Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree24Likes

Default Re: Sprint isn't worth the money (Rant Forewarned)

Quote Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
    Wow why didn't I think of that.... :rolleyes:
    No clue but some people just have to be told by someone like me I guess :rolleyes:

I didn't like when I had att and they started to throttle.. Did I run to forums and rant? Nope.. Switched. Easy as that. Sure most won't want to pay an ETF but a contract is a contract... At least with Sprint you can force roam and they will boot you so no ETF.

Also in this day and age finding information is a Google click away.. If you research you know Sprints network is definitely not the best.. So researching how it is in your area before buying is the smart thing to do.. I have family with Sprint so I knew we had pretty good coverage and ok enough data to stream music and I can even stream Netflix as long as I let it buffer for 45 seconds at the start..

All these issues can be avoided by simply researching and not running out and impulse buying and then wondering why you got what you got.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

ROM
    clean rom ics

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I've always wondered.. How much does Sprint charge for one?

Nothing if you complain enough about bad service at your home. Not even a monthly fee. You do have to return it when you are done however. But if you demand one without their tech support offering you one, it is like $99 for the device and $20 pr month..... Or be like me. Say that you are going to leave Sprint because of bad service in the #1 place you use the cell, at home. They will send you to account services (retention) who can offer you one at no cost but calls going over it are not unlimited. They come out of your monthly minutes. Now if you forked over the cash for the device and pay extra each month you do get unlimited calling while connected to the airave.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2
    If at first you don't succeed, then sky driving is not for you.

Just got off the phone with Sprint, at home I used to get 2 to 3 bars depending on the phone but 6 months ago it went in the hopper 0 bars and roaming(about the time they started upgrading the towers in my area(35 miles west of Philly) any hoo sprint is sending out an Air rave no questions or hassle. A+ from me!

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I talked with Sprint online about the AirRave. They told me ill have to call (but noted my account about our conversation) but they are pretty sure I'll get for free.. I am shocked as this is my first interactions with them. I just explained my concerns while I'm at the house since I get good service in Jacksonville but where my house is i get one bar usually and experience issued with texts and calls. I am happy to know ill most likely get it for free.. I will follow up here once I call them about it.. But from how the online chat went I think it'll be good.

Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You don't have to threaten anyone at Sprint to get an Airrave; it's not that serious. They've been passing these things out like candy for years. All you have to do is call them and talk sensibly explaining your service has degraded.

sprint 3g speeds in Metairie, Louisiana outside new Orleans with good service.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sprint isn't worth the money (Rant Forewarned)-uploadfromtaptalk1355555275463.jpg  
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

My last test

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sprint isn't worth the money (Rant Forewarned)-uploadfromtaptalk1355555453862.jpg  

I have had Sprint for the last 8 years and have their unlimited data from day one. Started with a BlackBerry, feathered it to my laptop, used an insane amount of data, never a word from sprint.

For the last 3 years I have been on my epic 4g running custom ROMs with hotspot hacked, with 2 laptops and 2 kindle fires tethered almost every night, and still not a word from sprint about data usage.

I couldn't be happier with my service and signal at my house. I also use the Nav, Pandora, Netflix constantly without issue...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234