Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Jelly Bean was great for a week now MAPS is acting up?

My battery has been actually great so far even with Google Now on. It may have decreased but not enough for me to notice. My issue now (1 week later) is that I charged my phone last night fully to 100% and unplugged at 10 pm and went to bed. When I woke up at 8 am my battery was down to 35% !!!! It's crazy because my batt would normally only drop maybe 5-8% or so for 8-10 hours unplugged on stand by. I always have had WIFI and GPS but that shouldn't be an issue now since it wasn't before.

I checked my battery stats and it shows MAPS to be the culprit running at 55%. Since I saw this I went ahead and turned off Use Wireless Networks, and Location and Google LSearch under the Location Services tab as well as disabling Google Now. I forced stop Maps, cleared the ram, and then restarted the phone. Maps still shows 55%!

Someone please help! If this was posted before I apologize.

Default Re: Jelly Bean was great for a week now MAPS is acting up?

Reset your phone and reformat your SD card.....problem solved! There are corrupt files in your phone that are causing the issue.

-Close thread!-
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Reset my phone to factory settings? This seems a bit much. Is there anything else I can do? And I do not know how to reformat my SD card. My phone is stock. Thanks for the quick reply btw.

Quote Originally Posted by DILIG3NT View Post
    Reset my phone to factory settings? This seems a bit much. Is there anything else I can do? And I do not know how to reformat my SD card. My phone is stock. Thanks for the quick reply btw.
    If you haven't read the threads by now, most people seem to be having a 'media' drain issue which seems to be tied to the SD card so a reformat is likely to fix their situation. I had the 'Maps' drain issue like yourself and most of the files for Maps or any app are stored in your phone storage space. I don't believe anyone has found the exact files that are bad/corrupt but you can try looking yourself and guess which files are causing the problem. I highly doubt you would want to do that. Back up your important files and factory reset your phone. I did and everything is working just fine!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks GrooveRite! So all I would have to do is a reset? I don't have to reformat my SD card right cuz I don't know how to do that. ALSO, should I start using Google Now again once reset? Or did you just keep it off? I want my battery to last a day and a half again.

Thanks

Thanks GrooveRite! So all I would have to do is a reset? I don't have to reformat my SD card right cuz I don't know how to do that. ALSO, should I start using Google Now again once reset? Or did you just keep it off? I want my battery to last a day and a half again.

Thanks
    I did both, factory resetted and reformatted my SD card through my phone, just so I wouldn't have any lingering problems. My battery life is just like it was with ICS, if not, better!

Factory Reset: Settings > Personal (backup and reset) > Personal data (Factory data reset)

Reformat SD Card: Settings > Device (Storage) > SD Card (Format SD Card)

Make sure you back up your important files before you do any of these processes!
    Last edited by GrooveRite; 11-05-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Don't forget the step for Google wallet to ensure that the program is useable after the reset.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks! But when I click on Device and look at storage it shows all the storage and at the bottom it says MOUNT SD CARD but its greyed out and I can't check it?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Lafountain, can you elaborate please?

Lafountain, can you elaborate please?
    Not 100% sure it is still going on, but I remember reading here and on phandroid about if you don't reset google wallet before doing a factory reset, it can disable google wallet and make it unusable. Again, not sure if it was fixed in a patch, but someone who has done more resets than me can probably provide more information.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Thanks lafountian.

UPDATE: I fully charged my phone just now and restarted it. So far MAPS is GONE (no % not draining) and the phone seems to be running normal and buttery life is on par. Will post an update on the progress of this tomorrow and see if the phone lasts till then.
    Retired Ambassador

Thanks lafountian.

UPDATE: I fully charged my phone just now and restarted it. So far MAPS is GONE (no % not draining) and the phone seems to be running normal and buttery life is on par. Will post an update on the progress of this tomorrow and see if the phone lasts till then.
    Open maps app. Go to settings. Turn off auto reporting.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Skunk if I do this can I turn Google Now back on? Or am I going to see my battery drop from 100 at 10 pm to 35% when I wake up at 8?
    Retired Ambassador

Skunk if I do this can I turn Google Now back on? Or am I going to see my battery drop from 100 at 10 pm to 35% when I wake up at 8?
    I would at least give it a try... what's the worst thing that can happen?
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

oh you know, my battery draining like a mo fo.

oh you know, my battery draining like a mo fo.
    So whats going on with your phone?!?! Have you applied any of the help we posted or still procrastinating about it?? C'mon man, we want answers!!! lol!
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

GrooveRite, I posted this yesterday:

UPDATE 2: Right now the phone is back to normal without doing a reset or anything other than what I stated above. As of right now I have 39% left running on 23 hours and 7 mins. LIFE IS GOOD!

GrooveRite, I posted this yesterday:

UPDATE 2: Right now the phone is back to normal without doing a reset or anything other than what I stated above. As of right now I have 39% left running on 23 hours and 7 mins. LIFE IS GOOD!
    Good to hear buddy!
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

I have the option in settings on AC to send me a email notification when I get reply's but it's not working. I just saw this! WT presidential debate!