Sprint isn't worth the money (Rant Forewarned)

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
They sure wouldn't let me 'have' one. I argued and argued.
The 'poor signal' argument didn't work because the only reason you need it is if you have a poor signal. "If you had good signal, you wouldn't buy it".
I threatened to leave, sent me to retentions, still had to pay. Had been a customer for about 5 yrs at the time.
And, it was because I had moved. I had a great signal at my old house.

I called 3 times complaining about my signal at my home. After the 3rd prl update they offered the airave to me for free. I didn't even have to ask. It was offered and was free. I didn't even have to pay shipping.

jonathanm1978

Super-elite full-time dad
Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
You must have a broadband internet connection and it can't be a satellite internet provider either..or the Airave won't work.

I just got the Airave 2.5 in yesterday and still have the Airave 2.0 that I have to send back in to them...but I've had ALL 3...the Samsung, the Airvana (2.0) and now the Airvana 2.5.

And if you want to buy one without spending lots of time on the phone complaining, you can also purchase it for $99...depending on circumstance.

When I went from the samsung to the Airvana, there wasn't a problem with the Samsung -- and I had received it free of charge...but I wanted the 3G version. So I had to pay, since there wasn't anything wrong...

But the newest one that I just got in, there was something wrong with the 2.0 and they sent me the 2.5 free of charge because of the problem.
I told the rep that I would just do without the Airave, but I roam all the time if the Airave isn't on at home...and i don't want to violate my terms. (I actually KNOW that my service isn't great, and I still want to stick with Sprint -- go figure.)

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I had Sprint,i got tired of the lies.

Now I'm on t mobile their unlimited plan for 90, but it still comes out cheaper than Sprint's 80 dollar plan.

Oh yeah,i forgot to mention i had a 25% discount with Sprint and a 15% discount with t mobile but t mobile comes out cheaper....

Sprint plays a lot of games with their billing

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) available - the galaxy S III!

4 Star General

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Everything Unlimited plan = no game playing with bill...
I had Sprint,i got tired of the lies.

Now I'm on t mobile their unlimited plan for 90, but it still comes out cheaper than Sprint's 80 dollar plan.

Oh yeah,i forgot to mention i had a 25% discount with Sprint and a 15% discount with t mobile but t mobile comes out cheaper....

Sprint plays a lot of games with their billing

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I didn't know Sprint played games... My bill is the same month to month :confused:

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I had sprint here in Fresno, CA and lemme tell you something???it is down right atrocious. I had it for a year and just couldn't deal with it. In the heart of my town I would MAYBE have 1 bar and data? Forget about it. After switching to over priced Verizon I'm back with at&t and couldn't be happier.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
My bill has been consistent for 9 months and plus they show what they charge u like EVERYBODY else do I pay around 90 or 95 a month maybe more if I bill stuff to my account

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I had a 25% discount, but STILL ended up paying 80 a month

Sucks for you I guess. As I said my bill is always 91-92 bucks..give or take some change for taxes (att did the same thing) Except this month it will be a little more since I set slacker to renew using sprint.

Subsound

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Location Location Location.
Im in Dallas, on Sprint with my GS3. I can go from down town dallas (residence) to north east dallas (work) about a 20 minute drive while streaming pandora with no issues.
I can do the same on the return trip, which due to traffic i take an alternate route usually. Dallas LTE build out is still far from over but while on 3G i still get to stream pandora.
As far as roaming at your apartment. You should have noticed that day 1. So as a good consumer why did you not address this sooner. 14 days or 30 days.. You should have known you were roaming the 1st day you got home and used your device.. Why did you leave ATT in the first place is you were happy getting your 3-4 gigs a month?
Sounds like you didnt do your homework as a consumer then instead of taking responsibility your blaming someone else, spirnt in this case for your problems.

Because I have wifi I MUST use that in my apartment, When I get LTE in the outlining area's I don't have any complaints. I left AT&T because I am now paying all of my own bills and took it from my parents. You say it like I wanted to leave lmfao. But in response to the blaming someone else. I wouldn't have to if I was told the correct amount of days. As a matter of fact I tried to cancel the service on the 21st day. I was "test driving" the service. I don't see how you can find negligence on my part if I was TRYING to give them a chance? Don't all consumers try before they buy? (when applicable) I don't see how that statement makes sense, because that's exactly what I was doing? Sure you can read reveiws but I'm sure YOU don't take everyone else's word for it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Because I have wifi I MUST use that in my apartment, When I get LTE in the outlining area's I don't have any complaints. I left AT&T because I am now paying all of my own bills and took it from my parents. You say it like I wanted to leave lmfao. But in response to the blaming someone else. I wouldn't have to if I was told the correct amount of days. As a matter of fact I tried to cancel the service on the 21st day. I was "test driving" the service. I don't see how you can find negligence on my part if I was TRYING to give them a chance? Don't all consumers try before they buy? (when applicable) I don't see how that statement makes sense, because that's exactly what I was doing? Sure you can read reveiws but I'm sure YOU don't take everyone else's word for it.

I can't blame you ... as you are correct. Reviews might not be for your neck of the woods so I can understand the frustration. I would raise a lot more of my concerns if you really want to cancel and tell them you were miss-informed and this isn't your fault. I wouldn't cuss or anything since that will not get you anywhere... but talk to a manager and try. If that fails ... root your phone, force roam, and make them void the contract. Those are your only options atm.

sircody

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I have 6 phones on my Sprint unlimited everything and Bill is the same every month and in fact it was reduced a little. And if everyone would be Patient, as it's said, Good Things come to those who wait, it is going to make all the Switchers away from sprint regret big time.
Sprint has Controlling shares of Clearwire and with Softbank putting just over $8 Billion Dollars on the LTE Network and the Comments from the other Carriers, Sprint is and will be Bigger then all the other guys, and Sprint Honestly has been the First to have any and all new to the Cell Business, 3g, 4g and too many to list.
The Wealthiest Man to build the Biggest Cell company in Japan etc will have no other Goal but the same or Better with Sprint.

Last edited:

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I have 6 phones on my Sprint unlimited everything and Bill is the same every month and in fact it was reduced a little. And if everyone would be Patient, as it's said, Good Things come to those who wait, it is going to make all the Switchers away from sprint regret big time.
Sprint has Controlling shares of Clearwire and with Softbank putting just over 8 Million Dollars on the LTE Network and the Comments from the other Carriers, Sprint is and will be Bigger then all the other guys, and Sprint Honestly has been the First to have any and all new to the Cell Business, 3g, 4g and too many to list.
The Wealthiest Man to build the Biggest Cell company in Japan etc will have no other Goal but the same or Better with Sprint.

I think you mean 8 billion.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I think it's obvious Sprint was playing games with me

That's what we are saying.. They may have been doing some weird things with your bill but it isn't the normal. Not sure why they would do it to you though.. That's what baffles me.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
That's what we are saying.. They may have been doing some weird things with your bill but it isn't the normal. Not sure why they would do it to you though.. That's what baffles me.

I don't get it either.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah my bill from 2 months is only 144 lol. Let me still be with vzw or att I'll be paying 300 real talk

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams