Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Subsound
  • 1 Post By Skunkape60
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Power Saving ON / OFF

Does anyone use this....before the update I tried it and my battery seemed to get worse so I turned it off. Was curious after the update if anyone was using it.

Default Re: Power Saving ON / OFF

I have it on at all times. but the biggest battery savers are wifi and data connections. If you disable the sprint connections optimizer I believe you see a HUGE difference in battery. Normally people I see are posting maybe 10-12 hours before having to recharge, I'm on 12 hours 15 minutes and still have 57% left on my battery, and this is from the single charge.
    ("CEO - Android Central") was revoked from my signature. Guess they should edit you cannot joke in your signature either
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

I don't think my sprint connection optimizer stays off but I get roughly 25+ hours of usage on my phone until it gets low (5%). I also have WIFI , GPS and DATA ON! Brightness FULL, syncing FB, GMAIL, Exchange (Outlook) just to name a few settings. Oh also live wallpaper, live news ticker, refresh the weather every 3 hours... etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DILIG3NT View Post
    WIFI , GPS and DATA ON! Brightness FULL, syncing FB, GMAIL, Exchange (Outlook) just to name a few settings.
    Which respectively is limited to moderate usage I would say. But I use my phone for YouTube, and Pandora mainly which requires a lot of data transfer causing the phone to continuously run to load the video, the screen is playing a "movie" draining the bettery even more. I could see 25+ hours if you just use your phone for normal day things.
    ("CEO - Android Central") was revoked from my signature. Guess they should edit you cannot joke in your signature either

I use power saver and feel it helps.
    Have tried both ways.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

I use power saver when I turn off mobile data but that's usually only when my battery is low and I need it to last for phone calls and text messages.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
    Retired Ambassador

Power saving on. All options checked EXCEPT cpu.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by 2:
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.