Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Default Re: Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    The exfat file system is more efficient for storage as the cluster size is smaller. I really don't know how it compares to fat32 as far as performance. I don't think it will make a difference because the majority aren't running apps on it.

The main reason I keep pushing using fat32 is the majority of us will eventually need to access it from recovery. If you knew how many times I had to address this both in the forums (during the manual update) and even more in pm's you would understand.

I know everyone isn't rooting their phones but if you do, having you card in fat32 is almost a necessity because almost everything you do is in recovery.

Like I said, not everyone is rooting but how many people were installing the update manually? And how many times was the issue raised?

And yes there is a file size limit with fat32 but in all of my years on computer or phone I've never reached it.
    Thanks for the info!

I carry huge 720p/1080p video files so fat32 wouldn't be a great option for me. Thats why I'll stick with exFat, for now....until I root, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe113 View Post
    I dont get what the big fuss is!! Google Now and all it's features are ON.

Sent from my JellyBeaned GS3 using Android Central Forums

You obviously don't use your phone.
    I didn't use mine much today. Dozen or so texts and a few short calls. Screen almost all the way turned down with auto turned OFF and all sync turned off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!-uploadfromtaptalk1352148390415.jpg  
    Retired Ambassador

For those with maps battery drain issues try this:

Open maps app. Go to settings. Turn off auto reporting.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:

Skunk I can't find it in the settings. I looked everywhere! There is location reporting? Is that it?

NM...
    Last edited by scipio11111; 11-05-2012 at 07:22 PM.
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by DILIG3NT View Post
    Skunk I can't find it in the settings. I looked everywhere! There is location reporting? Is that it?
    Sorry... Yes go there. And then locatiln setting. You can turn it off in there.
    Thanked by:

This is my usage today. Some wifi.. Mostly 3g and browsing AC and news sites at work all day... With some streaming music from slacker thrown in.

Not bad if I say so myself. I unplugged (100%) around 620 AM this morning when leaving the house.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!-uploadfromtaptalk1352168667101.jpg   Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!-uploadfromtaptalk1352168674642.jpg   Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!-uploadfromtaptalk1352168681369.jpg  
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  

OK, found an app that fixes the battery life issue its called juice defender, it works great!

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Chillidog66 View Post
    OK, found an app that fixes the battery life issue its called juice defender, it works great!

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums
    Juice defender breaks more stuff than it fixes. Everything juice defender does you can do yourself.

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

Quote Originally Posted by bdmridgback View Post
    I didn't use mine much today. Dozen or so texts and a few short calls. Screen almost all the way turned down with auto turned OFF and all sync turned off.
    Not true at all there guy. I had about 1 1/2 hrs of screen on time, a BUNCH of texts (100+), games, internet, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmridgback View Post
    You may have some of that off but from your screenshot it looks like the phone was awake pretty much the whole time.. So that explains the battery drop. What was your screen on time? I keep sync on, Google Now on, screen at half brightness with auto on... And as you can see from my previous post I got pretty good battery life.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=2297505

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

My AVG Battery life according to Gsam Battery Monitor is 23hrs 45min. Not too shabby! Just bought the Hyperion Extended Battery (4200 mAh) can't wait to charge it up tonight and see how this baby works tomorrow!!

Looks like they're not fixing this. That format SD card doesn't work. Even that map thingie. Those apps downloads would only messed up if not suck more battery power. They, whoever they are, want us to download more apps to find a way to bring back the previous ICS power consumption. After 2 hrs of light use I'm down 85 % from full charge. Hope they have an OTA option to revert back to ICS.
    Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Thanked by:
    dea30 

Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    Looks like they're not fixing this. That format SD card doesn't work. Even that map thingie. Those apps downloads would only messed up if not suck more battery power. They, whoever they are, want us to download more apps to find a way to bring back the previous ICS power consumption. After 2 hrs of light use I'm down 85 % from full charge. Hope they have an OTA option to revert back to ICS.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=2292736

I am getting around 14 hours of battery life. Don't think I use my phone too heavily and I don't seem to have the media issue. That said I have removed the memory card and will see what happens over the next couple of days. I think that I will charge the phone to 100% tonight before I go to bed and then unplug it and see what battery %age I have in the morning. 14 hours is not bad, but I'd love to get it up to the 20+ hours that other people are getting.

