Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

Default Re: For those of you with battery life problems...

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    Joe, could you post a pic of your brick.....errr.....battery please! Thanks!
    Taken with my ty iPod Touch camera.
    Attachment 45600
    Attachment 45601

Quote Originally Posted by Joe113 View Post
    Taken with my ty iPod Touch camera.
    Attachment 45600
    Attachment 45601
    **Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator**

ipod pictures are not allowed in here Joe!!! Please try again. loL!
    Thanked by:
    Mikey47, Skunkape60 and Tkbredx like this.

I would HIGHLY recommend getting the Hyperion Extended Battery (4200mAh). I just received mine yesterday and I freakn love this thing. Non-stop texting all day, played some Angry Birds, went on Twitter multiple times, Instagram as well, browsed the web a bit and have Google Now on and all its features.

Sent from my JellyBeaned GS3 using Android Central Forums
    Most of us bought the s3 for its slick form factor. Adding a bulky battery ruins it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

Quote Originally Posted by vz3j84 View Post
    Most of us bought the s3 for its slick form factor. Adding a bulky battery ruins it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    If you buy a phone for its "slick form factor" then that's just dumb IMO. I bought this bc it is basically a computer that can fit in my pocket.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

If you buy a phone for its "slick form factor" then that's just dumb IMO. I bought this bc it is basically a computer that can fit in my pocket.
    I feel the same way buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    I feel the same way buddy!
    Me 3!!!!

Slick form factor +1

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by bdmridgback View Post
    Me 3!!!!

Slick form factor +1

Me 4!!!!

Sent from my SGS3!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

lolol thank you!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

This thing is damn amazing!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails For those of you with battery life problems...-uploadfromtaptalk1352788987895.jpg  
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

49 hrs nd 10 min. I wanna marry this battery lmao.
    Retired Ambassador

49 hrs nd 10 min. I wanna marry this battery lmao.
    Dude, enough with the advertising.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

I can't believe this but (using stock battery) I am currently at 1 day 15 hours and I still have 30%... I am going to post a screen shot when it gets really low like 5% and see how long it's gonna last! Note: My longest life I've had was 1 day 6 hours. I beat that. Here we go!

Quote Originally Posted by DILIG3NT View Post
    I can't believe this but (using stock battery) I am currently at 1 day 15 hours and I still have 30%... I am going to post a screen shot when it gets really low like 5% and see how long it's gonna last! Note: My longest life I've had was 1 day 6 hours. I beat that. Here we go!
    Diligent, can you kindly explain to us what you've done to get such good battery life??

Well I am stock unrooted. I turned off Google Now after I got 4.1 JB. I have brightness full, weather updated every 3 hours. Live windmill wallpaper set every 3 hours. FB sync, Gmail, Outlook sync on... I even have the news ticker on my lock screen on to update once a day. I am trying to think of all the other settings I have. I used to have voice commands on but realized they were draining my battery. I turned the Sprint optimizer off but it ALWAYS comes back on. Wifi always on unless I am out for the night I turn it off. GPS always on. data on. I used to have all the motions on but every one doesnt work well. so the ones I have on are Direct Call, Double Tap to Top, and palm swipe for screen capture. CDMA is on cause I don't have LTE in my area yet. NFC off unless I wanna use it. Power saving mode OFF. Location Services all of besides use GPS satellites. OK I think I covered EVERYTHING. If you think I missed a setting please let me know. Note I have push for my outlook and get 100's of emails a day and this thing is still beastin. I honestly can't believe. So far I used FB a dozen times, checked email, gmail outlook etc, text messaging, phone call's.. I honestly can't believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by DILIG3NT View Post
    Well I am stock unrooted. I turned off Google Now after I got 4.1 JB. I have brightness full, weather updated every 3 hours. Live windmill wallpaper set every 3 hours. FB sync, Gmail, Outlook sync on... I even have the news ticker on my lock screen on to update once a day. I am trying to think of all the other settings I have. I used to have voice commands on but realized they were draining my battery. I turned the Sprint optimizer off but it ALWAYS comes back on. Wifi always on unless I am out for the night I turn it off. GPS always on. data on. I used to have all the motions on but every one doesnt work well. so the ones I have on are Direct Call, Double Tap to Top, and palm swipe for screen capture. CDMA is on cause I don't have LTE in my area yet. NFC off unless I wanna use it. Power saving mode OFF. Location Services all of besides use GPS satellites. OK I think I covered EVERYTHING. If you think I missed a setting please let me know. Note I have push for my outlook and get 100's of emails a day and this thing is still beastin. I honestly can't believe. So far I used FB a dozen times, checked email, gmail outlook etc, text messaging, phone call's.. I honestly can't believe it.
    You didn't do a reset/reformat by any chance?!?!

Nope. Never. Just restarts whenever applicable.

OK GUYS, HERE IS WHERE I AM AT SO FAR! I AM FREAKIN! LOVE MY GS3!!!!For those of you with battery life problems...-screenshot_2012-11-14-14-02-28.png
    Last edited by DILIG3NT; 11-14-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

I have the hyperion 4200mah battery and yes the battery life is great(1 day 10 hrs average) but you can't take pictures or record videos that require the use of flash, if you do the pics/vids will have a white haze surrounding it, and the fact that no one has mentioned this in their praise for this battery is baffling, I love the battery life but I want to take pictures and record video in low light situations, I'm thinking of getting the mophie juice pack I keep hearing about

Problem with a battery like this is that it probably isn't NFC enabled. You pretty much need the Samsung OEM battery. I use Google Wallet all of the time. That alone would be a deal killer for me.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

Quote Originally Posted by 42rj21 View Post
    Problem with a battery like this is that it probably isn't NFC enabled. You pretty much need the Samsung OEM battery. I use Google Wallet all of the time. That alone would be a deal killer for me.
    Read before you post some dumb stuff like this. It DOES have NFC, I used Google Wallet the other day at my local gas station.

Read before you post some dumb stuff like this. It DOES have NFC, I used Google Wallet the other day at my local gas station.
    Cool. Most of the extended batteries that I've looked at on Amazon didn't seem to have it. I didn't care to look this one up. I didn't see anywhere in this thread mentioning NFC, Google Wallet, etc. Anyway, have fun with the battery.

I'm kinda surprised nobody has called you out for being so rude...basically calling people dumb. It's bordering on flaming...and there are more reasonable ways of pointing out errors or stating your opinion.
    Thanked by 3:

Well said.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

Sooooo sorry, my deepest apologies......

Battery life on my s3 is still bad with the stock battery.

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts
    ROM
    clean rom ics

No battery has NFC. NFC is in the phone. However, NFC does require a large antenna, which has been placed on the battery do to space restrictions. I hate the fact that battery companies use the fact that people don't know this (for the most part) and charge out the *** for what is an increase production cost of about 5 cents to add that antenna. Did your "pay pass" credit card cost you anymore then the normal one?

Damn auto correct. You always end up posting some thong you didn't Nintendo.
    If at first you don't succeed, then sky driving is not for you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12