Screen won't turn back on unless battery removed.

epic210

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had this problem for a while and I think it was pre-jellybean as well. The whole time I've had my phone since July its only happened about 5 times. In this instances when I turn my screen off and try turning it back on, it won't respond at all. Power and home button are useless. In this last case, I had just turned on my phone less than 10 minutes ago so there wasn't any apps running except for Facebook which would eliminate a faulty app to my knowledge. I have an invisible shield so none of the sensors are being blocked. Has anyone else had this issue as well or know of a possible cause of this issue?

ken oconnell

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Had this issue last night ona replacement S3 just activated. Happened on original S3 also. Assuming I inadvertantly activated a screen lock of some type so I am looking into deactivating those.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
A screen lock shouldn't prevent the power key from turning it on.

epic, the only suggestion I have is to do a factory reset and see if it still happens with a completely clean phone, with no apps installed. If so, it sounds like a hardware / firmware issue, and probably needs to be addressed under warranty. Ken, if your problem is happening before you've installed any 3rd party apps, I think you need to tell Sprint / Assurian they sent you a bum phone.