Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HBOgo lag

hello, got my new gs3,does anyone notice a bit of a lag while watching hbo go? and yes, im on a good LTE connection, same area that i used my iphone 5 without any lag

Default Re: HBOgo lag

what type of lag? voice not matching up with picture? loading slowly?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by IAmSixNine View Post
    what type of lag? voice not matching up with picture? loading slowly?
    the picture studderds , its not as smooth as on my iphone 5

Short of trying it on a WiFi with a known good connection theres not much to help you with.
    Your trying to use the app on a cellular network, with lots of other users, so if you have great thruput one minute the next you might not.
    LTE rollout is still in its early stages and i have noticed in my area with my GS3 on LTE my speeds can fluxuate.
    Thats about the only thing i can think of. I have used the TWC app to watch tv (on my home wifi) and ESPN Watch and not had any issues.
    Basically its either an issue with the app not liking the hardware or the data coming into your device not having enough bandwidth or a bottleneck.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by IAmSixNine View Post
    Short of trying it on a WiFi with a known good connection theres not much to help you with.
    Your trying to use the app on a cellular network, with lots of other users, so if you have great thruput one minute the next you might not.
    LTE rollout is still in its early stages and i have noticed in my area with my GS3 on LTE my speeds can fluxuate.
    Thats about the only thing i can think of. I have used the TWC app to watch tv (on my home wifi) and ESPN Watch and not had any issues.
    Basically its either an issue with the app not liking the hardware or the data coming into your device not having enough bandwidth or a bottleneck.
    thank you for taking the time to respond, i know all the above, you sig says that you have iphone4s, try to watch a video on both at the same connection, see if you can see what im talking about. thanks

I dont have HBOgo but i have tested and compared both with ESPN watch and Time Warner Cable live tv..
    The iPhone loads faster but other then that no issues. Both stream well.
    For the past ten minutes i have been testing ESPN Watch using LTE in Dallas and other then the normal slow loading once it starts is fine.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

thanks for the input