Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts

Default Re: Jelly Bean bugs/issues

Quote Originally Posted by phone-a-holic View Post
    Still a no go after a hard reset and force stop. Geez
    You've done a hard reset and that didn't fix it?? Do you have all of your credentials set up correctly?? If you're using Comcast, do you have the SMTP server info set up properly?

<< Sent from my SG3 using Tapatalk >>

Random reboots. Handcent sometimes causes the reboots.

Sent from my SGS3!

Quote Originally Posted by EVO_girl View Post
    Have you factory reset those phones?
    You know that's what's going to be recommended, right?

Yes I hard reader my phone. Seems to be Google Now sucking the life out of my phone. Battery much better after turning off Google Now.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #104  

Quote Originally Posted by bdmridgback View Post
    Yes I hard reader my phone. Seems to be Google Now sucking the life out of my phone. Battery much better after turning off Google Now.

thats what i did initially, but then i missed the voice commands, so now i turned it back on but turned off most of the options in google now.

ROM
    Apex Launcher Pro

Not sure if this is a proble with google, or a bug in Jelly Bean, but the web search function in Google Now has entirely stopped working for me. Voice and typed searches...nothing. Questions that Google Now can answer still work, like asking the weather, but anything that would default in a web search just sits there with the circular loading icon by the search bar. Pretty frustrating.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ubigred View Post
    Random reboots. Handcent sometimes causes the reboots.

Sent from my SGS3!
    i've also been getting random reboots...so far appbrain and skyscape have caused them

Quote Originally Posted by bdmridgback View Post
    I was just informed that for the last couple days since I updated, that nobody can call me from a landline phone!

My wife's phone or mine won't receive calls.

I just saw your post and noticed the same with my phone. I then did an "Update PRL" followed by an "Update Profle" and my phone is now recieving messages from land lines and mobile phone. Try that and see if it helps.
    Sprint Galaxy S5 - White - Android 4.4.2
    Sprint Galaxy S4 - White - Android 4.4.2 (backup)
    LG G3 - on hold for the next 6 mons (10/28/14)
    Google Nexus 7 2013 - Android 4.4.2
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 - Android 4.4.2
    Asus TF700T - CROMbi-KK - Latest ROM
    Samsung Gear 2 Neo

Yes. I called Sprint and they sent a reset. I pulled battery and calls are now coming like they ate supposed to. I had done a update PRL and Profile and it hadn't fixed it so sprint reset something and that did it.

Quote Originally Posted by kbboykin View Post
    I just saw your post and noticed the same with my phone. I then did an "Update PRL" followed by an "Update Profle" and my phone is now recieving messages from land lines and mobile phone. Try that and see if it helps.
    i never had that issue

Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    I have Jelly Bean, I updated manually via SD card.

The one issue I've spotted so far involves using "Google voice typing."

When I select it using the microphone icon in SwiftKey or via the notification bar's "Choose input method," nothing happens.

Nothing.

The microphone appears with a circle around it but no red glow and no voice inputs are recognized.

It's worked a handful of times, but it usually doesn't work at all.
    I found this http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=35737

Says if Bluetooth is on, voice typing won't work. It's also the reason why Google Now endlessly says "Initializing" when I'm on Bluetooth.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Samsung Galaxy S3 - Samsung Epic 4G - Palm Pre - Motorola Q - PCD XV6700/PPC-6700 - Hitachi SH-P300 - Sony Ericsson T608 - Samsung SPH-N200

I found this Issue 35737 - android - Google Voice Search stuck on "Initializing" - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

Says if Bluetooth is on, voice typing won't work. It's also the reason why Google Now endlessly says "Initializing" when I'm on Bluetooth.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I am typing this right now with my voice and having bluetooth on

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    keep in mind that my bluetooth was just on but not connected to my earpiece

Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

keep in mind that my bluetooth was just on but not connected to my earpiece
    It works with Bluetooth on, but not if a headset is actually connected. My bad.

Samsung Galaxy S3 - Samsung Epic 4G - Palm Pre - Motorola Q - PCD XV6700/PPC-6700 - Hitachi SH-P300 - Sony Ericsson T608 - Samsung SPH-N200

Google Now gets stuck and says "Initializing" and "Google voice typing" does not work when a device is CONNECTED via Bluetooth. Both work if Bluetooth is on, but a device is not connected.

