Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By insane42
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Using home button to "wake up" with Jellybean

I don’t remember what thread it was in but I remember a discussion about several members having problems with their home button not “waking up” the screen. I was having the problem too. With ICS, pressing the home button would wake up the screen after it timed out. After updating to JB, pressing the home button after the screen timed out would return you to your home screen. I don’t remember seeing anybody post a fix for the problem, so I figured I would share the one I found by accident.

Factory Data Reset.

I was doing a reset to fix some major battery drain problems I was having after updating to JB and I’ve since noticed that my home button is behaving like it was before JB.

Hope this helps somebody who might have been having the same problem.

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth [4.2.2]

Default Re: Using home button to "wake up" with Jellybean

Quote Originally Posted by thecorrigan44 View Post
    I don’t remember what thread it was in but I remember a discussion about several members having problems with their home button not “waking up” the screen. I was having the problem too. With ICS, pressing the home button would wake up the screen after it timed out. After updating to JB, pressing the home button after the screen timed out would return you to your home screen. I don’t remember seeing anybody post a fix for the problem, so I figured I would share the one I found by accident.

Factory Data Reset.

I was doing a reset to fix some major battery drain problems I was having after updating to JB and I’ve since noticed that my home button is behaving like it was before JB.

Hope this helps somebody who might have been having the same problem.
    I'm having this problem as well. Running Nova Launcher though. I think I might be able to fix it through Nova but I just don't know how lol.

I have this issue as well, but I do NOT want to factory reset....
    I will learn to love my Android devices! Long live webOS!

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    I have this issue as well, but I do NOT want to factory reset....
    Same for me, I'm hoping someone finds a fix.

This is the thread I have been looking for! I hate this problem and I do not think a factory reset fixes it. It seems some people have this issue and some people dont. I think we all have a common app that is causeing this and I do not know which one. I hope someone can figure out this horrible problem!

Sometimes my home button doesn't have any wake up effect unless I press it about 3 times first

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

Quote Originally Posted by Connert View Post
    Same for me, I'm hoping someone finds a fix.
    I do believe I've resolved this... Sorta.

Start SVoice and go to settings. Make sure "Activate on Home key" is checked.

Once I checked that back on (I turned it off early on when I got the phone), pressing the home key once just brought the screen back on like I expect. :-)

Hope this works for everyone else!
    I will learn to love my Android devices! Long live webOS!

Great that someone has found a fix for this issue - it was driving me crazy!
    Unfortunately, I uninstalled S Voice a while back, as I couldn't see any practical use for it. I tried installing S Voice again (following instructions ), so that I could change settings. However, upon installation the application doesn't appear in my apps drawer, and in Settings > program list, S Voice appears as "deactivated". Any ideas on how to activate it?
    Thx
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by chrdias View Post
    Unfortunately, I uninstalled S Voice a while back, as I couldn't see any practical use for it. I tried installing S Voice again (following instructions ), so that I could change settings. However, upon installation the application doesn't appear in my apps drawer, and in Settings > program list, S Voice appears as "deactivated". Any ideas on how to activate it?
    Thx
    Do you have a program such as titanium backup. If so you should be able to defrost it.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

I have S-voice turned off with home button and my home button wakes the phone up like it should back to what I was doing just like power button does.

No issues here.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Once I checked that back on (I turned it off early on when I got the phone), pressing the home key once just brought the screen back on like I expect. :-)

Solved the issue for me! Thanks for the help!!!

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrdias View Post
    Thx
    Go to menu > settings > application manager > scroll right to "all" > go to s Voice (it may be at the very bottom of the list > click it and hit enable. Hope that works for you

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Thx
    Worked after uninstalling program updates for S Voice. Then the 'Activate' button appeared

Awesome! Confirmed to be the fix. This inconvenience, though minor, have been driving me crazy!
    Thanks!

problem with this is there is now that lag on all home presses. Also finding little spots of lag with stupid S voice on. Any way to work around this without enabling S voice?

Worked for me!!! This site rocks!!! Thanks for figuring that out!

Quote Originally Posted by remjenkins View Post
    problem with this is there is now that lag on all home presses. Also finding little spots of lag with stupid S voice on. Any way to work around this without enabling S voice?
    Use the power button to turn the phone on, instead of the home key. Works for me.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Any widget locker users? You can fix this by setting default launcher as widget locker home helper and then choosing the launcher you use.

i am having this same issue as well. i have a rooted device and i use the Paranoid Android rom. supposedly this is a known issue and it plans to be addressed by Samsung
    Last edited by goldenratiio; 01-10-2013 at 08:17 AM.

Thumbs up Re: Using home button to "wake up" with Jellybean

Thank you so much for your post! It worked, this was driving me crazy!