Using home button to "wake up" with Jellybean

leprechaunshawn

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I don?t remember what thread it was in but I remember a discussion about several members having problems with their home button not ?waking up? the screen. I was having the problem too. With ICS, pressing the home button would wake up the screen after it timed out. After updating to JB, pressing the home button after the screen timed out would return you to your home screen. I don?t remember seeing anybody post a fix for the problem, so I figured I would share the one I found by accident.

Factory Data Reset.

I was doing a reset to fix some major battery drain problems I was having after updating to JB and I?ve since noticed that my home button is behaving like it was before JB.

Hope this helps somebody who might have been having the same problem.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I don?t remember what thread it was in but I remember a discussion about several members having problems with their home button not ?waking up? the screen. I was having the problem too. With ICS, pressing the home button would wake up the screen after it timed out. After updating to JB, pressing the home button after the screen timed out would return you to your home screen. I don?t remember seeing anybody post a fix for the problem, so I figured I would share the one I found by accident.

Factory Data Reset.

I was doing a reset to fix some major battery drain problems I was having after updating to JB and I?ve since noticed that my home button is behaving like it was before JB.

Hope this helps somebody who might have been having the same problem.

I'm having this problem as well. Running Nova Launcher though. I think I might be able to fix it through Nova but I just don't know how lol.

stu5797

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
This is the thread I have been looking for! I hate this problem and I do not think a factory reset fixes it. It seems some people have this issue and some people dont. I think we all have a common app that is causeing this and I do not know which one. I hope someone can figure out this horrible problem!

insane42

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Same for me, I'm hoping someone finds a fix.

I do believe I've resolved this... Sorta.

Start SVoice and go to settings. Make sure "Activate on Home key" is checked.

Once I checked that back on (I turned it off early on when I got the phone), pressing the home key once just brought the screen back on like I expect. :)

Hope this works for everyone else!

chrdias

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Great that someone has found a fix for this issue - it was driving me crazy!
Unfortunately, I uninstalled S Voice a while back, as I couldn't see any practical use for it. I tried installing S Voice again (following instructions here ), so that I could change settings. However, upon installation the application doesn't appear in my apps drawer, and in Settings > program list, S Voice appears as "deactivated". Any ideas on how to activate it?
Thx :)

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, I uninstalled S Voice a while back, as I couldn't see any practical use for it. I tried installing S Voice again (following instructions here ), so that I could change settings. However, upon installation the application doesn't appear in my apps drawer, and in Settings > program list, S Voice appears as "deactivated". Any ideas on how to activate it?

Do you have a program such as titanium backup. If so you should be able to defrost it.

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I have S-voice turned off with home button and my home button wakes the phone up like it should back to what I was doing just like power button does.

No issues here.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Once I checked that back on (I turned it off early on when I got the phone), pressing the home key once just brought the screen back on like I expect. :)

Solved the issue for me! Thanks for the help!!!

hathetran

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

Go to menu > settings > application manager > scroll right to "all" > go to s Voice (it may be at the very bottom of the list > click it and hit enable. Hope that works for you

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

ZoneBlaze

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Awesome! Confirmed to be the fix. This inconvenience, though minor, have been driving me crazy!
Thanks!

remjenkins

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
problem with this is there is now that lag on all home presses. Also finding little spots of lag with stupid S voice on. Any way to work around this without enabling S voice?

Teniferman

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Worked for me!!! This site rocks!!! Thanks for figuring that out!:D

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Any widget locker users? You can fix this by setting default launcher as widget locker home helper and then choosing the launcher you use.

goldenratiio

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
i am having this same issue as well. i have a rooted device and i use the Paranoid Android rom. supposedly this is a known issue and it plans to be addressed by Samsung

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci