Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 71
Like Tree30Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  
    Joe113's Avatar

    Posts
    853 Posts
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

    Default Re: JellyBean Tips and Tricks

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    After that, you can flick the jelly beans around the screen!
    I already said that!
  2. #27  

    Default Re: JellyBean Tips and Tricks

    I also found out that the maximum allowed tabs opened in the stock browser has doubled, you can now open 16 tabs. Also noticed that you need only to touch once and swipe away as opposed to holding it for further settings when wanting to overview another Yahoo front news square. (I know it's kinda confusing but overall better flash thingymajigg lol I don't know...)
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
  3. #28  

    Default Re: JellyBean Tips and Tricks

    Quote Originally Posted by EVO_girl View Post
    Have we always been able to run your finger up the side of the browser to zoom in and out? I have never noticed/known this before.
    I actually don't like this at all, as it also affects some other apps (like gReader). I looked in the settings for the browser and don't see a way to turn it off. Has anyone discovered how to disable this "feature"?
    I will learn to love my Android devices! Long live webOS!
  4. #29  

    Default Re: JellyBean Tips and Tricks

    While downloading an update for Angry Birds Space I was simultaneously able to take an incoming phone call all in 3g! Do I need a doctor?
  5. #30  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dk0867 View Post
    While downloading an update for Angry Birds Space I was simultaneously able to take an incoming phone call all in 3g! Do I need a doctor?
    Not unless something hurts. The S III has SVD. I noticed that a month or so ago and thought I was going crazy too.
    I will learn to love my Android devices! Long live webOS!
  6. #31  

    Default Re: JellyBean Tips and Tricks

    What does SVD mean?

    Sent from my GT-I9300
  7. #32  
    ihbsbA's Avatar

    Posts
    819 Posts
    Global Posts
    833 Global Posts

    Default Re: JellyBean Tips and Tricks

    Quote Originally Posted by sfrrr View Post
    What does SVD mean?

    Sent from my GT-I9300
    Simultaneous voice and data.

    << Sent from my SG3 using Tapatalk >>
    Thanked by:
    sfrrr 
  8. #33  
    BMIC50's Avatar

    Posts
    306 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,827 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

    Default Re: JellyBean Tips and Tricks

    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    Not unless something hurts. The S III has SVD. I noticed that a month or so ago and thought I was going crazy too.
    Quote Originally Posted by EVO_girl View Post
    Simultaneous voice and data.

    << Sent from my SG3 using Tapatalk >>
    Thanks for this! I can confirm that it works as I used it tonight to run Waze while on a call on a 40 min drive! I started the call first and Wi-Fi was off.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue->LG G3 White
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  
    Joe113's Avatar

    Posts
    853 Posts
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

    Default Re: JellyBean Tips and Tricks

    It's not Jellybean.... GS3 has always been able to do that lol.
  10. #35  

    Default Re: JellyBean Tips and Tricks

    BWAHAHA SVD: Samsung venereal disease?
  11. #36  

    Default Re: JellyBean Tips and Tricks

    Quote Originally Posted by djjr50 View Post
    It may not be the launcher because it only speaks when I use touchwiz, and doesn't do it when I use go launcher. But since others have had this issue, I will search for the answer.
    I know that Light Flow can cause this issue. Only happens with touchwiz I believe, no problems in Nova.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
  12. #37  
    BMIC50's Avatar

    Posts
    306 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,827 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

    Default Re: JellyBean Tips and Tricks

    Quote Originally Posted by llmgtab View Post
    I know that Light Flow can cause this issue. Only happens with touchwiz I believe, no problems in Nova.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    I do not use light flow. I haven't switched back to touchwiz so I haven't tried to diagnose it.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue->LG G3 White
  13. #38  

    Default Re: JellyBean Tips and Tricks

    Long pressing the menu key brings up google now, not sure if long pressing the menu key always brought up google search but they may have done this since google now is supposed to be accessable via an up swipe on stock jelly bean but that doesn't seem to work because of touch wiz.
  14. #39  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: JellyBean Tips and Tricks

