Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Like Tree18Likes

Default Re: Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!

Quote Originally Posted by kgk1985 View Post
    Go into settings and allow wifi to stay connected when in sleep mode

sent from Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by weknsmith View Post
    Regarding battery life, shouldn't we expect better battery life by letting WiFi stay connected in sleep mode vs trying to connect to 3G? Both phones are set up to sync with an Exchange email server via push, and thus will be frequently connecting after the screen goes dark.
    I think that's what kgk was saying. Turn sleep mode off, so WiFi stays connected during sleep. Keep WiFi on during sleep should by set to "Always."
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I think that's what kgk was saying. Turn sleep mode off, so WiFi stays connected during sleep. Keep WiFi on during sleep should by set to "Always."
    What Meyer said. It will help a lot when wifi is staying on constant versus dropping and reconnecting a bunch. Just ensure its set to always and that will help.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!-uploadfromtaptalk1362781966358.jpg  
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    ROM
    None yet

Battery life has been worse after the JB update. Biggest problem was the "media", but I rooted the phone and froze some of the apps affiliated with that. After that, I had problems with "media server". I tried formatting the micro SD card like has been suggested and that didn't really do anything. I think the media server problem has solved itself a week after the last update and I haven't had any drainage with that for a few days. Now, my battery life seems better but the biggest problem is "android system". That often drains the battery more than the screen time, according to the stats. I don't know, but there is a lot of crap "packages" that seem to be on under the android system and I wonder which ones we need or could be frozen without affecting the phone.

In all, this is the worst update for any phone I have ever had. And I can't believe that Google and Samsung can't see to figure this stuff out before rolling out updates.
    Will Allen likes this.

JB works perfectly for me. As has been repeated many times, the huge OTA updates can be really problematic is applied to a phone with a lot of apps and data already in place. Often, a factory reset is the only real answer.

For media server, be aware that downloads invoke media server, so if you're downloading a lot of apps or updates from the play store, or files from the web, media server will show a lot of battery usage.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

dosfsck found strange short filenames on /storage/sdcard0/Samsung subdirectories (some preinstalled Image, Music, Videos)
    Backing those files up and copying them back got rid of that issue.
    It seems to have helped with com.sec.android.providers.downloads CPU usage, but I'm unsure it's completely solved.
    Watching the open file descriptors of media scan, it also seems to spend quite some time on the files in TitaniumBackup ...

Angry Re: Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!

Absolutely. What is media doing? happens after I connect via USB to charge from my laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Allen View Post
    Absolutely. What is media doing? happens after I connect via USB to charge from my laptop.
    I guess it noted that there's been an MTP connection and suspects there might be new media files and does a rescan.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456