Jelly Bean bugs/issues

warriorman616

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
My battery life has decreased a little but I also notice my phone is getting hot to the touch within a minute or two of using it, whatever is causing that could be killing my battery but I have no clue why it is so hot, it is actually burning my hand down by the home button.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
It's an unnecessary fee. You're already paying for all the data. It's like paying for the air you breathe.

Your paying for unlimited phone data, not unlimited hotspot data for your PC, tablet, TV, and friends that hang with you to tether off of. That us why it is extra. Sprint knows that you can only use so much data in a month with just your phone but making it a hotspot you could have up to 10 other things tethered off it using up to 10 times the data.

You don't pay for that! And when all these people abuse it and Sprint take it away, it won't be fair to us having to pay extra for "unlimited".

Sent from my Innovative Sprint JB'ed Galaxy S3

Click This

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Your paying for unlimited phone data, not unlimited hotspot data for your PC, tablet, TV, and friends that hang with you to tether off of. That us why it is extra. Sprint knows that you can only use so much data in a month with just your phone but making it a hotspot you could have up to 10 other things tethered off it using up to 10 times the data.

You don't pay for that! And when all these people abuse it and Sprint take it away, it won't be fair to us having to pay extra for "unlimited".

I can fire up a Bittorent app on my phone and download tens of gigabytes of videos onto my phone, which would be ten times more than just say, viewing Yahoo News on my laptop. It's a moot point.

mc_gusto

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
When I do a search I can't complete and add to it by pressing the "arrow" button on the right of a suggestion and keep typing to add to it. Just gives suggestions.

Deputy Dog

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site

Data is Data, there is no diff and its unlimited, no where in my contract does it define type of Data! A rose by any other name is still a rose.

bp240

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
Battery seemed to drain much quicker on 3G, but after letting it die and charging it back up it seems to be almost as good as it used to be. Wifi battery life is just as good as it's always been. Since updating to JB, the status bar is dark grey instead of black now. This probably shouldn't annoy me as much as it does but with many of my apps having either a black or holo theme, the lighter status bar up top is noticeable.

mc_gusto

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I've had my brightness go down when in car dock even though it's not on automatic. Weird. Happened twice.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

outlaw07

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
To solve most of the problems eveybody is having do a factory reset that should solve most of the problems either do it from the settings or what I found best is to do it through stock recovery

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Data is Data, there is no diff and its unlimited, no where in my contract does it define type of Data! A rose by any other name is still a rose.

Except where your carrier explicitly forbids tethering unless you purchase a plan that includes it. No crying when rates go up or tiered data plans come to sprint!

Have you ever read your contract? It's right there!

Here's a link, read it and stop your yapping about "unlimited is unlimited" and "it's not in my contract"...

https://shop2.sprint.com/en/legal/os_general_terms_conditions_popup.shtml

It's right at the top:

Examples of prohibited data uses: Sprint data services are provided solely for purposes of web surfing, sending and receiving email, photographs and other similar messaging activities, and the non-continuous streaming of videos, downloading of files or on line gaming. Our data services may not be used: (i) to generate excessive amounts of Internet traffic through the continuous, unattended streaming, downloading or uploading of videos or other files or to operate hosting services including, but not limited to, web or gaming hosting; (ii) to maintain continuous active network connections to the Internet such as through a web camera or machine-to-machine connections that do not involve active participation by a person; (iii) to disrupt email use by others using automated or manual routines, including, but not limited to "auto-responders" or cancel bots or other similar routines; (iv) to transmit or facilitate any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, telemarketing, promotional materials,"junk mail", unsolicited commercial or bulk email, or fax; (v) for activities adversely affecting the ability of other people or systems to use either Sprint's wireless services or other parties' Internet-based resources, including, but not limited to, "denial of service" (DoS) attacks against another network host or individual user; (vi) for an activity that connects any device to Personal Computers (including without limitation, laptops), or other equipment for the purpose of transmitting wireless dataover the network (unless customer is usinga plan designated for such usage); or (vi) for any other reason that, in our sole discretion violates our policy of providing service for individual use. Unlimited Use Plans. If you subscribe to rate plans, services or features that are described as unlimited, you should be aware that such "unlimited" plans are subject to these Sprint Prohibited Network Uses.

Last edited:

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
nezuju2u.jpg

anyone else with this?

Attachments

• nezuju2u.jpg
    nezuju2u.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 136

ttkk1

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this is isolated to my S3, but noticed after the update that when I open the app drawer it does not have the option to view hidden applications. I had several hidden before the update and then have tried to hide a few after the update and once i check them to hide and they are hidden it does not provide an option to unhide them in the menu. The only way to find them and open them is to go to the market and open them from there. I am missing something here?

jtskier11

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I noticed on mine.... Wi-fi will be on and if I turn it of then Allcast flips on. Then if I turn Allcast off, WI-FI TURNS BACK ON! WTF!!

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this is isolated to my S3, but noticed after the update that when I open the app drawer it does not have the option to view hidden applications. I had several hidden before the update and then have tried to hide a few after the update and once i check them to hide and they are hidden it does not provide an option to unhide them in the menu. The only way to find them and open them is to go to the market and open them from there. I am missing something here?

The "Show Hidden Apps" is below the "Hide Applications tab which is off the screen and you have to scroll down to get it. It is still there and works on mine since updated.

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I noticed on mine.... Wi-fi will be on and if I turn it of then Allcast flips on. Then if I turn Allcast off, WI-FI TURNS BACK ON! WTF!!

Mine works fine. Nothing turns on or off when toggleing the other. Must be a bug in your update. Try reset.

ttkk1

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I feel Iike and fool, I did not even think to try scrolling. Its there just as you describe. Thanks my friend you saved me from a potential hard reset.

bp240

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
I can't set my vibration settings the same way anymore. If I lower the vibration all the way down on a sound profile, then set my phone to vibrate the vibration setting remains off. If I raise it up, it's still on when I turn the sound on.

Also, when I receive a text my lock screen stays on. I woke up to my screen on after having received a text over an hour ago. My screen timeout in the display settings is set to 30 seconds.

Last edited:

Paterick

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
A couple of things I have noticed:

Voicemail widget is missing.
Folders on the home screen no longer close automatically after launching an app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles