Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree30Likes

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

Default Re: JellyBean Tips and Tricks

No, I'm not actually, I have been doing that for years. If you would have thought about it before posting then you would understand how this feature would be nice to have sometimes, like when driving, or when your hands are full of stuff, or when your across the room from your phone and busy doing something. Sometimes a call can come in when you can't answer the phone the normal way for some reason. Think about it.
    Inspgad likes this.

I am able to see emojis from iphone users which is cool but i cant find a way to send them. I have seen posts about adding a language called emoji for enlgish words and then if you type "smile" one of the suggestions will be an emoji. But on sprint with my galaxy i have been unable to find an add dictionary button. I would really like to send emojis anyone know besides downloading apps?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Lawrence View Post
    I am able to see emojis from iphone users which is cool but i cant find a way to send them. I have seen posts about adding a language called emoji for enlgish words and then if you type "smile" one of the suggestions will be an emoji. But on sprint with my galaxy i have been unable to find an add dictionary button. I would really like to send emojis anyone know besides downloading apps?
    Download multiling keyword

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

To send the smileys tap on your menu button, if I'm understanding your question, to send them the option is under your menu button while your typing a new message.

I cant stand side scroll zoom. It ruins my ability to scroll. I also believe my scroll is lagging. And my favorite game dead trigger has major problems now. Please emal [email removed by moderator for safety/privacy reasons] if you can help me disable sde scroll zooming
    Last edited by Paul627g; 12-30-2012 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sfrrr View Post
    What? Lazy? If I'm being harassed and don't want to have to hear that person ever again, I want to pour his/her name on a blacklist and make sure his call is always rejected. That's lazy? Where have you been?

Sent from my GT-I9300
    If you or anyone hasn't figured this out yet.....

Go to the person you want to blocks information in your contacts list.
    Press the menu button
    From the list Choose "Add To Reject List"

ROM
    clean rom ics

Quote Originally Posted by tat21985 View Post
    Adding on to the OP, after you've pressed "Android 4.1.1" and the Jellybean comes up, you can long hold the jellybean and a bunch of little ones start floating around the screen..
    Also you can flick the little ones around.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    If at first you don't succeed, then sky driving is not for you.

ROM
    clean rom ics

Quote Originally Posted by maverickvergara View Post
    BWAHAHA SVD: Samsung venereal disease?
    No, Super venereal disease.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky driving is not for you.

ROM
    Stock/Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    I actually don't like this at all, as it also affects some other apps (like gReader). I looked in the settings for the browser and don't see a way to turn it off. Has anyone discovered how to disable this "feature"?
    This is changed/deleted with 4.1.2 (MA6 update)

Although i love being fully updated with the latest software i can get (without custom ROM of course) im not to please with the battery drain, i remember getting my life and joy out of my phone before JB...sadly i haven't found a good touchwiz ROM for my phone so i can get the things i miss

Liked what I did or helped you out? A simple "thanks" would be great!
    If you want me to reply to you in a quick fashion hit the "reply with quote" or send me a message so it can be done
    Samsung Intercept(retired), HTC Hero(retired), Motorola Atrix 2(game phone"let's see what new ROM I can put on this today"), Samsung Galaxy S3(main phone), Asus Nexus 7(better than my parents iPad)

The general consensus is that if you've got problems after the JB update, backing up all your data and doing a factory reset will most likely resolve them. Including battery life issues.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    Inspgad likes this.

hey! the jellybean doesn't appear on my screen! i'm using the razor m. i followed all the right procedures. no jelly's......help

I want to move my apps to my SD card but it continues to say my phone does not support this. Is there a way around this so I can move apps to my SD card?

No.

You can *store* just about anything on you external card, but you can't run a program from it.

For more info, search these forums and you'll get way more than you wanted to know.

Sent from my unrooted 32 GB Polish Samsung Galaxy GT I9300 running 4.1.2.

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

I asked the same question to a technician in a Sprint store. He checked, and even downloaded an app but he said there was no way to do it even with the app. The Galaxy S3 just isn't programed to run any apps from the SD card. Every phone I've had you could run an app from the SD card.

It's not the S3. It's jellybean. Until jellybean, the OS permitted running apps from an external card. This is definitely not a bug. It appears that Google wants Android phones to be self - contained, like i Phones.

Sent from my unrooted 32 GB Polish Samsung Galaxy GT I9300 running 4.1.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules3764 View Post
    I want to move my apps to my SD card but it continues to say my phone does not support this. Is there a way around this so I can move apps to my SD card?
    If you have an external microSD card, you want to put all you media on that (music, photos, movies etc). Even with the 16 gb GS3 (which I have) you can store hundreds of apps on it. You have about 12 gb free and the app storage is dynamic, it will grow with the apps you install. Keep in mind, some of the newer graphic intensive apps may take up more space, but generally speaking, if you are running out of space you either need to move media to an external SD or look for files that are consuming too much space. Check you settings -> storage and see what's consuming all you space.

Question Re: JellyBean Tips and Tricks

My question has to do with this older post. I'm familiar with emojis and have used them for years. Seems however that since I moved from my EVO to the S3, my only options is the Sprint robo-dude. No more yellow happy faces. Is there an app I can use or a way to change them up?

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Quote Originally Posted by Lola Sue View Post
    My question has to do with this older post. I'm familiar with emojis and have used them for years. Seems however that since I moved from my EVO to the S3, my only options is the Sprint robo-dude. No more yellow happy faces. Is there an app I can use or a way to change them up?
    You can install a third party messaging app to get emojis. I don't see why you only have that one, I use the stock messenger and have all of the stock emoji icons available for use.

Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

...and after a little bit, a candy cane floats in...

Use ''call blocker''
    It's in the playstore.
    Gcaver2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123