Google Now gets stuck and says "Initializing" and "Google voice typing" does not work when a device is CONNECTED via Bluetooth. Both work if Bluetooth is on, but a device is not connected.

I thought a hard reset would fix this problem so I did that. Now I've lost Adobe Flash. Was working with JB before, but now I can't even download the app.

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts

I thought a hard reset would fix this problem so I did that. Now I've lost Adobe Flash. Was working with JB before, but now I can't even download the app.

Google it. The flash apk for ICS is out there on Adobe's website... archives...

Thanked by:
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by EVO_girl View Post
    Google it. The flash apk for ICS is out there on Adobe's website... archives...

Here is the flash apk...

Ask and receive...

http://db.tt/6ubcsEcZAdobe Flash
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by 2:
    ihbsbA likes this.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

Nothing big but very annoying to me. Before the update, when my phone went to sleep and I pushed the home button, my phone would wake up at wherever or whatever I was doing. Now whenever it goes to sleep and I press the home button to wake it up, it will take you to the home screen instead of picking up where u left off.

Quote Originally Posted by ksjmh13 View Post
    Nothing big but very annoying to me. Before the update, when my phone went to sleep and I pushed the home button, my phone would wake up at wherever or whatever I was doing. Now whenever it goes to sleep and I press the home button to wake it up, it will take you to the home screen instead of picking up where u left off.
    This annoys me as well... :-(
    I will learn to love my Android devices! Long live webOS!
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #119  

Google now turned on but mist of the notifications in it are turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by ksjmh13 View Post
    What task are you doing that makes this happen? I just opened my browser and let my phone go to sleep and when I pressed the home button it went back to displaying the browser page I was looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by Equinsu ocha View Post
    What task are you doing that makes this happen? I just opened my browser and let my phone go to sleep and when I pressed the home button it went back to displaying the browser page I was looking at.
    Anything. gReader, eMail, browser, Facebook... any app. App is in the foreground, screen blanks out, home button pressed, screen comes back on and app disappears bringing up the home screens. Power button tab just wakes the screen up. Home button used to just wake it up too, but now goes to home pages
    I will learn to love my Android devices! Long live webOS!

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Equinsu ocha View Post
    Yep just what Insane said. Every single time I wake it up with the home button it will take me back to the home screen. I have to use the power button to wake it up to pick up where I left off.

Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    Anything. gReader, eMail, browser, Facebook... any app. App is in the foreground, screen blanks out, home button pressed, screen comes back on and app disappears bringing up the home screens. Power button tab just wakes the screen up. Home button used to just wake it up too, but now goes to home pages
    I don't use FB so I can't try that, however, I randomly selected a few apps (yahoo mail, file explorer, just to name two of the few) I have installed and could not reproduce your problem. I'm not saying your phone isn't having the problem, just that my phone is not doing it.

ROM
    Stock for now

I saw some posts earlier in this thread and I wanted to comment on some of the issues people are having with battery life (myself included). My usual investigating self spent a lot of time looking at the apps/processes that seemed to becausing me trouble. The issue my phone was having is that it over 90% of the time it wasn't getting to deep sleep and it spent about 75% of its time in 384 MHz. My GSam Battery Monitor was returning a very high percentage on the Kernel and the phone seemed to get hotter than it used to while running certain apps. After some additional digging it looked like one of the things that would keep triggering the kworker wakelock (by far my most prevelant issue) was certain accounts syncing. While I didn't expect it to be GMail, I saw where someone disabled the sync on their Samsung Account, and the problem seemed to be fixed. When I went to do this there was a red flag that said "Sync Error" I disabled all the syncs and my phone seems to be going into deep sleep. I'm hoping this helps going forward and it certainly makes sense that it would enter a "sync loop" and drain battery. I only have the account as I was trying to use it to back up some settings and such, but will just use Google going forward.

Hopefully this helps guys!
    Jeff
    Galaxy S3, Epic 4G Touch, Photon, Evo, Pre, Pixi, Moto Q, BB Curve, PPC-6700
    Addicted to cell phones since 1998

My friend just upgraded, Gmail is the biggest issue, it works fine hitting back and going to each message individually, but if you try to slide from left to right through the emails it just gets hung up and spins trying to load the next email.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast