Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 82
Like Tree24Likes
  1. #26  
    rickydavis1051's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    210 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint isn't worth the money (Rant Forewarned)

    I had sprint here in Fresno, CA and lemme tell you something………it is down right atrocious. I had it for a year and just couldn't deal with it. In the heart of my town I would MAYBE have 1 bar and data? Forget about it. After switching to over priced Verizon I'm back with at&t and couldn't be happier.
  2. #27  

    Default Re: Sprint isn't worth the money (Rant Forewarned)

    Quote Originally Posted by 4 Star General View Post
    Everything Unlimited plan = no game playing with bill...
    I had the simply everything 450 plan and NEVER used more than 50 landline minutes a month.

    Bill was NEVER the same two months in a row!

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) available - the Galaxy S3!
  3. #28  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: Sprint isn't worth the money (Rant Forewarned)

    My bill has been consistent for 9 months and plus they show what they charge u like EVERYBODY else do I pay around 90 or 95 a month maybe more if I bill stuff to my account

    Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
  4. #29  

    Default Re: Sprint isn't worth the money (Rant Forewarned)

    I had a 25% discount, but STILL ended up paying 80 a month

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) available - the Galaxy S3!
  5. #30  

    Default Re: Sprint isn't worth the money (Rant Forewarned)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    I had a 25% discount, but STILL ended up paying 80 a month

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) available - the Galaxy S3!
    Sucks for you I guess. As I said my bill is always 91-92 bucks..give or take some change for taxes (att did the same thing) Except this month it will be a little more since I set slacker to renew using sprint.

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

    Default Re: Sprint isn't worth the money (Rant Forewarned)

    Quote Originally Posted by IAmSixNine View Post
    Location Location Location.
    Im in Dallas, on Sprint with my GS3. I can go from down town dallas (residence) to north east dallas (work) about a 20 minute drive while streaming pandora with no issues.
    I can do the same on the return trip, which due to traffic i take an alternate route usually. Dallas LTE build out is still far from over but while on 3G i still get to stream pandora.
    As far as roaming at your apartment. You should have noticed that day 1. So as a good consumer why did you not address this sooner. 14 days or 30 days.. You should have known you were roaming the 1st day you got home and used your device.. Why did you leave ATT in the first place is you were happy getting your 3-4 gigs a month?
    Sounds like you didnt do your homework as a consumer then instead of taking responsibility your blaming someone else, spirnt in this case for your problems.
    Because I have wifi I MUST use that in my apartment, When I get LTE in the outlining area's I don't have any complaints. I left AT&T because I am now paying all of my own bills and took it from my parents. You say it like I wanted to leave lmfao. But in response to the blaming someone else. I wouldn't have to if I was told the correct amount of days. As a matter of fact I tried to cancel the service on the 21st day. I was "test driving" the service. I don't see how you can find negligence on my part if I was TRYING to give them a chance? Don't all consumers try before they buy? (when applicable) I don't see how that statement makes sense, because that's exactly what I was doing? Sure you can read reveiws but I'm sure YOU don't take everyone else's word for it.
    ("CEO - Android Central") was revoked from my signature. Guess they should edit you cannot joke in your signature either
  7. #32  

    Default Re: Sprint isn't worth the money (Rant Forewarned)

    Quote Originally Posted by Subsound View Post
    Because I have wifi I MUST use that in my apartment, When I get LTE in the outlining area's I don't have any complaints. I left AT&T because I am now paying all of my own bills and took it from my parents. You say it like I wanted to leave lmfao. But in response to the blaming someone else. I wouldn't have to if I was told the correct amount of days. As a matter of fact I tried to cancel the service on the 21st day. I was "test driving" the service. I don't see how you can find negligence on my part if I was TRYING to give them a chance? Don't all consumers try before they buy? (when applicable) I don't see how that statement makes sense, because that's exactly what I was doing? Sure you can read reveiws but I'm sure YOU don't take everyone else's word for it.
    I can't blame you ... as you are correct. Reviews might not be for your neck of the woods so I can understand the frustration. I would raise a lot more of my concerns if you really want to cancel and tell them you were miss-informed and this isn't your fault. I wouldn't cuss or anything since that will not get you anywhere... but talk to a manager and try. If that fails ... root your phone, force roam, and make them void the contract. Those are your only options atm.
    Thanked by:
  8. #33  
    sircody's Avatar

    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint isn't worth the money (Rant Forewarned)

