Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!

Chillidog66

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I love Jellybean but now that I got it my battery life is terrible! Help! Is it just me?

Sent from my Galaxy s3 using Android Central Forums

ExTheGod

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I've been experiencing great battery life. Went through 2 cycles and since then its been amazing. Going in 21 hours with about 45% battery left with moderate to heavy use

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

atl10pnr

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Restart the phone. Then go through a few battery cycles. If battery is still draining do a factory reset. Then wait a couple of battery cycles. This should get you back to normal. Sometimes it just takes a little time to relearn your habits. Call it phone magic.

FrostyGTA

May 30, 2011
Visit site
No you're not the only one, it's pissing me off. I've done everything suggested aside from a reset which I don't want to do.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
No you're not the only one, it's pissing me off. I've done everything suggested aside from a reset which I don't want to do.

Yeah, I'm on the same boat as you. Don't want to do a factory reset....yet! I'm running my battery down like most are saying to do....Its pretty much doing it on its own without me even touching it, lol! If this doesn't solve anything, I'M GETTING AN IPHONE CAUSE IT JUST WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............lol! j/k........I'll just jinx the guys who have good battery life! :p

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm on the same boat as you. Don't want to do a factory reset....yet! I'm running my battery down like most are saying to do....Its pretty much doing it on its own without me even touching it, lol! If this doesn't solve anything, I'M GETTING AN IPHONE CAUSE IT JUST WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............lol! j/k........I'll just jinx the guys who have good battery life! :p

Just ran for 23hrs and was messing around with Google Now, on Twitter, Instagram, few phone calls, 2 1/2+ hrs of screen on time, etc. and also have location settings on too (if I didn't my battery would probably run till tomorrow mid-day). Time heals all my friends!

And right now on my current battery, still on 100% after 1hr 45min (pretty light use though).

Last edited:

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Just ran for 23hrs and was messing around with Google Now, on Twitter, Instagram, few phone calls, 2 1/2+ hrs of screen on time, etc. and also have location settings on too (if I didn't my battery would probably run till tomorrow mid-day). Time heals all my friends!

And right now on my current battery, still on 100% after 1hr 45min (pretty light use though).

Impossible u still on 100% after hour 45,u must have data off, no push notifications, or any social network if so then I believe u lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Impossible u still on 100% after hour 45,u must have data off, no push notifications, or any social network if so then I believe u lol

Data on, but I'm at home (so I'm connected to my Wi-Fi). Been DL'ing some updates from the Play Store and texted a few buddies.... still was at 100%.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I installed my jb on a factory reset phone. My battery is questionable, still not sure.... I've been using it a lot watching the weather on the east coast today... I have this MEDIA thing listed first in my battery stats...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just got the update this morning and my battery went down fast. Normally my battery life will be somewhat bad for a week or so after an update. So if you all are having a problem with your battery life give it a little time.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
For those having battery issues either before or after JB (mine started with the LI3 update) go to settings and check the battery usage.
Seems Media is way to high for me. Anybody else notice this?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Screen shots that show awake time and battery usage..
I went in and found the com.sec.android.providers.downloads and did a force stop and clear data before the pic was taken.. seems to have helped.
2012-10-31 01.30.12.png2012-10-31 01.30.18.png

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
That's good battery? That still seems pretty bad...I use to go the whole day with no problems, now I'm barely making it =/

After almost 9 hours he has 65% left, that's PRETTY GOOD............not sure what you're talking about -

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Screen shots that show awake time and battery usage..
I went in and found the com.sec.android.providers.downloads and did a force stop and clear data before the pic was taken.. seems to have helped.
View attachment 44123View attachment 44124

I was told corrupt files on your SD card can be the culprit here - have you reformatted your sd card? Are you still/have you gotten the high usage from MEDIA again?
(If you notice, I posted above you about the same issue.)