Jelly Bean bugs/issues

insane42

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
What task are you doing that makes this happen? I just opened my browser and let my phone go to sleep and when I pressed the home button it went back to displaying the browser page I was looking at.

Anything. gReader, eMail, browser, Facebook... any app. App is in the foreground, screen blanks out, home button pressed, screen comes back on and app disappears bringing up the home screens. Power button tab just wakes the screen up. Home button used to just wake it up too, but now goes to home pages :(

ksjmh13

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
What task are you doing that makes this happen? I just opened my browser and let my phone go to sleep and when I pressed the home button it went back to displaying the browser page I was looking at.

Yep just what Insane said. Every single time I wake it up with the home button it will take me back to the home screen. I have to use the power button to wake it up to pick up where I left off.

Equinsu ocha

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Anything. gReader, eMail, browser, Facebook... any app. App is in the foreground, screen blanks out, home button pressed, screen comes back on and app disappears bringing up the home screens. Power button tab just wakes the screen up. Home button used to just wake it up too, but now goes to home pages :(
I don't use FB so I can't try that, however, I randomly selected a few apps (yahoo mail, file explorer, just to name two of the few) I have installed and could not reproduce your problem. I'm not saying your phone isn't having the problem, just that my phone is not doing it.

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I saw some posts earlier in this thread and I wanted to comment on some of the issues people are having with battery life (myself included). My usual investigating self spent a lot of time looking at the apps/processes that seemed to becausing me trouble. The issue my phone was having is that it over 90% of the time it wasn't getting to deep sleep and it spent about 75% of its time in 384 MHz. My GSam Battery Monitor was returning a very high percentage on the Kernel and the phone seemed to get hotter than it used to while running certain apps. After some additional digging it looked like one of the things that would keep triggering the kworker wakelock (by far my most prevelant issue) was certain accounts syncing. While I didn't expect it to be GMail, I saw where someone disabled the sync on their Samsung Account, and the problem seemed to be fixed. When I went to do this there was a red flag that said "Sync Error" I disabled all the syncs and my phone seems to be going into deep sleep. I'm hoping this helps going forward and it certainly makes sense that it would enter a "sync loop" and drain battery. I only have the account as I was trying to use it to back up some settings and such, but will just use Google going forward.

Hopefully this helps guys!

misfit410

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
My friend just upgraded, Gmail is the biggest issue, it works fine hitting back and going to each message individually, but if you try to slide from left to right through the emails it just gets hung up and spins trying to load the next email.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yep just what Insane said. Every single time I wake it up with the home button it will take me back to the home screen. I have to use the power button to wake it up to pick up where I left off.

I'm not having this problem... are you on touch whiz? I'm using Nova launcher...

<< Sent from my SG3 using Tapatalk >>

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Good luck with that...I've flashed LIH and LI3 and seemed to have no improvement... I'd like to know your results.

saleen2002

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
so i got my notification this morning for JB and i am wondering if i should do it since i have been reading all the things with it....

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
You've done a hard reset and that didn't fix it?? Do you have all of your credentials set up correctly?? If you're using Comcast, do you have the SMTP server info set up properly?

Finally got it to work. The sync wasn't turned.

ivan14

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Nothing big but very annoying to me. Before the update, when my phone went to sleep and I pushed the home button, my phone would wake up at wherever or whatever I was doing. Now whenever it goes to sleep and I press the home button to wake it up, it will take you to the home screen instead of picking up where u left off.
my phone does the same thing. I hope this gets fixed asap.

Herduc

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I have gs3 with sprint stock jb and have no issues with the home button. It goes back to where I left off on wake up.

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I pay for every bit of data(unlimited) I use dude, I'm not stealing anything and as for feeling sorry for me, don't it may keep you from walking on water

There is one element to this that you may not be thinking of in your argument. While you may be paying for data usage, there is the factor of "how much data can you consume in a given period of time". You may not think about it, but PEAK bandwidth usage is a critical element when it comes to network engineering, where SPIKES in data usage up to the maximum capacity of any given cell phone tower are what cause those "my network connection suddenly is not working" issues. Now, while you can try to argue that every cell phone tower SHOULD be able to handle every user going at maximum capacity, the cost to allow for that is prohibitively high. So, that is NOT what carriers aim for.

So, how much data can an individual phone or device consume by itself, without trying to max out the data connection of your phone? This assumes you are NOT trying to download DVD images all day long from your phone. Browsing, or getting an app here and there, with some spikes will generally not max out your connection for very long, and THAT is the sort of usage carriers expect. Going beyond that as a sustained bit of usage DOES mark you as abusing unlimited data, and if too many people are viewed as abusing, that feeds the argument that unlimited data SHOULD go away.

So, it may not be "stealing", but it is a bit abusive of network resources, and since it encourages the end of generous data plans, makes you someone other people with a more reasonable use of data dislike. If unlimited data goes away, you will be one of the people other users will blame, and they would be justified in placing blame on YOU, and others like you.

ivan14

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Not mine. After sleep my phone picks up where I left.
i found out that it only happens when the lockscreen is disabled. When it is enabled, there is no problem. Could you disable your lockscreen and tell me if waking up your phone goes back to the last app you used?

ksjmh13

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
i found out that it only happens when the lockscreen is disabled. When it is enabled, there is no problem. Could you disable your lockscreen and tell me if waking up your phone goes back to the last app you used?

Yep u r right. I have my lock screen set to lock after 2 minutes so I never let it set long enough to lock. But its still annoying and needs to be fixed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01