    I have 6 phones on my Sprint unlimited everything and Bill is the same every month and in fact it was reduced a little. And if everyone would be Patient, as it's said, Good Things come to those who wait, it is going to make all the Switchers away from sprint regret big time.
    Sprint has Controlling shares of Clearwire and with Softbank putting just over $8 Billion Dollars on the LTE Network and the Comments from the other Carriers, Sprint is and will be Bigger then all the other guys, and Sprint Honestly has been the First to have any and all new to the Cell Business, 3g, 4g and too many to list.
    The Wealthiest Man to build the Biggest Cell company in Japan etc will have no other Goal but the same or Better with Sprint.
    Last edited by sircody; 11-09-2012 at 08:22 AM.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
  9. #34  
    kg4icg's Avatar

    Posts
    326 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

    Default Re: Sprint isn't worth the money (Rant Forewarned)

    Quote Originally Posted by sircody View Post
    I have 6 phones on my Sprint unlimited everything and Bill is the same every month and in fact it was reduced a little. And if everyone would be Patient, as it's said, Good Things come to those who wait, it is going to make all the Switchers away from sprint regret big time.
    Sprint has Controlling shares of Clearwire and with Softbank putting just over 8 Million Dollars on the LTE Network and the Comments from the other Carriers, Sprint is and will be Bigger then all the other guys, and Sprint Honestly has been the First to have any and all new to the Cell Business, 3g, 4g and too many to list.
    The Wealthiest Man to build the Biggest Cell company in Japan etc will have no other Goal but the same or Better with Sprint.
    I think you mean 8 billion.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    3348b76f
  10. #35  
    sircody's Avatar

    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint isn't worth the money (Rant Forewarned)

    Yeah That's Right....Voice Typing, Country accent here...LOL...Thanks for correcting that
  11. #36  

    Default Re: Sprint isn't worth the money (Rant Forewarned)

    I have 5 phones on my plan and I pay 256 a month. Bill has been the same for years.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
  12. #37  

    Default Re: Sprint isn't worth the money (Rant Forewarned)

    I think it's obvious Sprint was playing games with me

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) available - the Galaxy S3!
  13. #38  

    Default Re: Sprint isn't worth the money (Rant Forewarned)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    I think it's obvious Sprint was playing games with me

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) available - the Galaxy S3!
    That's what we are saying.. They may have been doing some weird things with your bill but it isn't the normal. Not sure why they would do it to you though.. That's what baffles me.

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
  14. #39  

    Default Re: Sprint isn't worth the money (Rant Forewarned)

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    That's what we are saying.. They may have been doing some weird things with your bill but it isn't the normal. Not sure why they would do it to you though.. That's what baffles me.

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    I don't get it either.

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) available - the Galaxy S3!
  15. #40  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: Sprint isn't worth the money (Rant Forewarned)

    Yeah my bill from 2 months is only 144 lol. Let me still be with vzw or att I'll be paying 300 real talk

    Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
  16. #41  

    Default Re: Sprint isn't worth the money (Rant Forewarned)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    I don't get it either.

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) available - the Galaxy S3!
    I'm sure you have to talked to CS right? But for all intents and purposes....how much are you paying and how much does it fluctuate?
  17. #42  

    Default Re: Sprint isn't worth the money (Rant Forewarned)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    I'm sure you have to talked to CS right? But for all intents and purposes....how much are you paying and how much does it fluctuate?
    I don't have them any more but they kept saying the local taxes and fees kept changing and said to blame my local govt. Then was told because i went to the next county over i got hit with their taxes as well, even though i didn't make a call there

    I just don't buy that

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
  18. #43  

    Default Re: Sprint isn't worth the money (Rant Forewarned)

    Sprint has always done me right! 13 years and counting!

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  19. #44  

    Default Re: Sprint isn't worth the money (Rant Forewarned)

    Just because you took over your own bills doesnt mean you had to leave sprint.
    Thats like saying your mom let you drive the mini van but now that you moved out you can never drive a mini van and must get a truck. If your paying your own bills you can go with what ever carrier you want. It also helps us to provide us with more info so we can put that into the correct context. By simply telling us you were happy with ATT and left them we dont know you left because you were taken off your parents bill and started to pay your own stuff. Thats a valid reason to leave but with out knowing that its easy for me to guess that you left for any number of reasons. Or in my case wonder why you left at all.
    I also stand by my comment about you having no service at your apartment and always roaming. I am thinking, hoping, you have learned a valuable lesson in life. When it comes to sales people they can and sometimes do have a tendency to stretch the truth. Was this a Sprint Corporate store, 3rd party, online, telesales, some guy on craigslist selling sprint service, radio shack, best buy?
    The level of info people tell you is often reflected in the organization they work for and are directly trained with. I used to manage a 3rd party Nextel Service Center and i was on top of our training. But i heard so many stories from my customers about how other places similar to ours were clue less. I find that corporate stores tend to have the best trained people but they also cant bend any rules what so ever. So its a give and take. I know if i was testing a device for a new carrier and if one of the 2 places i spend most of my time, work or home, had bad, poor or no signal i wouldnt stick with that carrier.
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+
  20. #45  
    ScandaLeX's Avatar

