1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sd card.

Is there a way to move games and other files over to my sd card and them still work?

Sent from my Galaxy Slll using TapaTalk!
    Retired Ambassador

Default Re: Sd card.

Not unless you're rooted. Even then, the best you can do is trick your system into thinking your external sdcard is your internal card and your internal card is your external.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:

I have been stressing over this since I got the phone. I have a 16g and used up 4 just loading apps. I am rooted but have no idea how to use my sd card. Please mister Skunk teach us!
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by macmov View Post
    I have been stressing over this since I got the phone. I have a 16g and used up 4 just loading apps. I am rooted but have no idea how to use my sd card. Please mister Skunk teach us!
    I don't get your stressing over this. You will never use 16gb for apps unless you load insanely large games. I don't play games on my phone so this is not a concern for me.

Things that waste space such as music, pictures, videos, backups, roms, kernels and mods can easily be put on the sdcard.

What exactly are you trying to do that Is giving to trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    I don't get your stressing over this. You will never use 16gb for apps unless you load insanely large games. I don't play games on my phone so this is not a concern for me.

Things that waste space such as music, pictures, videos, backups, roms, kernels and mods can easily be put on the sdcard.

I am just trying to keep my phone as clean as possible. My last phone which was just a LG optimus had nothing but trouble with trying to keep it worthy for internet use even, I know this phone is worlds away from where I came from, but just playing around with it for the last week, I managed to suck up 4 gigs of space on just setting up my phone and thought it would be so much easier to just transfer over to a sd card. The other thing is, I a currently using wicked sensation personal rom and 4.1.1 JB I will most likely be changing that to make updates and dont want to loose all my apps and stuff on the phone when I flash a new rom. Plus maybe I am missing something here but I cant seem to transfer anything over to my sd card. pics,backups. I don't know I probably just dont know how to do it even if its stairing me in the face.

What exactly are you trying to do that Is giving to trouble?
    Last edited by macmov; 11-10-2012 at 02:11 PM.
    Retired Ambassador

You can't move apps over period. But moving files such as pictures, videos and music is as simple as copy an paste or cut and paste. If you don't know how to do this on your phone, you can do this very easily with the phone hooked to you computer with the usb cord.

Just load the Samsung drivers on your computer. Plug your phone into the computer and your computer should do the rest. If you don't have the drivers installed yet go to the rooting & hacks section and the drivers and instructions are in the how to root guide.

Once you have your drivers installed and your phone hooked to your computer. You phone will show up in my computer where you can cut and paste or copy and paste like any other file.

To get the camera pictures to save to your external card is also pretty easy. Open the camera app and Yahoo on the settings gear. Scroll to the bottom where it says storage an choose memory card.
    Last edited by Skunkape60; 11-10-2012 at 05:14 PM.
    Thanked by:
    macmov 

Thanks, that seems simple enough. I managed to already root myself. So i'll play around with that later. Thanks again for the patience.