How to set my contact photo

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
New here... I got my Galaxy S3 (still on ics) a week ago and I've spent a good amount of time trying to figure out how to put a picture in for MY contact info. Would anyone be able to walk me through it? I know I did it on my Nexus S 4G and this doesn't seem different as far as Handcent etc, but there's no option to do it. Not saying just on Handcent btw, but no options that I'm finding on the phone. Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Sole07

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
In your contacts click and hold your contact. A pop up will ask to delete or edit. Click edit and go from there. Hope this helps.

Sent from my "PRECIOUS".
Chigirl loving her S3.

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks... But it's specifically for my own contact icon. Click & hold doesn't work on my own.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Tap your "own" contact to view. Tap the bottom left button "menu" and tap edit contact. Tap the empty picture box on top left and it should give you an option to edit picture.

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I did that in contacts, and it worked. It doesn't carry over to Handcent & such though. My husband thinks it's something to do with the Apple cases.

dsx968

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I just tried and it tells me there aren't any pictures on my phone. I know that isn't true.
Since all my photos are saved to the SD card is that maybe why? Kinda stupid that it isn't even trying to look there.

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I did that in contacts, and it worked. It doesn't carry over to Handcent & such though. My husband thinks it's something to do with the Apple cases.

My picture works fine on Handcent. Make sure you go to settings in Handcent and check Show image. It has nothing to do with Apple :)

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I just checked, the "show photos" was already checked. My husband has lost the ability to set his contact photo (other than email, same as me) on Handcent, messaging as well (HTC One), but it worked when he first got it over the summer. Very frustrating!

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Try long pressing on the blank picture area in handcent. It gives you some options and you may be able to add your picture from there.

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I think it's something that can't be done anymore, for whatever reason. I keep meaning to pop into Sprint & ask.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Just had to clear the Handcent data and lost my contact pic with the rest of it. After digging around, I figured it out (again? Lol). Go into the app home screen, then into the main settings and select Handcent Services. You will need to create a user profile on their site if you don't already have one. Once you do or log in, go to your profile settings and you'll see a default contact picture silhouette with a plus sign on it. Tap the pic to add what you want to use and it will then sync your contact pic on the app, as well as be able to tap your contact pic in a text thread for options.

Nikolina Mihaylova

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
When I click edit it only suggest I change the name or the phone number, there is no empty picture to click on after I have pressed edit. I tried through gallery, I tried through contacts. Please, help.