    Posts
    485 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Sprint isn't worth the money (Rant Forewarned)

    The only thing I got out of this is the service didn't suddenly get bad on day 21 when you were "trying" to return it. At home you would have known immediately it didn't meet your needs. Maybe I'm missing something but it's just not clear why it took you 3 weeks instead of let's say 48 hrs.

    What does seem clear is you were going to use the phone for a month then just cancel anyway in 30 days.

    Sent from my WHITE S'NOTE using Tapatalk 2
  21. #46  
    jonathanm1978's Avatar
    Super-elite full-time dad

    Posts
    274 Posts
    ROM
    Me: WickedSens 4.1.1

    Default Re: Sprint isn't worth the money (Rant Forewarned)

    30 days? I thought it was 14...after that, you're locked??
  22. #47  

    Default Re: Sprint isn't worth the money (Rant Forewarned)

    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    30 days? I thought it was 14...after that, you're locked??
    Your correct. I think the only way you get beyond the 14 day return window (if you purchased thru Sprint) is to buy thru Best Buy which has a 30 day return window policy.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central





  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

    Default Re: Sprint isn't worth the money (Rant Forewarned)

    Quote Originally Posted by IAmSixNine View Post
    Just because you took over your own bills doesnt mean you had to leave sprint.
    Thats like saying your mom let you drive the mini van but now that you moved out you can never drive a mini van and must get a truck. If your paying your own bills you can go with what ever carrier you want. It also helps us to provide us with more info so we can put that into the correct context. By simply telling us you were happy with ATT and left them we dont know you left because you were taken off your parents bill and started to pay your own stuff. Thats a valid reason to leave but with out knowing that its easy for me to guess that you left for any number of reasons. Or in my case wonder why you left at all.
    I also stand by my comment about you having no service at your apartment and always roaming. I am thinking, hoping, you have learned a valuable lesson in life. When it comes to sales people they can and sometimes do have a tendency to stretch the truth. Was this a Sprint Corporate store, 3rd party, online, telesales, some guy on craigslist selling sprint service, radio shack, best buy?
    The level of info people tell you is often reflected in the organization they work for and are directly trained with. I used to manage a 3rd party Nextel Service Center and i was on top of our training. But i heard so many stories from my customers about how other places similar to ours were clue less. I find that corporate stores tend to have the best trained people but they also cant bend any rules what so ever. So its a give and take. I know if i was testing a device for a new carrier and if one of the 2 places i spend most of my time, work or home, had bad, poor or no signal i wouldnt stick with that carrier.
    Yes, I guess you can say I learned a lesson that I need to make sure and read the policy for myself next time. I think the fact that I can use my wifi is part of the reason that I don't mind the phone at my apartment. Now as far as stretching the truth, the LTE should prove you exactly wrong. Go look at the LTE map for Sprint, go ahead and test said current map over Dallas. I can promise more than 80% of the map is false. In fact a Sprint employee told me that and I quote here, "I show you having perfect 4G in your area." but that's odd because the Sprint store I went to down the street says they have yet to see 4G? Seems pretty far fetched from the truth in my opinion. Yes I went to a authorized retailer, the employee did say he was from a different store at the time I bought the phones. I've never said I wasn't going to move back to AT&T it's more of a quote like this.... lol.

    "my mom drives a lamborghini, she let me use it for a while, then when I started taking over my bills she told me time for a new car that I can afford. Well, being that I am on a budget and paying for everything else the Lambo wasn't affordable so I tried the gas guzzler truck, and now I'm stuck in the mud with 2 wheel drive because the front differential is broken and doesn't work, but don't worry it's being fixed." they advertised unlimited everything. Now I know why everything is unlimited lol because I'm paying more money than I can get use out of. as far as rooting. I can't wait lol I need to find a download for a mac. because I am only going to roam when I get in my apartment. I'm going to tell them all my phone does is roam at my apartment and I don't want those dumb boxes unless they work on the supposidly 4G network. Sure the network might be the best in the next 5 years because the deal doesn't get completed until Mid 2013. doesn't matter how much band they recieve from any of those companies it's how fast they can convert the technology on exsisting towers and how has that gone? lol not very good as many can tell. 4G speeds compared to Verizon and AT&T? lol I feel like some people don't have a clue as to what they are talking about.
    Last edited by Subsound; 11-13-2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: typo's/errors
    ("CEO - Android Central") was revoked from my signature. Guess they should edit you cannot joke in your signature either
  24. #49  
    kg4icg's Avatar

