Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default JB battery!

Ok here's a screen shot of my bat stat... my battery on ics would last me 6 am till 10 pm and is have 30 percent left... on jb I'm draining quicker with more settings set to off!
    I also cannot get rid of an extra home screen, it crashes! I keep getting squiggly lines threw my Swype keyboard! Any input?!

And I do not have an external sd installed!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JB battery!-uploadfromtaptalk1352337902022.jpg   JB battery!-uploadfromtaptalk1352337912157.jpg  

Default Re: JB battery!

So it sounds like at 8 PM you have 34% instead of 10 PM with 30%.... And JB runs more features than ICS..... That sounds like ok battery to me. I have been drinking so I may be wrong but... Don't think so.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Am I correct in seeing that you started the day with 90% battery? Other than that, with a WiFi connection, there isn't a reason for it to drain that fast.. Have you ran through a power cycle since the update to JB?
    jcountryboy86 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

No I started with 100! Or so my led light and battery said 100! I'm thinking is not fully charging to 100 even though it says it is! I'm using less power and options than with ics. I have power saving enabled, complete with limit cpu. I'm not sure what the issue could be.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

My screen is unusually high for my settings, screen brightness is awfully low. Maybe 35 percent

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I just took it off the charger... only sent you guys a couple messages and I'm down 2 percent. Wtf... I see my battery WASN'T full even though it says it was. What's the problem errr

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JB battery!-uploadfromtaptalk1352376672393.jpg   JB battery!-uploadfromtaptalk1352376684887.jpg  
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by dea30 View Post
    I just took it off the charger... only sent you guys a couple messages and I'm down 2 percent. Wtf... I see my battery WASN'T full even though it says it was. What's the problem errr

That doesn't look all that bad. After about 4 hours post it again. Along with a screenshot of your screen on time.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Ok. Will do... I'm already at 89 percent and the phone has been on stand by. Errrr

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Here I am, 4 hours in... how's this looking? Mind you, my phone has been on stand by... left it in the table while I got some stuff done.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JB battery!-uploadfromtaptalk1352389611900.jpg   JB battery!-uploadfromtaptalk1352389624549.jpg  
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Anyone?!

Retired Ambassador

Anyone?!

It doesn't look that bad to me.

You need to post your screen on time. Tap on the word screen and take a screen shot.
    Thanked by:
    dea30 

Global Posts
    1,949 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

This kind of sucks. I've barely used my phone
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JB battery!-uploadfromtaptalk1352414887920.jpg   JB battery!-uploadfromtaptalk1352414895719.jpg  

ROM
    jellybeanLIH leak

yeah i also have been trying to extend my battery life since the update to,i stopped using powersave because it seemed to drain faster,hopefully there will be a battery script soon
    sprint gs3 jellybombed

Quote Originally Posted by Tkbredx View Post
    You dropped 20 percent in more than nine hours. That equals 47.5 hours of battery life!!! That's AMAZING!
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - Samsung Epic 4G - Palm Pre - Motorola Q - PCD XV6700/PPC-6700 - Hitachi SH-P300 - Sony Ericsson T608 - Samsung SPH-N200
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Here's more info on the screen

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JB battery!-uploadfromtaptalk1352417191014.jpg  
    Retired Ambassador

Here's more info on the screen

You got 3 hours of screen time. So you got basically 12 hours out of your phone with almost 4 hours of screen time. I don't see any reason to complain.
    Thanked by:
    dea30 
    Retired Ambassador

You are also getting pretty good battery. I have less than 2 hours screen time and less than 10 hours on my phone and am at 15% remaining.
    Thanked by:
    dea30 

Hey Skunk, do you have an idea what 'media server' exactly is?? Is it an app(s) searching for data or something like that or something else completely?? My daily routine is, I wake up with 100% battery life, have my 'music player' on the whole way to work and when I get to work, I usually have 98% battery life. Today when I get to work, I notice I have 92%!! I check battery stats and lo and behold, 'media server' is there at 12%. WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?!?!?! I'm starting to think its a rogue app that periodically drains battery life. Some more so than others!
    Gator352 likes this.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Ok I guess I'm being paranoid. Ics battery seemed to last longer with more features turned on... I wonder why the previous day my phone said 100 but was actually below, that. Odd

I can pretty much validate the claim that JB on this phone is bad on the battery. My phone heats up on a normal basis and I don't have a clue why. Im not sure if its JB in itself or just bad coding on Samsung or Sprints part when they receive JB. In pretty much tired of Android at this point though even the Nexus 4 is said to have poor battery life. Can't wait until Sprint gets one of those beautiful Windows phones.

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    Hey Skunk, do you have an idea what 'media server' exactly is?? Is it an app(s) searching for data or something like that or something else completely?? My daily routine is, I wake up with 100% battery life, have my 'music player' on the whole way to work and when I get to work, I usually have 98% battery life. Today when I get to work, I notice I have 92%!! I check battery stats and lo and behold, 'media server' is there at 12%. WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?!?!?! I'm starting to think its a rogue app that periodically drains battery life. Some more so than others!
    Same here but I don't listen to music on my phone. I use the Moto Command One BT headset for calls and for some reason it uses BT share and it shouldn't. Just that process alone cuts my batt life in half. If I kill the process, I get better batt life but as soon as I make/receive a call, it turns itself back on. And like you, at times for no reason, my batt life will drain fast. Really fast. And the culprit is.....wait for it.....Media Server. It pop on at random with no rhyme or reason and kills my batt life to almost hideous and ridiculous levels. So far, going into settings and killing the process helps but it's getting annoying.

Global Posts
    1,949 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    You are also getting pretty good battery. I have less than 2 hours screen time and less than 10 hours on my phone and am at 15% remaining.
    Yeah I guess. Lol. I think I'm just basing it off ICS. Android system and os are always super high now compared to before I was on jelly bean. Battery is still good though I guess
    Retired Ambassador

Yeah I guess. Lol. I think I'm just basing it off ICS. Android system and os are always super high now compared to before I was on jelly bean. Battery is still good though I guess
    You have to realize with each major update the os and system and add ons use more system resources. This is no different than your computer. As more advanced software comes out, your system requirements also change sometimes requiring hardware updates to run the new software.

You want advancement in the software but need to realize sometimes these advancements may put more stress on your hardware. While it may seem like something minor for a device connected to a power outlet. When you are relying on battery power any additional stress on the hardware effects battery performance.
    Thanked by:
    scipio11111 likes this.

My JB update came today at 11. After update I had 75%. At 2pm I got down to 20% with about 15 min of usage.

- - - Updated - - -

My JB update came today at 11. After update I had 75%. At 2pm I got down to 20% with about 15 min of usage.

Global Posts
    1,949 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    You have to realize with each major update the os and system and add ons use more system resources. This is no different than your computer. As more advanced software comes out, your system requirements also change sometimes requiring hardware updates to run the new software.

You want advancement in the software but need to realize sometimes these advancements may put more stress on your hardware. While it may seem like something minor for a device connected to a power outlet. When you are relying on battery power any additional stress on the hardware effects battery performance.
    True. Guess I never thought of it that way. Thought it was like another problem like gsiff_daemon. But yeah. That makes sense. Thanks skunk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast