Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 132
Like Tree18Likes
  1. #101  

    Default Re: Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!

    I had the same problem. I tried doing a hard reset and turning off my phone to fix any files not installed completely.

    What fixed it was with a full discharge at 0% and charged (turned off) until 100%. Then I unplugged for 15 minutes and continued to charge until another hour. Hope that helped.
  2. #102  

    Default Re: Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!

    No bad for all the extensive use amd gaming.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!-uploadfromtaptalk1355622249355.jpg  
  3. #103  

    Default Re: Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!

    I have my phone like two weeks and my battery life is terrible. It is a refurbished phone (I had an EVO LTE) and that had better life. I tried hard reset but I'm not too familiar with Samsung devices. I had 3 previous EVOs. What else should I do to get battery life? I'm usually connected to wifi at home and work, and bluetooth in my car. No gps on and weather syncs every couple hours. Anything else I should do or apps to download?

    Btw just typing this I lost 2 percent on wifi. And my screen is on auto which is usually on the lowest setting as I'm never in bright areas lol

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
  4. #104  
    kgk1985's Avatar

    Posts
    352 Posts
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts

    Default Re: Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!

    Anyone try clearing the cache from the boot screen?

    sent from Galaxy Note 2
    Razr ics rooted
  5. #105  

    Default Re: Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!

    I thought I had the issue licked until I restarted my phone. Whatever Media Server process runs, it takes a week or so to complete....then after that, battery life returns to normal. I restarted my phone yesterday while doing some troubleshooting on the Google Music issue...after the restart, the stupid process came back and never let up. I went through the night from 98% charge to 65% charge...commuted with the phone plugged in and it was up to 84% at around 6AM EST. A few minutes ago (12:50PM EST), it was down to 18%.

    I shut the phone down...but smacked myself as upon reboot the process will start again. That process is SUPPOSED to run...but for what, I just have no idea.

    *EDIT* Well...Media Server didn't run for too long after the reboot. The only thing I could think that might effect it was that I did away with Titanium Backup and all backup files contained with the application.
    Last edited by Ytsejamer1; 12-28-2012 at 03:38 PM.
  6. #106  
    mmohn01's Avatar

    Posts
    235 Posts
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts

    Default Re: Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!

    My wife's SGIII worked great with ICS, but once she updated to JB her battery doesn't even make it until noon. I have tried doing a hard reset, turned off google now, and I downloaded "phone info" app to try turning off different radios manually and none of it works. I have called Sprint, and all I keep getting from them is this is a Google and Samsung issue and they cannot do anything for her. I have suggested they replace her phone because I know it isn't happening on every phone that received the update, but they will not replace it. Sprint's customer service has never really been that great. So, I wasn't expecting much, but this is BS.
  7. #107  

    Default Re: Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by mmohn01 View Post
    My wife's SGIII worked great with ICS, but once she updated to JB her battery doesn't even make it until noon. I have tried doing a hard reset, turned off google now, and I downloaded "phone info" app to try turning off different radios manually and none of it works. I have called Sprint, and all I keep getting from them is this is a Google and Samsung issue and they cannot do anything for her. I have suggested they replace her phone because I know it isn't happening on every phone that received the update, but they will not replace it. Sprint's customer service has never really been that great. So, I wasn't expecting much, but this is BS.
    1. back up important files and/or folder.
    2. Factory reset device.
    3. Reformat SD card (if you have one)
    4. Finished!
    Thanked by:
    Buck69 
  8. #108  
    mmohn01's Avatar

    Posts
    235 Posts
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts

    Default Re: Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    1. back up important files and/or folder.
    2. Factory reset device.
    3. Reformat SD card (if you have one)
    4. Finished!
    Already tried all of those. According to Sprint, the update is causing some devices to leave on of the radios on. I just cannot figure out which one it is.
  9. #109  

    Default Re: Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by mmohn01 View Post
    ...According to Sprint...
    Link? Resource? I'd like to read up on it because I haven't heard anything about it.
  10. #110  

    Default Re: Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!

    I had the same problem since updating to Jellybean. GrooveRite stated that doing a hard reset and reformatting SD card did the trick for him.
    I didn't want to do a hard reset, who does, it's a pain to go through if you aren't rooted (which I'm not) and backed up.
    Well I broke down and did it, and fortunately it did the trick. It's worth trying if you've tried everything else. Sorry to hear others are still battling
    the problem after a reset and reformatting. I haven't heard anything about the radios being left on. If it's so, hopefully they send out a fix soon.
  11. #111  

    Default Re: Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck69 View Post
    I had the same problem since updating to Jellybean. GrooveRite stated that doing a hard reset and reformatting SD card did the trick for him.
    I didn't want to do a hard reset, who does, it's a pain to go through if you aren't rooted (which I'm not) and backed up.
    Well I broke down and did it, and fortunately it did the trick. It's worth trying if you've tried everything else. Sorry to hear others are still battling
    the problem after a reset and reformatting. I haven't heard anything about the radios being left on. If it's so, hopefully they send out a fix soon.
    Thanks for stating that it worked for you! Perhaps some people are confused about what a factory reset is. I always thought that a soft reset was when you basically restart your phone through the device option feature in it and a hard reset is when you take the battery out for 10 seconds while the phone is on. Perhaps people are getting this mixed up. Again, if you want to do a factory reset, do the following on your SGS3.....

    -System Settings
    -Back up and reset
    -Factory data reset
    -Press 'Reset Device'


    And to reformat your micro SD card.....

    -System settings
    -Storage
    -Format SD card
    -Press 'Format SD card'
  12. #112  
    mr25's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!

    How do I format and reset my device? And will I lose all my contacts?
  13. #113  
    kgk1985's Avatar

    Posts
    352 Posts
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts

    Default Re: Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!

    Formatting always erases all data. It's like doing a fresh OS install on a pc

    sent from Galaxy Note 2
    Razr ics rooted
  14. #114  

    Default Re: Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!

  15. #115  

    Default Re: Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!

    2% aint bad. really? 2% per hour is 40% gone in 20 hours, 2 days standby without using is CRAP.
    I'm losing 2% per 5 minutes having it on.

    And I'm a software engineer so it's no "bad settings" crap. .. and I'm on 3f net. LTE drains 2% per 2 minutes.
  16. #116  

    Default Re: Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!

    well...here's my latest battery screen shot since the last charge...not bad. I've used my phone on and off...mostly idle though.

    Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!-screenshot_2012-12-28-15-34-44.png
  17. #117  

    Default Re: Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!

    This is precisely why I cannot push the "install" button from the JellyBean update notification that I receive on my phone about 30+ times per day. Yes, I get a push notification that many times and more daily from Samsung to take this update and I just cannot do it. I was a happy owner of a GS2 running GingerBread and happily took the ICS update when it came out. With that update, I got a max of 4 HOURS on a phone that used to last well over a day with moderate use and processes running in the background.

    To try to get the battery to last longer, I had to reflash ROM, do a factory reset, cycle the battery, turn off all processes and background updates, and still only got about 5 hours from my phone. I finally broke down and upgraded, at a pretty penny, to the S3 and now I read all of the horror stories about the upgrade to JB and I just cannot believe that Samsung, Google and Sprint don't do extensive beta/field testing before these roll outs and offer some sort of way to revert back to the OS you were using if things go south.

    I would have happily taken back gingerbread with my S2, a phone that in some ways I liked more than my S3, mainly the brilliant display it had. The S3's display may be slightly finer resolution, but it is washed out compared to the S2.

    Okay, I hope you try a couple of the other things offered by people here to get your battery life back to what it was. It stinks to lose the "mobile" part of mobile phone...
  18. #118  

    Default Re: Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!

    Do you do that in that order?
  19. #119  

    Default Re: Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonista View Post
    This is precisely why I cannot push the "install" button from the JellyBean update notification that I receive on my phone about 30+ times per day. Yes, I get a push notification that many times and more daily from Samsung to take this update and I just cannot do it. I was a happy owner of a GS2 running GingerBread and happily took the ICS update when it came out. With that update, I got a max of 4 HOURS on a phone that used to last well over a day with moderate use and processes running in the background.

    To try to get the battery to last longer, I had to reflash ROM, do a factory reset, cycle the battery, turn off all processes and background updates, and still only got about 5 hours from my phone. I finally broke down and upgraded, at a pretty penny, to the S3 and now I read all of the horror stories about the upgrade to JB and I just cannot believe that Samsung, Google and Sprint don't do extensive beta/field testing before these roll outs and offer some sort of way to revert back to the OS you were using if things go south.

    I would have happily taken back gingerbread with my S2, a phone that in some ways I liked more than my S3, mainly the brilliant display it had. The S3's display may be slightly finer resolution, but it is washed out compared to the S2.

    Okay, I hope you try a couple of the other things offered by people here to get your battery life back to what it was. It stinks to lose the "mobile" part of mobile phone...
    The more I've used my s3 with jelly Bean, the better it has gotten. My S3 came with it from factory and my wife's didn't. We get exactly the same life with the exception of some day with more usage out of the normal....especially since I drive all day.



    Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!-uploadfromtaptalk1357491155808.jpg   Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!-uploadfromtaptalk1357491167678.jpg  
  20. #120  

    Default Re: Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!

    I experienced the exact same effect.The phone drains even when it's off now at an alarming rate.
    I tried turning off everything posible, and guess what, still drains at an alarming rate of about 1% every minute or two.
    Really makes the phone unusable as a mobile device because now I have to be tied to a power outlet.
    Thanks to my carrier for being the last one to release this update but really what was the point in delaying the release when you still released it with this terrible flaw.
  21. #121  

    Default Re: Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!

    Hi everybody. I am new to the thread. Please read below, it seems to be a definite solution to the battery drain issue after installing Jelly Bean 4.1.2.

    A few days ago I installed the update (Jelly Bean 4.1.2) to my Samsung Galaxy 3. After the installation, my battery was going down like crazy. I did not want to go through the process of doing a hard reset, so I did something very simple which I first read in another forum and then I also read it in this one as well. I used the phone until the battery was completely discharged, that is until the phone switched off by itself. After the device turned off automatically, I pressed the on button to make sure that I could not turn on the phone - in other words I wanted to make sure that the battery was completely discharged.

    Then I charged the phone until the green light indicated that the battery was 100% charged. I unplugged the charger without turning on the phone, waited for about 10 minutes and then I plugged in the charger again. I noticed that the led turned red, indicating that the phone was again charging. I charged until the led went back to green (that is for about 10 min, but it might be better to charge longer, maybe for an hour). I unplugged the charger, I turned on the phone and the battery life went back to normal after that. It now discharges at about 1.2% per hour - I am happy with that.

    Please follow the above process. It should work with everybody who has a problem with battery life after the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 update. I am not a tech guy, but it might have something to do with battery memory or something like that.

    I hope I helped. If yes, please spread this solution to this and other forums.
  22. #122  

    Default Re: Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!

    Battery life is terrible, going to try that new Qualcom app and see how well it works
  23. #123  

    Default Re: Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!

    Both of my S3's are having issues with battery life after 4.1.2. One difference I noticed is that they are both disconnecting from WiFi very quickly after turning the screen off. Both devices were lasting an easy 15 hours on 4.1.1. I am lucky if I get 7 hours now.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
  24. #124  
    kgk1985's Avatar

    Posts
    352 Posts
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts

    Default Re: Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!

    Go into settings and allow wifi to stay connected when in sleep mode

    sent from Galaxy Note 2
    Razr ics rooted
  25. #125  

    Default Re: Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by kgk1985 View Post
    Go into settings and allow wifi to stay connected when in sleep mode

    sent from Galaxy Note 2
    Thanks for the tip. I changed this setting on both phones. Did this functionality change with 4.1.2? I don't recall having this issue until the 4.1.2 update. Regarding battery life, shouldn't we expect better battery life by letting WiFi stay connected in sleep mode vs trying to connect to 3G? Both phones are set up to sync with an Exchange email server via push, and thus will be frequently connecting after the screen goes dark.

    I also decided to follow the tip regarding running the battery completely down and then fully charging it while it is powered off. Completed that last night/this morning.

    We'll see if one or both of these resolved the issue.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is it just my battery life that sucks?
    By Go Android! in forum Sprint Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 08-01-2012, 11:31 AM
  2. My battery life sucks. How about yourself?
    By brava27 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 07-18-2012, 09:40 AM
  3. Help, my battery life sucks!
    By lolreconlol in forum Verizon Fascinate
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 10:55 AM
  4. How I Dramatically Improved My (Battery) Life
    By sethpcs in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-20-2010, 08:10 AM
  5. My battery life report (Spoiler: It's good)
    By Caitlyn McKenzie in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 07:13 PM

Posting Permissions