Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

Default Please someone make a "How To" on how to solve Media bug...

It keeps re appearing every 2-3 days and now it's kinda starting to tick me off. I'm totally stock and I manually DL'ed JellyBean on the SD Card. Someone please help? Thanks.

Default Re: Please someone make a "How To" on how to solve Media bug...

I'm with you Joe! We need to get to the bottom of this. I reseted and reformatted and its now back. This leads me to believe that it may possibly be a Jelly Bean issue since I hardly have any apps installed.

Attachment 45457

Please someone make a "How To" on how to solve Media bug...-screenshot_2012-11-09-10-21-26-1-.png

WHAT THE HELL is this 'MEDIA SERVER'?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    I'm with you Joe! We need to get to the bottom of this. I reseted and reformatted and its now back. This leads me to believe that it may possibly be a Jelly Bean issue since I hardly have any apps installed.
    Wait.... so you reformatted and factory reset your phone and are STILL dealing with this issue?!
    Retired Ambassador

Media server is nothing more than an android service that is needed for playing any media on an android os.

Try this. Menu / app manager / all tab / media storage / force stop / clear data.

Or if you are rooted and have titanium backup, you can try this: freeze media storage. I don't know that this will help but it's all I have at this point...
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    Media server is nothing more than an android service that is needed for playing any media on an android os.

Try this. Menu / app manager / all tab / media storage / force stop / clear data.

Or if you are rooted and have titanium backup, you can try this: freeze media storage. I don't know that this will help but it's all I have at this point...
    I don't have any media though, that's the thing. I only have pictures and 3-4 videos, which I rarely ever play... so i just don't get it lol.
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Joe113 View Post
    I don't have any media though, that's the thing. I only have pictures and 3-4 videos, which I rarely ever play... so i just don't get it lol.
    Pictures and videos are media.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe113 View Post
    Wait.... so you reformatted and factory reset your phone and are STILL dealing with this issue?!
    Yes!

Thanks Skunk! Is there anything else you think I should keep my eye on?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

Pictures and videos are media.
    Yes, I understand that lol. But I took them with my phone so how can they go bad is what I don't understand? And is there any way to find out how to pin-point the files that are the cause.... my guess is no.
    Retired Ambassador

Just a heads up... Freezing media storage is not the answer. It won't allow you to save screen shots or pictures or anything.

I just don't feel this media server is an issue. I have been seeing it on every android phone I've had. Some times it's there and sometimes no. It just depends on how much media has been accessed.

You look at a picture it accesses media server. You listen to music out accesses media, your alarm clock rings it accesses media. Picasso uploads a photo it accesses media, you change a wallpaper it accesses media. Your notification sound goes off guess what? It accesses media.

I've pretty much let this run it's course but at this point I have to say you guys are on a witch hunt.

ROM
    LIH Jelly Bean Leak

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post

Attachment 45457

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2012-11-09-10-21-26[1].png 
Views:	49 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	45458

You were definitely playing music at some time. (Music Player has been used). I noticed that Music Player does not shut itself off so go to the task manager and shut it off manually. That will probably shut down media server. On a good note, it really is not draining your battery. 2.5 hours and still have 92% left is damn good. People have the misconception that when they see a large number on Battery for a particular process, it's time to panic, but in reality it is just the percentage of all processes running on your system for a particular time period which in this case is using very little resources.
    HTC Touch2 -> Palm Pre -> HTC Evo4G -> Samsung Epic 4G Touch -> Samsung Galaxy S3 -> Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I've pretty much let this run it's course but at this point I have to say you guys are on a witch hunt.
    You're probably right, lol! I guess I've been spoiled with good battery life until poo hits the fan! lol!
    Retired Ambassador

Mistaken post

Global Posts
    1,967 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Never seen this before. Guess I'm a lucky guy? Hope I didn't jinx myself just now