- 213 Posts
Resetting after update..
I've had JB for a couple of weeks now, and have had no problems with glitches or lags or severe battery drain.. My question is, is a soft reset really necessary after an OS update? I understand I will lose my apps, but I don't have any games, so that doesn't really bug me.. I just see the suggestion pop up on here every once in a while, and I was curious.. Oh, and I am not rooted..
- 11-10-2012, 12:32 PM #2
- 1,491 Posts
Re: Resetting after update..
A soft reset is simply turning off the device and/or removing the battery. does not wipe any user info.
A hard reset will wipe the android OS and user settings and anything not stock on the phone / phone memory. It will not affect the external SD card.
Basically a hard reset will turn your phone into a factory original device, just like the day you opened it up out of the box. With the exception that any OS software updates that you applied, like going to JB, will still be there..
- 11-10-2012, 02:55 PM #3
- By Duard in forum AT&T Samsung InfuseReplies: 1Last Post: 02-05-2012, 12:08 PM
- By HootieMacMN in forum Motorola XoomReplies: 1Last Post: 01-20-2012, 10:27 AM
- By 4given_p8ntblr in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 1Last Post: 06-10-2011, 10:59 AM
- By sc0rpion in forum Motorola X Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 09-26-2010, 08:44 PM
- By sc0rpion in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 0Last Post: 09-25-2010, 12:50 AM