JellyBean Tips and Tricks

ubigred

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I never noticed the zoom thing but thanks for pointing it out. I think I am going to start using the stock browser more over google chrome, they seem about equal in speed and the stock browser has flash. Also, I was kind of annoyed with the Chrome card system, sometimes when just trying to scroll around a page, I would inadvertently land up on the next tab (different website).

Yeah I tried the stock browser coming from Chrome, but got annoyed with having to input usernames/passwords on all the old sites. Wish I could just import everything.

Sent from my SGS3!

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
does anyone know how to delete all search history from google now in the jelly bean? it lets me delete my searches 1 by one, but what about deleting them all like in ICS.
thanx

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
The speaking folders is an issue I've seen many times in these boards..it's caused by an app...I can't remember which one, maybe the launcher you're using.....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

It may not be the launcher because it only speaks when I use touchwiz, and doesn't do it when I use go launcher. But since others have had this issue, I will search for the answer.

bonsly16

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I also found out that the maximum allowed tabs opened in the stock browser has doubled, you can now open 16 tabs. Also noticed that you need only to touch once and swipe away as opposed to holding it for further settings when wanting to overview another Yahoo front news square. (I know it's kinda confusing but overall better flash thingymajigg lol I don't know...)

insane42

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Have we always been able to run your finger up the side of the browser to zoom in and out? I have never noticed/known this before.

I actually don't like this at all, as it also affects some other apps (like gReader). I looked in the settings for the browser and don't see a way to turn it off. Has anyone discovered how to disable this "feature"?

dk0867

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
While downloading an update for Angry Birds Space I was simultaneously able to take an incoming phone call all in 3g! Do I need a doctor?

insane42

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
While downloading an update for Angry Birds Space I was simultaneously able to take an incoming phone call all in 3g! Do I need a doctor?

Not unless something hurts. The S III has SVD. I noticed that a month or so ago and thought I was going crazy too.

llmgtab

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
It may not be the launcher because it only speaks when I use touchwiz, and doesn't do it when I use go launcher. But since others have had this issue, I will search for the answer.

I know that Light Flow can cause this issue. Only happens with touchwiz I believe, no problems in Nova.

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I know that Light Flow can cause this issue. Only happens with touchwiz I believe, no problems in Nova.

I do not use light flow. I haven't switched back to touchwiz so I haven't tried to diagnose it.

UltraDSA

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Long pressing the menu key brings up google now, not sure if long pressing the menu key always brought up google search but they may have done this since google now is supposed to be accessable via an up swipe on stock jelly bean but that doesn't seem to work because of touch wiz.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Long pressing the menu key brings up google now, not sure if long pressing the menu key always brought up google search but they may have done this since google now is supposed to be accessable via an up swipe on stock jelly bean but that doesn't seem to work because of touch wiz.

Yes the long press of the menu key has always brought up the search.