Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By shaneontherocks
  • 2 Post By Ryu Lee
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stock Alarm Clock Only stay on for 1 minute?

Anyone else have this issue? No matter what settings I change the alarm only stays on for 30 seconds to 1 minute. I don't understand why.

Someone please help!
    Ryu Lee likes this.

Global Posts
    6,908 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Default Re: Stock Alarm Clock Only stay on for 1 minute?

I haven't ever needed it to go longer than a couple of seconds to wake me up...and usually it's the quiet alarm that wakes me. Maybe try out some alarm clock from the Play store?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I really like the stock app and don't prefer using another app. I wish I was a light sleeper like you. Anyone know if this is a known bug?

I don't think this is a bug. I have the same problem. What I do is set the most obnoxious, loudest alarm/ringtone/notification sound as my alarm and I put my phone on my iPad (or whatever else I might have on my night stand) with the speaker hanging off of of the iPad (or whatever else I have on my night stand) so the sound of the alarm will be loud as possible.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yea I use my tablet too. When I am home I am good but when I am not I am F$&%^#ED! lol. 1 minute is NOT LONG ENOUGH!
    Ryu Lee likes this.

I agree with the above comment, something annoying as hell will always make you wake up.. I have mine set on bugs story, which is a stock ringtone, but i'm sure through the Zedge app or others, you could find an air horn, police siren, gunshots, something else that'll leave you no choice but to wake up
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

F that Tat. I don't wanna wake up and punch the girl sleeping next to me! bwhaha. SOMEONE TELL ME PLEASE HOW TO KEEP THIS THANG ON LONGER THAN 1 FREAKIN MINUTE!
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by DILIG3NT View Post
    F that Tat. I don't wanna wake up and punch the girl sleeping next to me! bwhaha. SOMEONE TELL ME PLEASE HOW TO KEEP THIS THANG ON LONGER THAN 1 FREAKIN MINUTE!
    Try creating your own alarm tone that is longer than a minute in length. I don't know if that will work or not but it is worth a try.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

hmm that's a least a work around till Sammy wakes up and lets us choose how long of duration we want it to be! I have the ocean sounding alarm and I love it but it stops when it shouldn't.
    Ryu Lee likes this.

I've been encountering exactly the same problem. Thank you for raising it up!