Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts

Default Re: Jelly Bean bugs/issues

Quote Originally Posted by ksjmh13 View Post
    Yep just what Insane said. Every single time I wake it up with the home button it will take me back to the home screen. I have to use the power button to wake it up to pick up where I left off.
    I'm not having this problem... are you on touch whiz? I'm using Nova launcher...

<< Sent from my SG3 using Tapatalk >>

Quote Originally Posted by EVO_girl View Post
    I'm not having this problem... are you on touch whiz? I'm using Nova launcher...

Yep. This is definitely a TouchWiz change in JB. :-(
    I will learn to love my Android devices! Long live webOS!

Global Posts
    1,859 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Battery life sucks balls. I think it's the modem though. Flashing an old one tomorrow.

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts

Good luck with that...I've flashed LIH and LI3 and seemed to have no improvement... I'd like to know your results.

so i got my notification this morning for JB and i am wondering if i should do it since i have been reading all the things with it....

You've done a hard reset and that didn't fix it?? Do you have all of your credentials set up correctly?? If you're using Comcast, do you have the SMTP server info set up properly?

Finally got it to work. The sync wasn't turned.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

Yeah, I tried a different launcher but still the same thing. Just hope they send a fix soon.

Nothing big but very annoying to me. Before the update, when my phone went to sleep and I pushed the home button, my phone would wake up at wherever or whatever I was doing. Now whenever it goes to sleep and I press the home button to wake it up, it will take you to the home screen instead of picking up where u left off.
    my phone does the same thing. I hope this gets fixed asap.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #134  

Quote Originally Posted by ivan14 View Post
    my phone does the same thing. I hope this gets fixed asap.
    Not mine. After sleep my phone picks up where I left.

I have gs3 with sprint stock jb and have no issues with the home button. It goes back to where I left off on wake up.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

I noticed the same behavior with the folders.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

draw something is completely messed up
    just a black screen with random grey boxes
    -_-
    (yes i still play it)

Global Posts
    716 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
    I pay for every bit of data(unlimited) I use dude, I'm not stealing anything and as for feeling sorry for me, don't it may keep you from walking on water
    There is one element to this that you may not be thinking of in your argument. While you may be paying for data usage, there is the factor of "how much data can you consume in a given period of time". You may not think about it, but PEAK bandwidth usage is a critical element when it comes to network engineering, where SPIKES in data usage up to the maximum capacity of any given cell phone tower are what cause those "my network connection suddenly is not working" issues. Now, while you can try to argue that every cell phone tower SHOULD be able to handle every user going at maximum capacity, the cost to allow for that is prohibitively high. So, that is NOT what carriers aim for.

So, how much data can an individual phone or device consume by itself, without trying to max out the data connection of your phone? This assumes you are NOT trying to download DVD images all day long from your phone. Browsing, or getting an app here and there, with some spikes will generally not max out your connection for very long, and THAT is the sort of usage carriers expect. Going beyond that as a sustained bit of usage DOES mark you as abusing unlimited data, and if too many people are viewed as abusing, that feeds the argument that unlimited data SHOULD go away.

So, it may not be "stealing", but it is a bit abusive of network resources, and since it encourages the end of generous data plans, makes you someone other people with a more reasonable use of data dislike. If unlimited data goes away, you will be one of the people other users will blame, and they would be justified in placing blame on YOU, and others like you.
    Thanked by:
    rjw likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stas333 View Post
    Not mine. After sleep my phone picks up where I left.
    i found out that it only happens when the lockscreen is disabled. When it is enabled, there is no problem. Could you disable your lockscreen and tell me if waking up your phone goes back to the last app you used?

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ivan14 View Post
    i found out that it only happens when the lockscreen is disabled. When it is enabled, there is no problem. Could you disable your lockscreen and tell me if waking up your phone goes back to the last app you used?
    Yep u r right. I have my lock screen set to lock after 2 minutes so I never let it set long enough to lock. But its still annoying and needs to be fixed.

I've had to pull the battery twice on the phone since installing JB when using yelp. The phone locks up and is unresponsive. Anyone else had this issue?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Did they get rid of the option to add a phone number to the Rejected Calling List by long pressing on a phone number? I used to do this to spam phone calls through the call log. You can manually enter it but that's a pain.

