1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen won't turn back on unless battery removed.

I've had this problem for a while and I think it was pre-jellybean as well. The whole time I've had my phone since July its only happened about 5 times. In this instances when I turn my screen off and try turning it back on, it won't respond at all. Power and home button are useless. In this last case, I had just turned on my phone less than 10 minutes ago so there wasn't any apps running except for Facebook which would eliminate a faulty app to my knowledge. I have an invisible shield so none of the sensors are being blocked. Has anyone else had this issue as well or know of a possible cause of this issue?

Default Re: Screen won't turn back on unless battery removed.

Had this issue last night ona replacement S3 just activated. Happened on original S3 also. Assuming I inadvertantly activated a screen lock of some type so I am looking into deactivating those.

Default Re: Screen won't turn back on unless battery removed.

A screen lock shouldn't prevent the power key from turning it on.

epic, the only suggestion I have is to do a factory reset and see if it still happens with a completely clean phone, with no apps installed. If so, it sounds like a hardware / firmware issue, and probably needs to be addressed under warranty. Ken, if your problem is happening before you've installed any 3rd party apps, I think you need to tell Sprint / Assurian they sent you a bum phone.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3