1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,161 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Can't set default calendar?

Does anyone happen to know how to set a default calendar? I can turn off viewing of certain calendars but every time I make a new appointment it defaults to "my calendar" and not the one I need. S-voice does the exact same thing. I can set appointments but they are for a calendar that I have turn off so I never see them or get alerted to them. Thanks in advance.
    Samsung Galaxy S ll Epic 4G Touch [FF18]
    Retired Ambassador

Default Re: Can't set default calendar?

Tap on calendar. Menu / settings calendars. Uncheck all but the one you want.

Then go to settings accounts find the calendar and make sure it's setup to sync.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:
    syphex 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    1,161 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Hmm I've tried that and I find that just unchecking the calendars only means they are unseen but not default. I have unchecked all of them except my Exchange calendar and find that appointments are still defaulting to the My Calendar option that is unchecked.
    Samsung Galaxy S ll Epic 4G Touch [FF18]

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

"My Calendar" isn't checked in those settings and it still saves to that calendar. I've tried using "schedule event to _____calendar" but it doesn't work. I think the voice controls will only work with native apps....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    Hmm I've tried that and I find that just unchecking the calendars only means they are unseen but not default. I have unchecked all of them except my Exchange calendar and find that appointments are still defaulting to the My Calendar option that is unchecked.
    Exactly...
    I think we posted at the same time. lol
    Thanked by:
    syphex 

Here is what I have done to solve it. Go into Settings/Application Manager and All apps. You will find two Calendar Apps. The Green icon uses Samsung calendars, so go in there and clear the defaults. Now when you try to use voice you will get a choice of which Calendar app to use. I choose Google which is the blue icon. Now it will use your default Google calender. I hope that makes sense.

Glen
    Last edited by gmwright; 10-31-2012 at 09:55 AM.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gmwright View Post
    Here is what I have done to solve it. Go into Settings/Application Manager and All apps. You will find two Calendar Apps. The Green icon uses Samsung calendars, so go in there and clear the defaults. Now when you try to use voice you will get a choice of which Calendar app to use. I choose Google which is the blue icon. Now it will use your default Google calender. I hope that makes sense.

Glen
    Hmm...I don't see a blue calendar icon..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gmwright View Post

Glen
    There are no defaults set on this calendar in my settings - I am still trying to get this to work because I don't use the native calendar - I use my google calendar. My events that I enter using S-Voice are not syncing with my Google calendar and it's making me fussy