Still no Jelly Bean update

volhater

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Been over a week and manually checking several times a a day. would thought Sprint would be able to get this out to all phones now.

cbass6411

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Why not just manual update it that's what I did. And you don't even need root for it. I'm using stock jelly bean right now.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
My phone is just 21/2 wks old and I still have not received the OTA but have received the Sprint announcement getting impatient! almost ready to manually upload it. I will wait until Sat. morning then seriously Qb king pass me that link?

jthrift

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
See if you can't find the tar file, rather quite easy to find, and manually update if you are so itchy for it. Look up QBKing77 and check his how to manually update to jelly bean.

Sent from this rocket ship called Earth.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Been over a week and manually checking several times a a day. would thought Sprint would be able to get this out to all phones now.

Do what I did the second it was available... Do the manual update. If you follow the instructions on the post below it will update you to JB with zero issues. :beer:;)

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=2261542

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

Quoted another post of mine. ;)

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

FireyFate

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
You can force the OTA update, I did it yesterday. Here is a post from a different thread that explains how... took about 6 repetitions before the manual update check worked for me. 348MB download.

Keep trying! I did the Framework trick 3 times and IT CAME FINALLY!

Settings
Applications Manager
Press All
Google Services Framework
Clear data
Press ok (DON'T PRESS ANYTHING ELSE)
Go back to settings
System Update- Samsung Software...

It should go live after pressing Check Now

If not, just repeat!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I hear the OTA update sprinkles fairy dust on your S3 causing it to perform better than manually updated devices! :D loL!!

FireyFate

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I hear the OTA update sprinkles fairy dust on your S3 causing it to perform better than manually updated devices! :D loL!!

Wellllll when it's pretty easy to force, why not? Otherwise I would have downloaded the manual update. Plus I just got my S3, so screwing around with the framework trick gave me more chance to fondle it.

muskrat2k1

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
So pleased that the framework trick is getting some attention. Worked like a charm and much less hassle (even if that hassle is psychological) than manually updating. Ain't nothing wrong with the peace of mind gained by OTA'ing rather than manually installing!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, I can't be sure the framework part of it does something... but I do know after repeating that process 6 times I got the OTA update. Are you saying that just repeating the "Samsung Software Update" part would do the trick?

I'm saying that is a coincidence. I've tried that method for every update this phone has gotten and it's NEVER worked after hundreds of attempts over a period of weeks.

According to Sprint you can't force an update unless it was ALREADY sent to your phone. The update software button ONLY works if the update has already been sent to your phone but for some reason you didn't accept it.

The ota is sent out 100% completely random. Not by location or by when you got your phone.

jthrift

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Download the jellybean stock update, it can be found a boatload of places, then bout into stock recovery and flash. Done and done.

Sent from this rocket ship called Earth.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1