- 31 Posts
Screen won't turn back on unless battery removed.
I've had this problem for a while and I think it was pre-jellybean as well. The whole time I've had my phone since July its only happened about 5 times. In this instances when I turn my screen off and try turning it back on, it won't respond at all. Power and home button are useless. In this last case, I had just turned on my phone less than 10 minutes ago so there wasn't any apps running except for Facebook which would eliminate a faulty app to my knowledge. I have an invisible shield so none of the sensors are being blocked. Has anyone else had this issue as well or know of a possible cause of this issue?
- 01-29-2013, 07:49 AM #2
- 01-29-2013, 07:58 AM #3
Re: Screen won't turn back on unless battery removed.
A screen lock shouldn't prevent the power key from turning it on.
epic, the only suggestion I have is to do a factory reset and see if it still happens with a completely clean phone, with no apps installed. If so, it sounds like a hardware / firmware issue, and probably needs to be addressed under warranty. Ken, if your problem is happening before you've installed any 3rd party apps, I think you need to tell Sprint / Assurian they sent you a bum phone.
- By jrwatson in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 30Last Post: 06-21-2015, 08:19 AM
- By jaykil in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 7Last Post: 03-24-2014, 05:43 PM
- By DearAmandaAnne in forum HTC EVO Design 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 05-05-2013, 12:58 AM
- By Obtik in forum Verizon Droid ChargeReplies: 5Last Post: 05-05-2012, 04:36 AM
- By tarthrin in forum AT&T Nitro HDReplies: 0Last Post: 04-26-2012, 07:58 AM