Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint galaxy s3 jelly bean battery drain

Sprint galaxy s3 jelly bean battery drain-screenshot_2012-11-04-14-54-08.png. The battery is draining so quickly after the jelly bean update. Like it drains 1 percent every 2 min. And when It drains like 2 percent in like half an hour on standby with airplane mode on.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Sprint galaxy s3 jelly bean battery drain

what you are saying and what your image shows are totally different stories.

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts

This is covered many times in threads here at AC, search for it and you can read up. The Media thing being your battery hog is likely because you have corrupt files on your SD card. Try removing the card for a day or two. If battery life gets better, you need to format your card.

<< Sent from my SG3 using Tapatalk >>
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

But that's really little compared to the ice update. I usually get a day and not 10 hrs. Also media and android system is draining my battery.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I read most of he other threads but there was no solution that helped. I think its because there's a corrupted file that's causing media to drain my battery.

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeraworld View Post
    I read most of he other threads but there was no solution that helped. I think its because there's a corrupted file that's causing media to drain my battery.
    Correct. Remove the SD card like I suggested. Then search in the Sprint forum.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2012-11-04-14-54-08.png 
Views:	285 
Size:	143.6 KB 
ID:	44706. The battery is draining so quickly after the jelly bean update. Like it drains 1 percent every 2 min. And when It drains like 2 percent in like half an hour on standby with airplane mode on.
    1 percent ever 2 min would mean your battery would be dead in 3 hours or so. Not 39 percent left after almost 11 hours as shown by your screenshot............

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Not including standby and the jelly bean update made the battery life horrible
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

What do I do if the memory card is causing the problem and that I need the memory card to listen to music.and if I have to format, can I back up the files and then put it in after I format it.

...can I back up the files and then put it in after I format it.
    Yes!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

My battery life goes down quickly even when its in Standby.my battery went from 96 to 82 in an hr in standby.

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

Then you must be doing something wrong. Cause my battery just lasted me 30 hrs and 36 min. See post #40 & #42

ROM
    Stock for now

My battery life goes down quickly even when its in Standby.my battery went from 96 to 82 in an hr in standby.
    I was experiencing something similar. I would go into Samsung Account within the settings tool menu and disable all of the Samsung syncs. Something happened in the update that caused an issue with this for me. It's been a couple of days since I disabled it and my battery life is a lot closer to what I would expect.

Jeff
    Nexus 5, Galaxy S3, Epic 4G Touch, Photon, Evo, Pre, Moto Q, Curve, PPC-6700, just to name a few
    I've been borderline addicting to getting new cell phones since 1998
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

I tried that already and it didn't help. Like my phone doesn't go into deep sleep that much after the jelly bean update.

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts

I tried that already and it didn't help. Like my phone doesn't go into deep sleep that much after the jelly bean update.
    Tried what already??
    Remove.
    The.
    SD.
    Card.

Report back after.

:banghead:

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by EVO_girl View Post
    Tried what already??
    Remove.
    The.
    SD.
    Card.

Report back after.

Could you be a bit clearer for me? Why bang my head? :-)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by EVO_girl View Post
    Tried what already??
    Remove.
    The.
    SD.
    Card.

Report back after.

I'm fairly certain that this will only address issues where Media is the number one process on the phone. And from what I've heard it absolutely works. The issue I'm having (and its possible others are as well) is that Maps is actually my highest useage (when I look at the battery info through the settings menu). However, if I look at my battery using GSam Battery Monitor I see that my highest app usage is actually the Kernel. When I look at the sub-processes included in the Kernel I see about 20 or so "Kworker" with various letters and number after. I've been unable to uncover what the cause of this is. What I will say is that disabling the Samsung sync made it part of the way better, but not back to my expectation.

Jeff
    Nexus 5, Galaxy S3, Epic 4G Touch, Photon, Evo, Pre, Moto Q, Curve, PPC-6700, just to name a few
    I've been borderline addicting to getting new cell phones since 1998

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oskar1995 View Post
    I'm fairly certain that this will only address issues where Media is the number one process on the phone. And from what I've heard it absolutely works. The issue I'm having (and its possible others are as well) is that Maps is actually my highest useage (when I look at the battery info through the settings menu). However, if I look at my battery using GSam Battery Monitor I see that my highest app usage is actually the Kernel. When I look at the sub-processes included in the Kernel I see about 20 or so "Kworker" with various letters and number after. I've been unable to uncover what the cause of this is. What I will say is that disabling the Samsung sync made it part of the way better, but not back to my expectation.
    The op said that is the issue... media.

Has OP tried resetting the phone? By that I mean factory reset, clear all. Just make backups of anything on the SD card.
    Dont sign up for services like Google Now or facebook temporarily. These are battery hogs.

Only other thing Id recommend is root and debloat. I upgraded to JB and didnt even give it a day before I did this. Battery life still great.
    Currently 18 hrs on battery with 31% left. Forgot to charge last night. Expect it to last all day too.

the media is caused by the SD card, i cant see that we all have bad file on or SD card, this only happened after JB which caused an issue with the SD card. I have another thread with this

LG G2 Verizon LTE
    Nexus 4 ST TMO
    Galaxy S 3 Sprint LTE [ Retired ]
    Galaxy Tab 10.1 4G Verizon LTE [ Retired ]
    Nexus S 4G [ Retired ]
    Xoom Tablet 3.0 Honeycomb [ Retired ]
    HTC Evo 2.3.3| [ Retired ]
    Palm Pre [ Retired ]

Quote Originally Posted by oskar1995 View Post
    Maps was my problem as well! I looked at everything, diabled the cache and stopped the process and it didn't clear up the problem. This is why I'm telling people that if you have problems after JB, you may have to reset the phone other than reformatting the SD card! I did both, resetted and reformatted and my phone is working beautifully!

@Groove...did you reformat through phone or pc??

sent from my badazz sammy s3...

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Reset meaning a factory reset and all setting and programs wiped, not a restart? I'm thinking I would like to do this and reformat my SD card. Two questions, (1) How do you do a reset and (2) Does this reset leave Jelly Bean installed and just wipe to factory + Jelly bean?
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by bdc1974 View Post
    Reset meaning a factory reset and all setting and programs wiped, not a restart? I'm thinking I would like to do this and reformat my SD card. Two questions, (1) How do you do a reset and (2) Does this reset leave Jelly Bean installed and just wipe to factory + Jelly bean?
    Factory reset will just remove all of the user installed apps and user data. You will have to sign in and setup your phone just like you did when you bought it. The only thing different is you won't need to activate it as that only gets done once.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Ok so it leaves Jelly Bean on and reverts everything to default settings. How do you do it?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast