Jelly Bean bugs/issues

ubigred

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Mine still scrolls all new text across the notification bar. I can read them without opening my messaging app.

I am going to turn off Google Now and see if my battery gets any better.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Not if you hold it down.

Before jellybean, upon holding text, mail, etc it would actually scroll.

Now an App Info box pops up

Sent from my SGS3!

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I was just informed that for the last couple days since I updated, that nobody can call me from a landline phone!

My wife's phone or mine won't receive calls.

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I Manually downloaded the update from Google server on both phones. Mine I did a hard reset on it yesterday and didn't change anything. I am not sure if the issues are being caused from the east coast storm (I am in Florida) or if it is because our area is being updated to LTE. I can receive calls from other cell phones without an issue but not from a land line.

joshsparham

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I was having battery drain issues but I went through settings and noticed that it changed my "mobile network" mode to include LTE. My area doesn't have LTE so this was draining my battery pretty bad. Just a thought for those having issues with battery drain and live in an area without LTE.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Mikey, it's really not your job to enforce Sprint's TOS. And I seriously doubt anything you post here is going to change anyone's mind. Let it rest.

You're right I am letting it rest. It just really bugs me when people trot out the old "unlimited is unlimited" and "it's not in my contract" arguments. Now they are aware it is there.

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
You're right I am letting it rest. It just really bugs me when people trot out the old "unlimited is unlimited" and "it's not in my contract" arguments. Now they are aware it is there.
dude, seriously. stop with this data nonsense! dont post anything else about this!

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I was having battery drain issues but I went through settings and noticed that it changed my "mobile network" mode to include LTE. My area doesn't have LTE so this was draining my battery pretty bad. Just a thought for those having issues with battery drain and live in an area without LTE.

Months Before the update i switched my settings over to LTE because we are supposed to get it turned on in the coming months. I saw no extra battery drain in those months. I did a hard reset yesterday early morning and battery was still going fast by noon. I turned off Google Now early this morning and battery seems to be back on par today with before the update.

jmuscag

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I went into developer options, changed all animations to 10x, then went back, removed screens I didn't want, changed it back. Now it works even w animations off. Hope it works for you

jmuscag

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Since upgrading to JellyBean on my Samsung Galaxy S3 I cant remove any homescreens. It just hangs when I try drag one to trash with a "touchwiz" error message which you need to "ok". Please fix ASAP as I got 2 unused screens I want to remove.

I went into developer options, changed all animations to 10x, then went back, removed screens I didn't want, changed it back. Now it works even w animations off. Hope it works for you

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I Manually downloaded the update from Google server on both phones. Mine I did a hard reset on it yesterday and didn't change anything. I am not sure if the issues are being caused from the east coast storm (I am in Florida) or if it is because our area is being updated to LTE. I can receive calls from other cell phones without an issue but not from a land line.

Have you factory reset those phones?
You know that's what's going to be recommended, right?

insane42

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Scoot your thumb over a little - the zooming is a new feature. You can zoom in and out by slipping your finger up and down the side of the browser.

I do not like that I can't disable this "feature". Just leave it at pinch/zoom. I always scroll from the edge of the screen and this is quite annoying.

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Since the update I have not gotten any email notifications. My email doesn't download to phone unless I go and click for them to download. This Comcast email by the way

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Since the update I have not gotten any email notifications. My email doesn't download to phone unless I go and click for them to download. This Comcast email by the way

Go in and clear the email app data, force it closed and then open the email app and let it resync...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I have Jelly Bean, I updated manually via SD card.

The one issue I've spotted so far involves using "Google voice typing."

When I select it using the microphone icon in SwiftKey or via the notification bar's "Choose input method," nothing happens.

Nothing.

The microphone appears with a circle around it but no red glow and no voice inputs are recognized.

It's worked a handful of times, but it usually doesn't work at all.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have Jelly Bean, I updated manually via SD card.

The one issue I've spotted so far involves using "Google voice typing."

When I select it using the microphone icon in SwiftKey or via the notification bar's "Choose input method," nothing happens.

Nothing.

The microphone appears with a circle around it but no red glow and no voice inputs are recognized.

It's worked a handful of times, but it usually doesn't work at all.

That's one of my favorite features. Have you tried reflashing? Did you factory reset before you flashed the update?

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
That's one of my favorite features. Have you tried reflashing? Did you factory reset before you flashed the update?

Not yet. I was hoping to avoid that, but I should know better. Every software update requires a factory reset. It's annoying but necessary.

jfitts75

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I hate that now when my bluetooth headset connects with the phone, the pairing window comes up to scan for devices and when the headset connects, the window doesn't automatically go away. With ICS, there was no window for scanning devices, it just connected.

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I hate that now when my bluetooth headset connects with the phone, the pairing window comes up to scan for devices and when the headset connects, the window doesn't automatically go away. With ICS, there was no window for scanning devices, it just connected.

I agree