Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Voice on Sprint not receiving incoming calls

So since the jellybean update, when i'm at work (or anywhere on wifi) i don't receive any incoming calls. After, i get my voicemail from the call i inevitably missed, but i'm never alerted to any calls. As soon as I turn wifi off, i can receive calls just like i'm supposed to. This inspired me to try some more trouble shooting. I uninstalled google voice and, again, things were great. So i reinstalled google voice (thinking maybe a fresh install would help) and...no dice. Back to the problem. This was never a problem on my old evo or even the GS3 before the update...So, i know there is a simple solution, take the google voice app off and everything will be just great. I shouldn't have to, though...is anyone else having this issue?

ROM
    Stock Rooted Jellybean

Default Re: Google Voice on Sprint not receiving incoming calls

I had this issue too. I tried uninstall/reinstall, etc, but nothing worked. Incoming calls wouldn't come through. So, I downgraded to the voicemail only option (Google Voice Lite), and have not had any issues since. I would have liked to use all the features, but VM is what I wanted the most.

Default Re: Google Voice on Sprint not receiving incoming calls

That's been happening to me too. I never thought it could be because of google voice. I just chaulked it up to crappy sprint service.
    I might need to try uninstalling GV to see.
    I did notice however, the other night, I was checking my e-mail via gmail, and my computer rang. Then, 3 seconds later, my phone rang.
    I think sometimes, by the time GV sends the call to sprint, then sprint to the phone, voicemail already picks up, so the phone never rings?