Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Wilfi's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

    Default Galaxy S3 won't Update

    I have a Sprint Galaxy S3 and it will not update to jelly bean. When I look at the device's details, it says that it is at 4.0.4. When I try and click update firmware though, it says there are no updates available. I've tried syncing too and my parents have it for there s3's. Help!?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 won't Update

    Have you tried the method posted in other threads? Clearing the Google services framework data in the application settings. Then trying the update again? Took me 6 times before it worked.

    Sent From My Galaxy S3
  3. #3  
    av1atrx's Avatar

    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 won't Update

    When I try that method, I get a message about how all the application's data will be deleted permanently. Is that normal and ok to press "ok"?
  4. #4  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 won't Update

    Quote Originally Posted by av1atrx View Post
    When I try that method, I get a message about how all the application's data will be deleted permanently. Is that normal and ok to press "ok"?
    yes

    This method only works if the ota was already sent to your phone.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 won't Update

    When I did my update, I lost things on my sd card. Make sure to back up up your data.

    Sent From My Galaxy S3
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 won't Update

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfi View Post
    I have a Sprint Galaxy S3 and it will not update to jelly bean. When I look at the device's details, it says that it is at 4.0.4. When I try and click update firmware though, it says there are no updates available. I've tried syncing too and my parents have it for there s3's. Help!?
    Just do a manual update, following the numerous posts. It's simple, you won't lose your files, etc., and it'll only take a few minutes. It's a big file, so make sure your battery has a good charge. If you have questions about the manual update, they've probably already been answered in those posts. But, if you still have questions...just ask.
  7. #7  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 won't Update

    Quote Originally Posted by av1atrx View Post
    When I try that method, I get a message about how all the application's data will be deleted permanently. Is that normal and ok to press "ok"?
    This only deletes APPLICATION DATA for that one application. It is no big deal as it is nothing you need.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by 2:
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 won't Update

    Heloo, i have the new android version 4.1.2 and when i press software update it give me'':access to the software update service is provided to users in the order in which they request it,try later...
    what i can do about it???
    plz help
  9. #9  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 won't Update

    Quote Originally Posted by Mazen Yaghmour View Post
    Heloo, i have the new android version 4.1.2 and when i press software update it give me'':access to the software update service is provided to users in the order in which they request it,try later...
    what i can do about it???
    plz help
    What are you trying to update? 4.1.2 is the most current update and not even officially out and has not been released for the Sprint yet.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 won't Update

    hi i am having the same problem all my family have the s3 but mine is the only one that hasnt updated tryed the manual download but it wont let me download it
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 won't Update

    What version do you have, and what are your family's phones on? Have you rooted?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

    LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
  12. #12  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 won't Update

    Quote Originally Posted by staceyek2011 View Post
    hi i am having the same problem all my family have the s3 but mine is the only one that hasnt updated tryed the manual download but it wont let me download it
    Go into the about phone in settings and if you're on version L710VPBLJ7 (SPRINT) you are already on the most current official version. Also worth asking, is your S3 a Sprint, AT&T, TMobile or Verizon model. All the different carriers have didfferent software and get updated at different tims. Just because the Sprint model gets an update means nothing for AT&T phones.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 won't Update

    Its didnt work i try it a lot of time but my phone isnt ota i have my s3 4.0.4 and no update available can u help me ?? And my base band i didnt find it in google so i dont know were my phone come from
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 won't Update

    Are you on Sprint, or another carrier?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

    LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
  15. #15  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,823 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,263 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 won't Update

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfi View Post
    I have a Sprint Galaxy S3 and it will not update to jelly bean. When I look at the device's details, it says that it is at 4.0.4. When I try and click update firmware though, it says there are no updates available. I've tried syncing too and my parents have it for there s3's. Help!?
    You can go to samsung updates.com and look up your device (SPH-L710). Then download the .zip file. Because it's a zip, you will have to place it on either your SD card or your phone's internal memory. I would suggest the SD card. Reboot into recovery, and apply the update from there. DISCLAIMER: This method may wipe your data. In fact, I would suggest to voluntarily wipe it anyway, along with cache.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 won't Update

    So, I am trying to update my Galaxy S3 to the latest software, yet when I check, it says that my device is up to date. My co-worker got the 4.3 Jelly Bean update back in October, and I have been checking online to see when 4.3 is supposed to come out. Many websites said it came out at the end of October and there are a few other websites that said 4.3 came out for Sprint on 11/6. It is now 11/14 and when I check my phone to update the software, it says it's up to date, yet when I check my Android version it says I am only on 4.1.2. Any help please?!
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 won't Update

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicElephants View Post
    So, I am trying to update my Galaxy S3 to the latest software, yet when I check, it says that my device is up to date. My co-worker got the 4.3 Jelly Bean update back in October, and I have been checking online to see when 4.3 is supposed to come out. Many websites said it came out at the end of October and there are a few other websites that said 4.3 came out for Sprint on 11/6. It is now 11/14 and when I check my phone to update the software, it says it's up to date, yet when I check my Android version it says I am only on 4.1.2. Any help please?!
    There are a number of threads about this. The 4.3 is not out yet. ... Sprint has stated to some that it will be next week. Folks really. .... try reading or searching first.

    Posted via Android Central App
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Galaxy S3 won't Update

    I would bet your co-worker doesn't have a Sprint S3, does (s)he?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

    LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
  19. #19  
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3
    (No KNOX)

Similar Threads

  1. [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3
    By Skunkape60 in forum Sprint Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 650
    Last Post: 11-11-2014, 09:26 PM
  2. My clock on my samsung Galaxy s3 won't work...
    By tiffanyranae67 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-18-2012, 04:14 PM
  3. Galaxy s3 4.1 update south africa
    By Jedi_Rolla in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-08-2012, 02:46 PM
  4. Ota update error on international galaxy s3
    By surender_jhakra9999 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-19-2012, 03:55 PM

Posting Permissions