Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry This phone will NOT vibrate and never has!!!!

Hey folks I need some help and have searched all over to no success. Since I have had this phone I can't seem to get it to vibrate for calls or any notifications. This is true when in silent mode and when I have the phone set to always vibrate. I have my messaging application set to vibrate and everything. Also I have noticed that it does even give haptic feedback when it should. I am pretty phone savy but I just can't get it to work and it really never has. Am I missing something? I do have an aftermarket battery from Hyperion.
    Retired Ambassador

Default Re: This phone will NOT vibrate and never has!!!!

I didn't need to do anything special to get mine to work. I find it strange you have the feedback but not anything else. Probably a little late to take it back to Sprint. I think the Samsung warranty is a year though....
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Mine vibrates on all notifications, calls and texts. So.. Check settings? Other than that maybe the vibrate part of your phone is defective?

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by truthteller10 View Post
    Hey folks I need some help and have searched all over to no success. Since I have had this phone I can't seem to get it to vibrate for calls or any notifications. This is true when in silent mode and when I have the phone set to always vibrate. I have my messaging application set to vibrate and everything. Also I have noticed that it does even give haptic feedback when it should. I am pretty phone savy but I just can't get it to work and it really never has. Am I missing something? I do have an aftermarket battery from Hyperion.
    There's a topic heading in AC entitled: How to uncover and use the hidden Service menu on the Galaxy S3. I'm not sure where it's shown, so you'll have to do a search. You can use the service menu to test just about every component of your S3, without having to go to the Sprint store. Just follow the easy instructions. We should all know about this menu, but it isn't in your manual nor is it widely known.