    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDSA View Post
    Long pressing the menu key brings up google now, not sure if long pressing the menu key always brought up google search but they may have done this since google now is supposed to be accessable via an up swipe on stock jelly bean but that doesn't seem to work because of touch wiz.
    Yes the long press of the menu key has always brought up the search.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  
    Joe113's Avatar

    Posts
    853 Posts
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

    Default Re: JellyBean Tips and Tricks

    Any other tips n tricks?!
  16. #41  

    Default Re: JellyBean Tips and Tricks

    uh how about project butter?
    thats the biggest update IMO
    makes my s3 operate like an expensive phone should operate
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  
    Joe113's Avatar

    Posts
    853 Posts
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

    Default Re: JellyBean Tips and Tricks

    Quote Originally Posted by pkgear View Post
    uh how about project butter?
    thats the biggest update IMO
    makes my s3 operate like an expensive phone should operate
    But that is not a tip... nor a trick.
  18. #43  

    Default Re: JellyBean Tips and Tricks

    Does anyone know what happened to the reject feature on your contacts that was on ICS? Did they remove that or rename it or something?!?!
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  
    Joe113's Avatar

    Posts
    853 Posts
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

    Default Re: JellyBean Tips and Tricks

    Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    Does anyone know what happened to the reject feature on your contacts that was on ICS? Did they remove that or rename it or something?!?!
    Maybe try enabling "Blocking Mode".
  20. #45  

    Default Re: JellyBean Tips and Tricks

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe113 View Post
    Maybe try enabling "Blocking Mode".
    Thanks!

    Can someone help me out here....if I want to block JUST ONE NUMBER....I have to allow ALL NUMBERS except that one?!?! Am I understanding this correctly?!?! Why did they complicate this?!?!
  21. #46  

    Default Re: JellyBean Tips and Tricks

    When I press on 4.1.2 it does nothing

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  22. #47  
    pre1561's Avatar

    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    240 Global Posts

    Default Re: JellyBean Tips and Tricks

    I saw on a you tube video a girl telling her phone to reject a call, how do you do that and can you tell the phone to answer a call?? It was an S3, it was one of Samsung ad videos for the S3.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  
    Joe113's Avatar

    Posts
    853 Posts
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

    Default Re: JellyBean Tips and Tricks

    Quote Originally Posted by android1561 View Post
    I saw on a you tube video a girl telling her phone to reject a call, how do you do that and can you tell the phone to answer a call?? It was an S3, it was one of Samsung ad videos for the S3.
    You really that lazy to just swipe Answer or Reject lol??
  24. #49  

    Default Re: JellyBean Tips and Tricks

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe113 View Post
    You really that lazy to just swipe Answer or Reject lol??
    What? Lazy? If I'm being harassed and don't want to have to hear that person ever again, I want to pour his/her name on a blacklist and make sure his call is always rejected. That's lazy? Where have you been?

    Sent from my GT-I9300
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  
    Joe113's Avatar

    Posts
    853 Posts
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

    Default Re: JellyBean Tips and Tricks

    Quote Originally Posted by sfrrr View Post
    What? Lazy? If I'm being harassed and don't want to have to hear that person ever again, I want to pour his/her name on a blacklist and make sure his call is always rejected. That's lazy? Where have you been?

    Sent from my GT-I9300
    Lmao.... the previous poster said they wanted to know how to reject a call by literally saying "reject". TOTALLY different from BLOCKING someone. Come on now, stop being dumb and mind ya own business.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Getting Started with Android - Tips and Tricks
    By milominderbinde in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 629
    Last Post: 09-11-2014, 12:49 AM
  2. Tips and Tricks for the Droid X
    By blunt420 in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 232
    Last Post: 04-13-2012, 07:32 AM
  3. CM6 Tips and Tricks...
    By d3xn2o in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-09-2010, 08:11 AM
  4. Evo Tips And Tricks
    By solo1 in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-21-2010, 06:21 PM
  5. EVO Tips and Tricks from HTC
    By jthapar in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2010, 01:58 PM

Posting Permissions