Jelly Bean bugs/issues

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
My first full day with jellybean the only problem I noticed is the voicemail app is gone no other problem to report fingers crossed!

Nicmania10

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm having issues with not being able to access the play store and my gallery without getting the error message "android.process.media has stopped" and when I hit ok I get booted out of what I'm trying to open/access. Seems a bit slower too with the message popping up when I use texting.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
same here...and the phone would reboot

i fixed it (i think) by starting all over....unrooting my phone...re-rooting it and sticking on a stock rooted JB LJ7 rom

killakel77

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I can't delete any of my seven screens, I only use five, but when I minimize into a group of 7 on the screen and try to drag one of the blank screens into the trash, my phone locks up and I get a message that touchwiz has crashed, I click ok and the phone goes right back to working, but I can't get rid of an unused screen yet. I guess I am stuck with 7 for now until a patch is released.

Go to the developer options under settings, and change the animations to 10x. it will be slow, but go back and it should delete the extra pages. After change them back.
Dont know why or how, but it worked for me.

Scott White

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I go the JB update over the weekend, now my google contacts wont sync. When I bring up my contacts, it keeps saying "updating contacts". when I bring up the sync settings for my google account I still have the spinning circle next to contacts.
I can't get half a day out of my battery.
and My yahoo maill app wont open my emails.

I want my old version back.

bonanzabucks

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Overall, this is the worst software update for any phone I have ever owned. Where do I begin?

Battery life is atrocious. I can barely get through the day, if even that. Before, it would easily last me a day and a half with moderate usage, sometimes more. Main issues seems to be the MAPS and MEDIA things that people have been complaining about. Drain it terrible.

It seems harder to drag down the menu from the top.

I don't like the new look of some of the menus, like the app changer.

WiFi sometimes automatically turns on even though it should be off.

Some of the apps still haven't been updated and they force close all the time.

That's all I can think of for now, but those are highly annoying. I miss Honeycomb. That was perfect and I can't see any improvements that Jelly Bean has made to my phone. No speed differences, nothing. Like I said, the worst software update ever.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Overall, this is the worst software update for any phone I have ever owned. Where do I begin?

WiFi sometimes automatically turns on even though it should be off.

settings-->more settings-->mobile networks-->connections optimizer should of be off

im not sure if that's exactly it, but something like that

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to show you guys how much 'Media Server' is using up my battery this morning. From the moment I wake up with 100% to my commute to work, I usually have 98 to 99% battery life when I get to work just listening to music with Sammies music player. Well, I just recently started using Poweramp and have noticed that when I get to work I've been having 92 to 96% battery left. So, what I'm trying to tell you smart Android users is that Poweramp uses the cateloger (sp?) MUCH more than Sammies native music player. While I like poweramp, I can't see myself using it since I listen to music A LOT throughout the day and that would just lead to a quicker drain on my battery. Thank you for reading.....carry on!

I'm a little late to the party, but wanted to respond when I saw this post. PowerAmp absolutely uses more media server than any stock music player. I'm not sure of the actual cause but I've tested this over a few devices. That being said, I can truly say that whatever this thing does to the quality of the MP3s that comes out of my speakers is worth it. I was actually surprised the first time I tried the app and listened to it. On my typical commute to work (about an hour and 5 mins), I noticed that i would drain maybe 1.5x as much battery (on my old Evo it went from 7-10%). It seems like you are experiencing something very simliar. Obviously if you are playing a lot, thats not what you want to hear, but if you notice as much improvement as I did, it might be worth it to keep it near power when you can.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm a little late to the party, but wanted to respond when I saw this post. PowerAmp absolutely uses more media server than any stock music player. I'm not sure of the actual cause but I've tested this over a few devices. That being said, I can truly say that whatever this thing does to the quality of the MP3s that comes out of my speakers is worth it. I was actually surprised the first time I tried the app and listened to it. On my typical commute to work (about an hour and 5 mins), I noticed that i would drain maybe 1.5x as much battery (on my old Evo it went from 7-10%). It seems like you are experiencing something very simliar. Obviously if you are playing a lot, thats not what you want to hear, but if you notice as much improvement as I did, it might be worth it to keep it near power when you can.

I actually just recently purchased poweramp when it was on sale this past weekend. I liked it so much that I decided that it was worth it to purchase it! Great music player! And you're absolutely right about music sounding much better with it as well!

Alpejohn

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
When i turn of all sound exept ringer sound, the facebook app still make notification sound.

Its a big step backwards that we have to open settings for everything to turn off vibration (email,sms,sound,facebook) why couldnt they gather the vibration settings at the same place instead of every where?

This is a BIG fail i think! :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Jamookie

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
My phone sends pics via messaging over WiFi without popping up anything.

SD card did change to sdcard0, no issues there.

I can add and delete screens on mine without it locking up.

I have not come across a single app yet that has issues or doesnt run, out of the 90 I have installed

Only issue I see is that maybe battery is draining a bit faster now, but I have been playing with all the new stuff and have not sat my phone down since. So it is hard to tell.

Sent from my Innovative Galaxy S3

I've noticed a much faster battery drain too once going to JB, but I'm pretty sure the reason it's draining faster for most is Google Now. Google Now polls the GPS very often to figure out what info is relevant to your location for the cards. You might want to turn off features

Ytsejamer1

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I thought I'd offer my couple of cents here in the week or so that I've been using this phone. I'm going to admit it...i kind of miss my rock solid EVO. Between the awful Otterbox case and bugs...I'm kind of disappointed. Here goes:

1) When the phone rings and I answer it...I say hello and there's just silence. I have to say hello like three seconds later and then the conversation proceeds normally. That's really strange. I'm not sure what the phone is doing for a couple seconds when I choose to answer the call.

2) Network switching stinks. It take several minutes for the phone to bounce between towers, 3g/4g/wireless. When I'm listening to Google Music or something, the phone sits there, circle spinning. I look at the network bars and there is no issue there, just no network traffic going to or from the device. I end up exiting the app, waiting a few minutes, then going back in.

3) Google Music has a lot of issues with this phone. It seems that there's a couple nasty bugs here. It only plays three songs and then the application locks up...buttons become unresponsive. When listening to songs when it IS playing, the second track will come out the phone speaker instead of through the AUX jack where it's plugged in. Same version on the EVO works flawlessly. I'm not sure if I can blame the Google Music app or Samsung or Sprint for their JB implementation.

4) Pandora...stops playing tracks every now and again even though there is a lot of network traffic. After which when you reopen the application, two songs will play at the same time...the last track that refused to play and the one that starts when you've reopened the application. WTF?!? I had a Jason Becker and Harry Connick Jr song playing at the same time.

5) Audio controls...they suck. I want my levels to stay where I set them, not change every time I plug something in or out of the aux jack. It's so freaking annoying. Unfortunately Volume Control + hasn't been updated in over a year and crashes when you set the slider levels.

With normally stable apps acting strange...I'm more inclined to blame the Samsung platform...but again, maybe it's Sprint's p*ss-poor implementation. I dunno.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463