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Right now im at 60% after just about 16 hours. I had the media issue but then i formatted my sd card and did a factory reset and it's not a problem anymore
    Did I help you at all? Return the favor by giving me a "thanks"
    LG Rumor -> LG Rumor Touch -> LG Optimus S (Cyanogenmod 7.2 on 2.3.5) -> Samsung Galaxy S3 (MK3 Barebones on 4.3) -> LG Nexus 5 (Carbon Nightlies on 4.4.2)
    Thanked by:
    GrooveRite and dea30 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TreyTrey619 View Post
    Right now im at 60% after just about 16 hours. I had the media issue but then i formatted my sd card and did a factory reset and it's not a problem anymore
    Let them know Trey!

Here is what I did...

I turned OFF "Sprint Connection Optimizer" and just turned my WiFi on all the time.

I turned OFF the "Auto Adjust Screen Tone"

I turned ON "Battery Power Saving Mode" minus the CPU

I turned OFF the "Auto Location Update" in Google Maps but have Google Now turned ON

I manually Sync everything when needed

Screen brightness is at about 40% with Auto turned OFF

Battery seems to be doing pretty good now and included a usage screenshot.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!-uploadfromtaptalk1352329770914.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFlorida View Post
    I am getting around 14 hours of battery life. Don't think I use my phone too heavily and I don't seem to have the media issue. That said I have removed the memory card and will see what happens over the next couple of days. I think that I will charge the phone to 100% tonight before I go to bed and then unplug it and see what battery %age I have in the morning. 14 hours is not bad, but I'd love to get it up to the 20+ hours that other people are getting.
    So, I charged my phone to 100% last night and took the phone off charge sometime around 11:30pm (maybe a little later) when I woke up this morning I was down to 83%. Phone was basically sat for 8 hours doing nothing, at least not be my A couple of screen shots below (not sure why they aren't showing the scree shots rather than a link). To the person that said that they only dropped 2-4% over night that's fantastic, wish I could get that too. I don't seem to have the media issue but I took the memory card out anyway. The only media on my phone are photos taken with the camera and whatever apps have been installed. Screen is set to auto dim and I turned off location reporting in maps and google now. Any ideas why my phone would drop 17% in 8 hours of just sitting there? Was on WiFi all the time, or should have been. Not sure why Android OS is taking up 48%.

Attachment 45281 Attachment 45282

Hi
    The Galaxy S3 is my first Android phone, and I LOVE it! Beats iPhone for sure!
    The only problem that I have is, my battery gets drained very fast, even when idle.
    Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!-screenshot_2012-11-09-12-32-02.png

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

Quote Originally Posted by shmuker View Post
    Hi
    The Galaxy S3 is my first Android phone, and I LOVE it! Beats iPhone for sure!
    The only problem that I have is, my battery gets drained very fast, even when idle.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2012-11-09-12-32-02.png 
Views:	140 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	45474
    Well you definitely still have the cell standby bug. Did you update to jellybean yet, cause that fixes the cell standby bug... then maybe your battery life will improve.
    Thanked by:

What is a hard reset?
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonista View Post
    What is a hard reset?
    Press menu / system settings / Back up and reset / Chose the option factory data reset. It resets your phone to how it would come from the factory by removing all account settings, apps that you have installed and passwords. It does not clear or delete data saved to you internal or external sdcard.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe113 View Post
    Well you definitely still have the cell standby bug. Did you update to jellybean yet, cause that fixes the cell standby bug... then maybe your battery life will improve.
    I got a notification from Sprint, about a week ago, that jellybean will be available in the next two weeks, is there a way that I can update to jellybean manually?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast