It keeps re appearing every 2-3 days and now it's kinda starting to tick me off. I'm totally stock and I manually DL'ed JellyBean on the SD Card. Someone please help? Thanks.
    11-09-2012 09:16 AM
    I'm with you Joe! We need to get to the bottom of this. I reseted and reformatted and its now back. This leads me to believe that it may possibly be a Jelly Bean issue since I hardly have any apps installed.

Attachment 45457

Please someone make a "How To" on how to solve Media bug...-screenshot_2012-11-09-10-21-26-1-.png

WHAT THE HELL is this 'MEDIA SERVER'?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    11-09-2012 10:00 AM
    I'm with you Joe! We need to get to the bottom of this. I reseted and reformatted and its now back. This leads me to believe that it may possibly be a Jelly Bean issue since I hardly have any apps installed.
    Wait.... so you reformatted and factory reset your phone and are STILL dealing with this issue?!
    11-09-2012 11:34 AM
    Media server is nothing more than an android service that is needed for playing any media on an android os.

Try this. Menu / app manager / all tab / media storage / force stop / clear data.

Or if you are rooted and have titanium backup, you can try this: freeze media storage. I don't know that this will help but it's all I have at this point...
    GrooveRite likes this.
    11-09-2012 11:49 AM
    Media server is nothing more than an android service that is needed for playing any media on an android os.

Try this. Menu / app manager / all tab / media storage / force stop / clear data.

Or if you are rooted and have titanium backup, you can try this: freeze media storage. I don't know that this will help but it's all I have at this point...
    I don't have any media though, that's the thing. I only have pictures and 3-4 videos, which I rarely ever play... so i just don't get it lol.
    11-09-2012 12:03 PM
    I don't have any media though, that's the thing. I only have pictures and 3-4 videos, which I rarely ever play... so i just don't get it lol.
    Pictures and videos are media.
    11-09-2012 12:21 PM
    Wait.... so you reformatted and factory reset your phone and are STILL dealing with this issue?!
    Yes!
    11-09-2012 12:32 PM

Thanks Skunk! Is there anything else you think I should keep my eye on?
    11-09-2012 12:34 PM
    Pictures and videos are media.
    Yes, I understand that lol. But I took them with my phone so how can they go bad is what I don't understand? And is there any way to find out how to pin-point the files that are the cause.... my guess is no.
    11-09-2012 12:37 PM
    Just a heads up... Freezing media storage is not the answer. It won't allow you to save screen shots or pictures or anything.

I just don't feel this media server is an issue. I have been seeing it on every android phone I've had. Some times it's there and sometimes no. It just depends on how much media has been accessed.

You look at a picture it accesses media server. You listen to music out accesses media, your alarm clock rings it accesses media. Picasso uploads a photo it accesses media, you change a wallpaper it accesses media. Your notification sound goes off guess what? It accesses media.

I've pretty much let this run it's course but at this point I have to say you guys are on a witch hunt.
    11-09-2012 02:19 PM

Attachment 45457

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2012-11-09-10-21-26[1].png 
Views:	49 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	45458

You were definitely playing music at some time. (Music Player has been used). I noticed that Music Player does not shut itself off so go to the task manager and shut it off manually. That will probably shut down media server. On a good note, it really is not draining your battery. 2.5 hours and still have 92% left is damn good. People have the misconception that when they see a large number on Battery for a particular process, it's time to panic, but in reality it is just the percentage of all processes running on your system for a particular time period which in this case is using very little resources.
    11-09-2012 02:31 PM
    I've pretty much let this run it's course but at this point I have to say you guys are on a witch hunt.
    You're probably right, lol! I guess I've been spoiled with good battery life until poo hits the fan! lol!
    11-09-2012 02:54 PM
    Mistaken post
    11-10-2012 10:18 PM
    Never seen this before. Guess I'm a lucky guy? Hope I didn't jinx myself just now
    11-10-2012 11:27 PM