Enabled 'open via the home key' in s voice setting which will allow us to open s voice by double tapping on home screen. At least it works for me...

Enabled 'open via the home key' in s voice setting which will allow us to open s voice by double tapping on home screen. At least it works for me...

- - - Updated - - -

Yep u r right. I have my lock screen set to lock after 2 minutes so I never let it set long enough to lock. But its still annoying and needs to be fixed.

Heres what Ive noticed that I dont like in Jellybean.

My screen is set to timeout after 1 minute. I used to be able to push the home button to wake up the phone and still remain in whatever app I had open. Now it takes me to my home screen.

I have haptic feedback where I never used to. Specifically, when I long hold an app to move it and when I dismiss my timer going off in the clock app.

I cannot get Google Now to open with a swipe up, down or any direction.

Quote Originally Posted by thecorrigan44 View Post
    Heres what Ive noticed that I dont like in Jellybean.

My screen is set to timeout after 1 minute. I used to be able to push the home button to wake up the phone and still remain in whatever app I had open. Now it takes me to my home screen.

Mine goes back to homescreen to, not where I was before it went to sleep. Hope someone comes up with a "fix" for this!
    I have haptic feedback where I never used to. Specifically, when I long hold an app to move it and when I dismiss my timer going off in the clock app.

I cannot get Google Now to open with a swipe up, down or any direction.

Mine goes back to home screen too. Hope someone can come up with a "fix" for this, soon!
    Live every day like it is your last...because it COULD be!

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyPhone View Post
    Mine goes back to home screen too. Hope someone can come up with a "fix" for this, soon!
    It works in Nova launcher....

Quote Originally Posted by Equinsu ocha View Post
    I don't use FB so I can't try that, however, I randomly selected a few apps (yahoo mail, file explorer, just to name two of the few) I have installed and could not reproduce your problem. I'm not saying your phone isn't having the problem, just that my phone is not doing it.
    I didn't notice this before, but I let my screen timeout and you are right...the app which was open disappears. But I've found, by doing this several times that it's inconsistent. Sometimes the app will be open when using the home button, other times it won't. What's even more annoying is that if the app was opened from a folder, the folder does remain open, but not the app. I too would prefer the home button, rather than the power button, allow me to pick up where I left off consistently. I find it a bit difficult to use that side button anyway because of the case protector on my phone.
    Other IssuesAnother issue I'm noticing since the update is horrible scrolling. I thought there was supposed to be improvements to make scrolling smoother. My home screens jerk and when on an app, there is such a disconnect between what my finger is doing and what the phone actually picks up. It's really a pain.

I've also noticed random times where I open up an app and just kicked out of it. It just closes by itself for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by bart001 View Post
    Did they get rid of the option to add a phone number to the Rejected Calling List by long pressing on a phone number? I used to do this to spam phone calls through the call log. You can manually enter it but that's a pain.
    Ha, I recently had to use this and was baffled when I couldn't find it as well. I thought before you could block someone right from the contact page (or was that on the Evo?). But, I couldn't find anything quicker than the following method.

Go to Phone app, pull up menu for 'Call Settings'. Select 'Call Rejection', then 'Auto Reject List' which allows you to manage the numbers which you want added (or removed) from your reject list.

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jerseygirl View Post
    I didn't notice this before, but I let my screen timeout and you are right...the app which was open disappears. But I've found, by doing this several times that it's inconsistent. Sometimes the app will be open when using the home button, other times it won't. What's even more annoying is that if the app was opened from a folder, the folder does remain open, but not the app. I too would prefer the home button, rather than the power button, allow me to pick up where I left off consistently. I find it a bit difficult to use that side button anyway because of the case protector on my phone.
    Other IssuesAnother issue I'm noticing since the update is horrible scrolling. I thought there was supposed to be improvements to make scrolling smoother. My home screens jerk and when on an app, there is such a disconnect between what my finger is doing and what the phone actually picks up. It's really a pain.

I've also noticed random times where I open up an app and just kicked out of it. It just closes by itself for no reason.
    "Other issues" are all things that a hard reset will fix.....

>
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast