1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Default I had copy/paste issues in ICS on my GS3...does the JB update fixes it?

Don't know why but Copy/Paste never worked on my phone. Had anybody had any issues with this? . And if you have, is it fixed in the Jelly Bean update? I let me know!
    Thanks. I'm still on ICS, I'm in Georgia and still no sing of the jelly bean update. So I'm eager to know if there are "greener pastures" in the future

Thanks.
    Dan
    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: I had copy/paste issues in ICS on my GS3...does the JB update fixes it?

Quote Originally Posted by darencas View Post
    Don't know why but Copy/Paste never worked on my phone. Had anybody had any issues with this? . And if you have, is it fixed in the Jelly Bean update? I let me know!
    Thanks. I'm still on ICS, I'm in Georgia and still no sing of the jelly bean update. So I'm eager to know if there are "greener pastures" in the future

Thanks.
    Dan
    Are u just trying long press and then tapping the little paper type icon to copy it to clipboard?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

Default Re: I had copy/paste issues in ICS on my GS3...does the JB update fixes it?

Quote Originally Posted by darencas View Post

Thanks.
    Dan
    It has never worked or you just don't recognize it?

When you long press a word, does it turn blue and the guides come up to allow you to select more words?

<< Sent from my SG3 using Tapatalk >>

Global Posts
    6,876 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ing-issue.html

I had this issue myself, there's two options. Do a factory reset, which I did, or root and fix it by modifying a file. The above link has the instructions on how to do that.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel

So no one without a rooted s3 that had copy and paste bug updated to jelly bean here?

I'm wondering same thing as OP. I don't want to root and I don't want to factory reset and lose all my game data.

I still haven't received the OTA update so also want to know when I get that if the copy and paste bug gets fixed.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by vwvapor View Post
    So no one without a rooted s3 that had copy and paste bug updated to jelly bean here?

I'm wondering same thing as OP. I don't want to root and I don't want to factory reset and lose all my game data.

I still haven't received the OTA update so also want to know when I get that if the copy and paste bug gets fixed.

My guess is it didn't get fixed. Probably not even considered a bug by Google or Samsung. If it's fixed by a data reset, then they will probably consider it something that was caused by an app you put on the phone.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

So I got impatient and updated manually with the zip file, and........ it fixed it!

Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by vwvapor View Post
    So I got impatient and updated manually with the zip file, and........ it fixed it!

Great to hear that. Well... Great to read that.

Sometimes you never know how something is going to work until you try. Thanks for being our guinea pig.

OK everyone. I have the SG3 with the jb update and the copy and paste doesn't work. If I long press like my evo nothing happens. Nothing pops up to copy or add or highlight. Zilch! Any ideas?

Thanks
    Lisa

Coming back....it just let me do it in this forum but won't at all on Facebook....

Some apps are compatible depending how they are displaying text. I just rooted and cleared the clip board, but selecting with long press is still a bit flakey. I think it's just poor implementation /programming. Make sure your on actual letters and don't slide your finger at all. It often takes several tries.

S3 on Sprint - 16gb pebble blue + 64

Hi VWVAPOUR,
    I just updated to Jelly Bean yesterday and I still see the problem. You said... you fixed it with a .zip file?

Could you tell me what zip you are talking about?
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by prakaash77 View Post
    Hi VWVAPOUR,
    I just updated to Jelly Bean yesterday and I still see the problem. You said... you fixed it with a .zip file?

Could you tell me what zip you are talking about?
    He meant that the update to Jelly bean fixed it on his phone. He manually updated his phone to jellybean using the manual update method. It comes on a zip.