    Posts
    326 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

    Default Re: Sprint isn't worth the money (Rant Forewarned)

    Quote Originally Posted by Subsound View Post
    Yes, I guess you can say I learned a lesson that I need to make sure and read the policy for myself next time. I think the fact that I can use my wifi is part of the reason that I don't mind the phone at my apartment. Now as far as stretching the truth, the LTE should prove you exactly wrong. Go look at the LTE map for Sprint, go ahead and test said current map over Dallas. I can promise more than 80% of the map is false. In fact a Sprint employee told me that and I quote here, "I show you having perfect 4G in your area." but that's odd because the Sprint store I went to down the street says they have yet to see 4G? Seems pretty far fetched from the truth in my opinion. Yes I went to a authorized retailer, the employee did say he was from a different store at the time I bought the phones. I've never said I wasn't going to move back to AT&T it's more of a quote like this.... lol.

    "my mom drives a lamborghini, she let me use it for a while, then when I started taking over my bills she told me time for a new car that I can afford. Well, being that I am on a budget and paying for everything else the Lambo wasn't affordable so I tried the gas guzzler truck, and now I'm stuck in the mud with 2 wheel drive because the front differential is broken and doesn't work, but don't worry it's being fixed." they advertised unlimited everything. Now I know why everything is unlimited lol because I'm paying more money than I can get use out of. as far as rooting. I can't wait lol I need to find a download for a mac. because I am only going to roam when I get in my apartment. I'm going to tell them all my phone does is roam at my apartment and I don't want those dumb boxes unless they work on the supposidly 4G network. Sure the network might be the best in the next 5 years because the deal doesn't get completed until Mid 2013. doesn't matter how much band they recieve from any of those companies it's how fast they can convert the technology on exsisting towers and how has that gone? lol not very good as many can tell. 4G speeds compared to Verizon and AT&T? lol I feel like some people don't have a clue as to what they are talking about.
    Why are you looking at the Sprint map instead of the Sensorly map. It will give you a better idea of LTE coverage in the Dallas area. Sensorly.com and selct Sprint 4G

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    3348b76f
    Thanked by 2:
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  

    Default Re: Sprint isn't worth the money (Rant Forewarned)

    Quote Originally Posted by sircody View Post
    I have 6 phones on my Sprint unlimited everything and Bill is the same every month and in fact it was reduced a little. And if everyone would be Patient, as it's said, Good Things come to those who wait, it is going to make all the Switchers away from sprint regret big time.
    Sprint has Controlling shares of Clearwire and with Softbank putting just over $8 Billion Dollars on the LTE Network and the Comments from the other Carriers, Sprint is and will be Bigger then all the other guys, and Sprint Honestly has been the First to have any and all new to the Cell Business, 3g, 4g and too many to list.
    The Wealthiest Man to build the Biggest Cell company in Japan etc will have no other Goal but the same or Better with Sprint.
    Yep, Sprint is set, even after posting losses of subscribers. Sprint will be bigger? maybe if you add the subscribers from the two carriers combined. which is really a refelction for Softbank not Sprint. And across the world it would only be the 3rd largest still trailing Verizon and some other China Company.. as far as the United States it doesn't help their chances maybe they can roll out more of their network but still would be trailing Verizon and AT&T in coverage.

    "On October 14, 2012, it was announced that the Japanese telecommunications company SoftBank will purchase 70% of Sprint Nextel Corporation for $20.1 billion.[1] SoftBank says Sprint will remain a separate entity and it will not switch Sprint from CDMA to GSM and will continue their plans to make Sprint an all-LTE carrier by 2017.[11] The deal is expected to be completed in the second quarter of 2013"
    ("CEO - Android Central") was revoked from my signature. Guess they should edit you cannot joke in your signature either
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Will the Sprint GS3 be worth an upgrade?
    By dcraig in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-24-2012, 03:53 PM
  2. Will the Sprint GS3 be worth an upgrade?
    By dcraig in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-24-2012, 03:53 PM
  3. Will the laptop dock/other docks be worth the money?
    By rockerjockey in forum AT&T ATRIX
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2011, 05:06 PM

Posting Permissions

B