battery is going fast. After a week, I did a factory reset and. Got everything all set back up and battery still drains twice as fast as before update...

For example from today, 3 hours on wifi even...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jelly Bean bugs/issues-uploadfromtaptalk1351612317900.jpg  

Global Posts
    804 Global Posts

I am having an issue that I wonder if anyone else is having/can recreate.
    When I return home and connect to my home wifi - I can make a phone call, but the recipient can't hear me and I can't hear the call being initiated or any ringing. This is corrected if I reboot the phone or if an INCOMING call comes in. Before the JB update, I would have the same issue, except there would be a HORRIBLY loud screeching sound while the call dialed. I just noticed it's better on JB but it's totally silent instead of the noise. I can't decide if this is a router issue or phone, or the wifi "connecting" - anyone able to help me diagnose this?

After update I'm having the same spacing issue with Swype. also noticed that I'm not getting the first word capitalized at the beginning of a sentence.

Anyone else having a problem with stock internet browser, when on a page and trying to scroll up, it intermittently wants to zoom in the page. I'm scrolling with just my thumb so it's not a pinch to zoom

Global Posts
    804 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dafoot2 View Post
    After update I'm having the same spacing issue with Swype. also noticed that I'm not getting the first word capitalized at the beginning of a sentence.

Anyone else having a problem with stock internet browser, when on a page and trying to scroll up, it intermittently wants to zoom in the page. I'm scrolling with just my thumb so it's not a pinch to zoom
    Scoot your thumb over a little - the zooming is a new feature. You can zoom in and out by slipping your finger up and down the side of the browser.
    Thanked by:
    warriorman616 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmridgback View Post
    Well, since JB update battery is going fast. After a week, I did a factory reset and. Got everything all set back up and battery still drains twice as fast as before update...

For example from today, 3 hours on wifi even...

And after not hardly touching my phone here is results at 3:30 pm...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jelly Bean bugs/issues-uploadfromtaptalk1351625126636.jpg  
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #75  

I just disabled Google now with all of its features (location reporting, search history and all)
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast