Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: JB battery!

Quote Originally Posted by vz3j84 View Post
    My JB update came today at 11. After update I had 75%. At 2pm I got down to 20% with about 15 min of usage.

- - - Updated - - -

My JB update came today at 11. After update I had 75%. At 2pm I got down to 20% with about 15 min of usage.
    Join the club and happy reading!

This is after 20 min on standby. It lookd like it never goed to sleep mode.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JB battery!-uploadfromtaptalk1352583860573.jpg  

ROM
    LIH Jelly Bean Leak

Try removing your battery for a minute and then reboot. Sometimes you get a rogue program that just needs to shut down.
    HTC Touch2 -> Palm Pre -> HTC Evo4G -> Samsung Epic 4G Touch -> Samsung Galaxy S3 -> Samsung Galaxy Note 3

No result after battery removal. Media (whatever that is ) kills battery from 100 to 53 in 2.5 hrs with phone not being touched. Phone is unusable .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Sprint wanted to be the first in US with JB update but they dropped the ball.

Retired Ambassador

Sprint wanted to be the first in US with JB update but they dropped the ball.

Factory reset it.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Ok, I reset me device, nothing.

I reformatted the SD card, works some.

I removed my music, formatted my card, and did a hard reset.

OMG! My battery lasts 30+ hours now, 4 hours of screen time, no auto brightness used. No media battery drain.

I am convinced that after each major update, these need to be reformatted.

Look at it this way: When a website like legitreviews.com review a new grafix card for a PC, they do a complete reset. They never leave old drivers in place, and just add software. Each time anything is changed, they reformat.

These phones are just PC's now. When you do a major software over haul, some program is bound to not work right. I reinstalled ALL of my previous apps. Any game saves, I just have to re earn them. besides, anything can be backed up to an SD card.

If your battery life sucks, do it! Hard rest, start over, you will enjoy it. I am not so sure why I was so freaked out about a reformat. I reformat my PC every 6 months, so I will now treat my phone like the PC it is.

This is a well known issue with the update. Take your media files, and your pics, that kind of stuff. In one of those .andoid type folders, is a file that corrupted with jelly bean. Reformatting the SD card helps.

Welcome to the world of horrendous, not well tested OS rollouts. I ate it with my SII when I went from GB to ICS. From 30+ hours to 4 or less, with everything turned off. Sprint never fixed anything. I had to turn things off, install Juice Defender, etc. While battery life on my kids phone is now better, it still stinks. Now they keep hassling me to install JB on my ICS SIII phone, I keep saying no. Wish they would leave me be with my ICS. My phone rocks and it seems like samsung and Spring just want to mess me over, again, with my new phone. I'm very sick of it. I say, if you tell the upgrade "no", it should stay that way and you should be left alone with the OS you like. I am bothered constantly with notices to upgrade to JB and I feel like they keep doing it until you screw up and say "yes". Disgusting.

They dropped the ball with ICS from GB too. Sick and tired of poor roll-outs. They need to stop, people pay as much for these phones as they do laptops. This kind of stuff is for crap.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you restart your phone after the update? Even so, let your battery run all the way down, then charge it for an hour or so past indicating full. Do this a couple of times to condition the battery. Actually, this should be done with every new battery to "condition" it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntchwaidumela View Post
    Did you restart your phone after the update? Even so, let your battery run all the way down, then charge it for an hour or so past indicating full. Do this a couple of times to condition the battery. Actually, this should be done with every new battery to "condition" it.
    I restarted a few times with battery out, recalibrated battery,
    Nothing worked. Then I just took the SD card out. Batt life improved. I do not how much it improved yet. Media is not the biggest consumer anymore.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

Battery life improved a lot after reformatting the sd card. I think it is better than ICS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12