1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Folders staying open

Not a huge problem, but after jelly bean when I open an app from a folder on my home screen, the folder remains open. So when I back out of the app it goes back to the home screen with the folder still open. So then I have to hit back again or tap outside the folder. In ics the folder automatically closed after I opened an app.

Any correction for this? Again not the end of the world but just annoying.

Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,095 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock - but Rooted

Default Re: Folders staying open

Thank you for bringing that up - I am not a fan of that feature either - so if that can be fixed preferably without having to root, that would be cool!
    Samsung Galaxy S3 (tweaked and rooted)
    Samsung Epic 4G (retired rooted backup)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Apple iPad 3 (yes, I have one of those also)
    For all mobile devices

Oh my! I rooted my SGS3!
    Rock Solid and Perfect!

This is definitely annoying

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Agreed. So annoying I had to Google it... and find this thread. I wish they would give us some sort of control over that "feature". Why would you want to have to hit extra buttons all the time. I guess this paradigm works if you keep all the apps you use in ONE folder.

I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong here, but I have a folder with tech site apps; Android Central, The Verge, Engadget, etc. So when I check one app and close it, the folder is open allowing easy access to the next one.

The folder stays open unless I touch the screen elsewhere or hit the home button, as you know.

So one person gets annoyed that the folder closes and has to be reopened. Another person gets annoyed that the folder stays open.

I find stuff like this fascinating. How do companies like Samsung decide and do they even consider such things?

Samsung Galaxy S3 - Samsung Epic 4G - Palm Pre - Motorola Q - PCD XV6700/PPC-6700 - Hitachi SH-P300 - Sony Ericsson T608 - Samsung SPH-N200

Global Posts
    1,095 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock - but Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong here, but I have a folder with tech site apps; Android Central, The Verge, Engadget, etc. So when I check one app and close it, the folder is open allowing easy access to the next one.

The folder stays open unless I touch the screen elsewhere or hit the home button, as you know.

So one person gets annoyed that the folder closes and has to be reopened. Another person gets annoyed that the folder stays open.

I find stuff like this fascinating. How do companies like Samsung decide and do they even consider such things?

Good point, so hopefully with arguments on both sides, this will be cause for a new option rule to allow you to choose, i.e., sound or mute - what works for one, may not be what works for others.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 (tweaked and rooted)
    Samsung Epic 4G (retired rooted backup)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Apple iPad 3 (yes, I have one of those also)
    For all mobile devices

Oh my! I rooted my SGS3!
    Rock Solid and Perfect!

Agreed.... that's why an "option" would have been the best route. Let people decide what they want.

Apparently Samsung didn't know which option they wanted themselves. My wife's Galaxy S3 leaves the folder open, my Note 2 closes the folder. We are both on the same update version. I came to this post because it irritates her that the folders now stay open.

I'm not sure this is a Samsung decision as much as a Google decision. Akedos, what Android version do your phone and Note have?

I'm running the Nova Prime launcher, and it works the same way now, so this goes deeper than Touchwiz.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3