Jelly Bean bugs/issues

mitsueks

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Minor: When I plug in my earphones, the icon does not show up in the notification bar. Not really a big deal for me because they work and I know can SEE that they're plugged in.

Otherwise, running great with no noticeable difference in battery consumption.

Same here with mine but when using the stock music player for some reason a song out of the blue will play through the phones speaker and not my headphones. If I skip to another song it switches back. That is the only issue I have had so far.

qbngator

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Something new...

Instead of the rubberband effect when you reach the top/bottom/sides of page, there is now no bounce, and there is a blue "haze" that appears to let you know you've reached the end of the page.

dames117

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Minor: When I plug in my earphones, the icon does not show up in the notification bar. Not really a big deal for me because they work and I know can SEE that they're plugged in.

Otherwise, running great with no noticeable difference in battery consumption.

Check - Settings -> Accessory -> Audio Applications. Checking the box should fix that for you.

bearballz72

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Have to agree with the others and say it's just little things. That Sprint WIFI thing reactivated so I had to uncheck it, that was eating some of my battery. The clock on the top right seems a bit dimmer. Some of the setting menus have changed, which I need to explore a bit more. I was a bit disaapointed I didn't see any new wallpapers or ringtones (not a fan of the stock ringtones).

But despite some of the small issues I really like it.

llmgtab

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Right after updating I noticed my phone heating up. I pulled the battery, restarted my phone, then backed up my sd card and formated the sd card using the phone settings. I then restored the data to my sd card and restarted by phone. Since then everything is great. Battery is as good or better than before. I hope this helps.
My phone is heating up more after the upgrade as well. Only issue I have run across, everything else is great. I was going to try a factory reset tonight, but maybe I will try your trick first instead. Thanks.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't think this is a JB issue but does anyone know why apps will stay stuck on download in the google play store??

**EDIT** Nevemind, just needed a restart after I did a factory reset.

Last edited:

shembreakey

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Since upgrading to JellyBean on my Samsung Galaxy S3 I cant remove any homescreens. It just hangs when I try drag one to trash with a "touchwiz" error message which you need to "ok". Please fix ASAP as I got 2 unused screens I want to remove.

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Since upgrading to JellyBean on my Samsung Galaxy S3 I cant remove any homescreens. It just hangs when I try drag one to trash with a "touchwiz" error message which you need to "ok". Please fix ASAP as I got 2 unused screens I want to remove.
i had the same problem. do a full factory reset. one the phone is up and running, the first thing you do it remove whatever screens you dont want.

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, since JB update battery is going fast. After a week, I did a factory reset and. Got everything all set back up and battery still drains twice as fast as before update...

For example from today, 3 hours on wifi even...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351612317900.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351612317900.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 65

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I am having an issue that I wonder if anyone else is having/can recreate.
When I return home and connect to my home wifi - I can make a phone call, but the recipient can't hear me and I can't hear the call being initiated or any ringing. This is corrected if I reboot the phone or if an INCOMING call comes in. Before the JB update, I would have the same issue, except there would be a HORRIBLY loud screeching sound while the call dialed. I just noticed it's better on JB but it's totally silent instead of the noise. I can't decide if this is a router issue or phone, or the wifi "connecting" - anyone able to help me diagnose this?

dafoot2

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
After update I'm having the same spacing issue with Swype. also noticed that I'm not getting the first word capitalized at the beginning of a sentence.

Anyone else having a problem with stock internet browser, when on a page and trying to scroll up, it intermittently wants to zoom in the page. I'm scrolling with just my thumb so it's not a pinch to zoom

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
After update I'm having the same spacing issue with Swype. also noticed that I'm not getting the first word capitalized at the beginning of a sentence.

Anyone else having a problem with stock internet browser, when on a page and trying to scroll up, it intermittently wants to zoom in the page. I'm scrolling with just my thumb so it's not a pinch to zoom

Scoot your thumb over a little - the zooming is a new feature. You can zoom in and out by slipping your finger up and down the side of the browser.

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, since JB update battery is going fast. After a week, I did a factory reset and. Got everything all set back up and battery still drains twice as fast as before update...

For example from today, 3 hours on wifi even...

And after not hardly touching my phone here is results at 3:30 pm...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351625126636.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351625126636.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 63

Equinsu ocha

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyone knows what happened to the voice mail application?

Mine is in "apps".

21k06f4.png

ubigred

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
You can no longer scroll text in the notification bar. Only brings up
'app info'.... :banghead::banghead:
Sent from my SGS3!

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
ME..
Since the LI3 update Media has been causing my battery to drain and my CPU to run more often.. higher awake times..

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
You can no longer scroll text in the notification bar. Only brings up
'app info'.... :banghead::banghead:
Sent from my SGS3!

Mine still scrolls all new text across the notification bar. I can read them without opening my messaging app.

I am going to turn off Google Now and see if my battery gets any better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae