Keypad within a call
I was placing a call this morning to my insurance company (1-800 number) and was not able to use the keypad to select various options while on the call. The numbers would register that they were selected on the screen, but it was not transferring to the other end causing me to sit in an endless loop of the operator saying the same thing over and over. When i pressed option 3 it showed on my screen as pressed, but did not register on their end as it was pressed. I tried another work 1-800 number to ensure that it was not just my insurance and had the same result. Has anyone ran across this or can confirm that their phone is doing the same thing?
- 10-31-2012, 11:35 AM #2
- 10-31-2012, 12:16 PM #4
- 10-31-2012, 02:03 PM #5
- 10-31-2012, 02:23 PM #6Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S6 (32 GB) using AC Forums.
- 11-02-2012, 12:15 PM #7
- 130 Posts
Re: Keypad within a call
I can confirm the same thing, although I will say I believe it has to do with the network. I use my phone to unlock my apartment gate, as I lost the remote. I enter the number and wait about 2 minutes for the gate opener to call my phone. When on AT&T in the past it would work immediately. I have to call my phone normally twice due to the fact the service is so bad (I live in North Dallas and Roam in my apartments all day). As soon as I get the call and answer I will hit 5 and.... nothing. I hit 5 again.... nothing then the gate opener hangs up on me as a result of no activity. It doesnt matter how many times or what buttons I push there is no feedback from any number and usually you can hear the buttons dialed even though they are just not assigned to open the gate. So I have to repeat the process until the the number can be transferred to the other side of the line. I feel like the signal to push a button becomes lost when the service is at low or near low quality.("CEO - Android Central") was revoked from my signature. Guess they should edit you cannot joke in your signature either
- 11-07-2012, 07:19 PM #9
- By vab05 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 9Last Post: 02-25-2015, 11:09 AM
- By email@example.com in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 12-17-2010, 09:34 PM
- By fletch622 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 1Last Post: 09-15-2010, 05:10 PM
- By evolutionary#AC in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 0Last Post: 06-25-2010, 11:08 PM
- By tpuiatti#AC in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 09-02-2009, 10:34 AM