Jelly Bean bugs/issues

bp240

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
Not a bug and maybe it's been mentioned before and I overlooked it (sorry if so) but has anyone figured out a way to turn off the zoom function so that you don't automatically zoom through web pages and images just by scrolling too close to either side? I usually scroll fairly close to the edge so this really pisses me off. I was perfectly fine using the normal pinch-to-zoom function.

insane42

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Not a bug and maybe it's been mentioned before and I overlooked it (sorry if so) but has anyone figured out a way to turn off the zoom function so that you don't automatically zoom through web pages and images just by scrolling too close to either side? I usually scroll fairly close to the edge so this really pisses me off. I was perfectly fine using the normal pinch-to-zoom function.

I don't like this function either, and have not found a way to turn it off. I use my thumb near the edge of the screen to scroll through a lot of my apps, and it just messes me up now!!

ssweet97

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Hello, ever since getting the JB update my Road Runner email account doesn't get the email notifications sound i chose. Also, when I had ICS I had a voice command for the camera to take pictures with a command of "shoot", "capture". Does anybody have a fix for these glitches. BTW, can somebody also tell me what settings to have my peak/offpeak email syncs to have set on. Thanks for your time and efforts towards these requests.

SombreroUno

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I tried searching for a thread or a posting about this, so if this is in here already, I apologize. My phone is bone stock & un-rooted. I updated using the "Google Framework" method, which worked great. At first i was not getting email notifications, but that cleared itself up after a couple days. The issue I'm having now is that every other day or so, when I use the stock keyboard to write a text or email or anything for that matter, I get a little keyboard icon in the notification bar prompting me to select an input method. I thought it was just a one time set up thing due to the update, but now its happening a lot. I tried tapping on it and it took me to the settings menu where I had to choose a language for the keyboard to default to. I chose English and the icon went away, but it keeps coming back.... Is anyone else experiencing this?, Or am I just that lucky... Thanks for any help

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
It's supposed to do that. It's an ime switcher. If you have more than one keyboard it allows you to switch them out without having to go into the settings menu to do it. Just ignore it. Or download a few more keyboards and put it to use. :D I use it all the time as I have four or five different keyboards installed.

SombreroUno

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that. I had never seen or noticed it untill a couple days after I updated. Still learnin' all the ins and outs of this awesome phone.. thanks again!

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Crapppp

Jellybean didn?t solve it. Gsiff_daemon just popped up for me. Just renamed it AGAIN.

Hopefully it won't pop up again

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

jimjr03

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. I just received the JB update today in the morning. I noticed right away that the dark colors look extremely washed out now. I noticed that the blacks look gray-ish. Has anyone else experienced this? I had the "Bubbles" live wallpaper and even on the lockscreen I had a plain black wallpaper and this is what it looks like now:

View attachment 45968